CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

Advertisement
Nope.
Before the season he said that he should have left him in the Pitt game last year so it may take an even worse outing.

The backups are not ready yet. Why can't people realize this.
If they aren't ready, heads should roll. Sorry, but Perry and Weldon have been here long enough to know what to do. If they don't, that's on the coaches. When I see other freshmen QBs doing well, but ours can't see the field because "they aren't ready", it boils my blood. This O isn't rocket science.

If they aren't ready, heads should roll. Sorry, but Perry and Weldon have been here long enough to know what to do. If they don't, that's on the coaches. When I see other freshmen QBs doing well, but ours can't see the field because "they aren't ready", it boils my blood. This O isn't rocket science.
Every QB is different. Every system is different.
According to Richt the youngsters are just not fully ready mentally to do what he wants.
Maybe this will change as the season goes on but we must live in reality.

People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.

Huh? We did it last week against savannah st. Why wouldn’t he do something similar with Perry against Toledo?

Advertisement
Every QB is different. Every system is different.
According to Richt the youngsters are just not fully ready mentally to do what he wants.
Maybe this will change as the season goes on but we must live in reality.
Reality is it's their job to get the best players on the field, and if they can't they will keep losing games. They'd better figure it out fast, because Rosier WILL cost us more games.

Reality is it's their job to get the best players on the field, and if they can't they will keep losing games. They'd better figure it out fast, because Rosier WILL cost us more games.
You think Richt is in this business to lose games?
We have people who come on this board who see limited practices. These "sauces" tell us that Rosier is the most ready to play and knows the system better than the others. This gives him the advantage.
As for costing us games there is no guarantee The backups would have won the games we lost under Rosier so that is a faulty argument.

Unless you have a roster of 5 stars you can't win championships by being conservative and scared. I hope Richt isn't that degree of conservative and scared. Perry should have started getting all the 1 preparations the day after Wisconsin.

The main reason Richt needs to get the backups more meaningful reps is it'll light a fire under Rosier's ***. As much as I trash the dude, one thing I can say is he's a gamer and a competitor. His level of play will absolutely improve if he starts to think the young guys are nipping at his heels.

Advertisement
Cmon, coach, fans are smarter than that. You can't learn anything if all you;re doing is handing it off.
I think putting Kosi in only to have him hand the ball off - with 7 minutes left, on Toledo's side of the 50 - was intended as a confidence boost & pat on the back to Malik for improving his play. Wasted opportunity to get a backup QB valuable experience on the road by letting him throw the ball, but we apparently would rather make sure none of the backups look better than the starter we're protecting on national TV - while also making sure not to run up the score on the team who tried to decapitate said starter after the game was already out of reach.

There's a lot of disparity between what's been said by the staff regarding the QB position for the last few months & what's actually happened. And that's putting it lightly.

Last edited:
People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.

....The Ol' Coach would go five wide chucking it towards the end zone. And what do you think Jimmy J or Bobby Bowden would do? Score. Score again. They will stick to their gameplan until you stop them.

Boy, I miss those days!

Unless you have a roster of 5 stars you can't win championships by being conservative and scared. I hope Richt isn't that degree of conservative and scared. Perry should have started getting all the 1 preparations the day after Wisconsin.
Some people say Perry should be getting the 1st team reps. Others say Weldon has shown more and he should be getting 1sr team reps.
Others say Williams is the natural student of the game and is the best natural QB so he should be getting the reps.

Too much talk from people who are not the coaches.

Advertisement
....The Ol' Coach would go five wide chucking it towards the end zone. And what do you think Jimmy J or Bobby Bowden would do? Score. Score again. They will stick to their gameplan until you stop them.

Boy, I miss those days!
We are not living in those days anymore.

I think putting Kosi in only to have him hand the ball off - with 7 minutes left, on Toledo's side of the 50 - was intended as a confidence boost & pat on the back to Malik for improving his play. Wasted opportunity to get a backup QB valuable experience on the road, but we apparently would rather make sure none of the backups look better than the starter we're protecting on national TV - while also making sure not to run up the score on the team who tried to decapitate said starter after the game was already out of reach.

There's a lot of disparity between what's been said by the staff regarding the QB position for the last few months & what's actually happened. And that's putting it lightly.
It was absolutely a message being sent. To the fans, and maybe even the team.

Some people say Perry should be getting the 1st team reps. Others say Weldon has shown more and he should be getting 1sr team reps.
Others say Williams is the natural student of the game and is the best natural QB so he should be getting the reps.

Too much talk from people who are not the coaches.

If I watch a space shuttle explode I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that something's ****ed up and changes are needed.

Advertisement
If I watch a space shuttle explode I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that something's ****ed up and changes are needed.
There are many ways to do damage control and resolve the problems. Giving the backup flavor of the month 1st team reps sounds good in theory but as I alluded to none of the backups seem to be separating for the 2nd spot let alone ready to battle for the 1 spot.

You think Richt is in this business to lose games?
We have people who come on this board who see limited practices. These "sauces" tell us that Rosier is the most ready to play and knows the system better than the others. This gives him the advantage.
As for costing us games there is no guarantee The backups would have won the games we lost under Rosier so that is a faulty argument.
Then again, the coaching staff needs to get a competent QB. It is the QB position that is stalling the O. We have depth and talent at the skill positions that we haven't seen in years, and a QB that can't get the ball into their hands consistently. If this staff can't get a quality QB in there they are being seriously over paid.

Year one you use what you were left and do the best you can with it. Every argument you made would be perfectly fitting for a coach in his first season at a school. This is year three, and there is no **** excuse for Malik Rosier being the best option.

You're wild if you can't see that Richt is pandering to the fans about the backups. We're a 26-pt favorite against FIU. By that logic, we won't see Kosi until 8 minutes left in the 4th again.
Perry didn't get on the field in meaningful minutes because the defense blew a 21 point lead when Johnson went down. Simple as that. Jaquan Johnson being replaced by Robert Knowles cost Perry meaningful reps.

Advertisement
Back