CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

If there aren't any suitable replacements for Malik Rosier at this point in Richt's tenure, which 2 people do you think THAT falls on? Both of their names start with R and end with icht.

Watch college football. Schools all over the country are starting FR and SO that are tremendously better than Malik.

Whatever the excuse is, it all comes down to the fact that the product we're trotting out at QB is inexcusable and it all goes back to the head honcho. We've seen enough, make a change and go.
how worse can they be? lol

Advertisement
We've played three games, all of our backups have seen time, and our #2 has seen time in 2 games. It will almost certainly happen this week as well. Getting the redshirt freshman time in three of our first four games is frankly as good as one can expect.

Last week it was " I don't care what Rosier does against Savannah" This week it is "I don't care what he does against Toledo." Next week it will be "I don't care about FIU" , then after that "UNC sucks so I don't care" then after that "this is F$U's worst team ever so I don't care"
and so on and so on and so on.

I don't care what you all don't care about. I want to see Rosier and this team do well and get better each week.

the reason no one cares about what he does against fcs and g5 teams is because this is the exact same thing that happened last year. he's broken 60% twice in the last 10 games, and one of those times was against a team moving down to d2. overall he's been over 60% in 7 of 17 starts, and 5 of those were against p5 teams. that's absolutely atrocious.

the reason no one cares about what he does against fcs and g5 teams is because this is the exact same thing that happened last year. he's broken 60% twice in the last 10 games, and one of those times was against a team moving down to d2. overall he's been over 60% in 7 of 17 starts, and 5 of those were against p5 teams. that's absolutely atrocious.
What happend last year is what happened last year. Each team is different and each team is developing a new identity as the season progresses.

The fact of the matter is we have an easy schedule. We have talent and we have good coaches. I expect this team to show improvement week to week especially with the games coming up. People should care about him going out there and leading the team to 5 Tds and not committing one turnover (even if it is Toledo). Hopefully he can improve upon that performance next week.

I'm more interested in Perry getting continued first team reps at practice. That's where he's going to have to make his move if he's going to be considered for the starting position. A couple of handoffs in garbage time proves nothing. He's obviously not showing enough in practice for the coaches to trust him in games.

Advertisement
You think Richt is in this business to lose games?
We have people who come on this board who see limited practices. These "sauces" tell us that Rosier is the most ready to play and knows the system better than the others. This gives him the advantage.
As for costing us games there is no guarantee The backups would have won the games we lost under Rosier so that is a faulty argument.

I think you’re missing his point. He isn’t saying Rosier is not the best option. He’s saying Rosier ******* sucks and we should have developed a better option in year three.

And as dumb as Andre Ware sounded most of the broadcast he did make a good point.
No matter who we trot out there the OL has to play better. They have not been up for any challenge this season. That should be the main focus and concern.

Advertisement
What happend last year is what happened last year. Each team is different and each team is developing a new identity as the season progresses.

The fact of the matter is we have an easy schedule. We have talent and we have good coaches. I expect this team to show improvement week to week especially with the games coming up. People should care about him going out there and leading the team to 5 Tds and not committing one turnover (even if it is Toledo). Hopefully he can improve upon that performance next week.

and he hasn't shown that he's any different this year than he was last year. jump ball to mallory against ssu and whatever that thing he threw to cager this week would be interceptions returned for touchdowns against any decent p5 corner. he's making the same ****** throws that he did last season.

I'm more interested in Perry getting continued first team reps at practice. That's where he's going to have to make his move if he's going to be considered for the starting position. A couple of handoffs in garbage time proves nothing. He's obviously not showing enough in practice for the coaches to trust him in games.
im fine with perry getting the reps but i believe jarren is the guy. he just has the look on the field to me.

I think you’re missing his point. He isn’t saying Rosier is not the best option. He’s saying Rosier ******* sucks and we should have developed a better option in year three.
Or the players are late bloomers and learn at a different pace. That can be a factor.
Or they are busts. (Which I am not saying but that is an option.)
Or maybe they are "gamers" and not practice players. Which I think is not likely in this offense but who knows.

brutal truth

that was a massive FU to the fans

I don't think it was an FU to the fans - more of nice guy Richt not wanting run run up the score on Toledo. He doesn't have that nasty streak in him like Dabo (cue 58-0) or Saban (62-7 vs. Ole Miss).

Advertisement
and he hasn't shown that he's any different this year than he was last year. jump ball to mallory against ssu and whatever that thing he threw to cager this week would be interceptions returned for touchdowns against any decent p5 corner.
I think very few people were expecting him to be a totally different player than last season.
This team can get better though and he can get a better rapport with his WRs and TEs . That he can work on along with other little things the coaching staff will tell him to work on both mechanically and in the film room.

I don't think it was an FU to the fans - more of nice guy Richt not wanting run run up the score on Toledo. He doesn't have that nasty streak in him like Dabo (cue 58-0) or Saban (62-7 vs. Ole Miss).
Did you miss the 77-0 game two weeks ago?

Advertisement
We didn't put that game away until the 4th and Rosier played a pretty solid game overall. Yes, his completion percent was still down but he ran the ball well and has some good throws when we really needed him to have good throws.

Perry had no chance to throw the ball. There was no reason to have him throw when he came in. He also fumbled a snap which doesn't help his cause to get real snaps unfortunately.

I get it, Perry or Williams are the future but Rosier gives us the best chance to win right now. It is what it is. Until he is downright dreadful, they aren't getting in. History has shown that time will come at some point. Just be patient.

I think very few people were expecting him to be a totally different player than last season.
This team can get better though and he can get a better rapport with his WRs and TEs . That he can work on along with other little things the coaching staff will tell him to work on both mechanically and in the film room.
Only if his TEs and WRs enjoy being punished with bad passes.

We didn't put that game away until the 4th and Rosier played a pretty solid game overall. Yes, his completion percent was still down but he ran the ball well and has some good throws when we really needed him to have good throws.

Perry had no chance to throw the ball. There was no reason to have him throw when he came in. He also fumbled a snap which doesn't help his cause to get real snaps unfortunately.

I get it, Perry or Williams are the future but Rosier gives us the best chance to win right now. It is what it is. Until he is downright dreadful, they aren't getting in. History has shown that time will come at some point. Just be patient.
The best chance to win against who, Toledo and SSU? Seems to me he didn't help our chances one **** bit in ANY of the 4 games we lost. Not one **** bit.

Advertisement
Back