CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

how worse can they be? lol

A lot, but that's not really the point. If the backup is not demonstrably better, you don't sit your starter when the game is still in question.

Look at what happened Saturday. We lost one player on defense, and we went from pitching a shutout and really suffocating everything Toledo was trying to do on offense to getting lit up for 24 points on four consecutive drives. If we're not out there on offense a least matching scores or worse, turning the ball over, we become the laughing stock of CFB, the season is a disaster on par with FSU, and you can forget about landing any of the top recruits we're competing for.

Mark Richt, Malik Rosier, Jeff Thomas, DeeJay Dallas, and the rest of the offense did everything in their power to get Perry into the game.

TWICE.

Advertisement
I think very few people were expecting him to be a totally different player than last season.
This team can get better though and he can get a better rapport with his WRs and TEs . That he can work on along with other little things the coaching staff will tell him to work on both mechanically and in the film room.

so he's still a developmental player. no reason to continue to develop a 5th year senior after we've seen his ceiling if we can do the same with one of the other guys that will be here next year. malik's inconsistency has cost us games and, barring some sort of magical accuracy-increasing supplement that bellamy has in his back pocket, is bound to do it again.

so he's still a developmental player. no reason to continue to develop a 5th year senior after we've seen his ceiling if we can do the same with one of the other guys that will be here next year. malik's inconsistency has cost us games and, barring some sort of magical accuracy-increasing supplement that bellamy has in his back pocket, is bound to do it again.
The other guys are not ready. And I do not see them being ready to start any time soon.

Richt refusing to see what he's got with the backups in cushy situations like when we were up 14-0 just shows that he's happy beating cupcakes and isn't bothered to beat the real contenders of the world.

Luckily for him the rest of the way is filled with cupcakes so he gets to keep his soft 10 win season without ever truly competing for something special.

Advertisement
The best chance to win against who, Toledo and SSU? Seems to me he didn't help our chances one **** bit in ANY of the 4 games we lost. Not one **** bit.

Perry was a True Frosh last year and nowhere near ready to play so throw that narrative out. We wrecked ND and VT last year with Rosier. He also had the throw vs FSU. Quit *****ing to *****. Everyone knows he's not an All American or close to it. Its easy to say just throw in the next guy. Be patient.

bama's line is loaded with talent. our best OL talent is fresh and soph
I don't think it has anything to do with talent or having a well oiled machine, it has everything to do with coaching, and winning the big games, which Richt can't seem to do. Saban sat a two time national champion quarterback's *** on the bench and rolled a freshman out there, Richt wouldn't do that with a gun to his head, there's your difference

Im sorry. I have been hard on richt but look at that mans track record with QB's. almost everyone at FSU and UGA was all conference.
I'll take Richt's judgment over pete saying Perry will be a day one starter and will dominate. ANYONE with half a brain saw Perry was raw
and played against weak competition. @Coach Macho among other warned about unreal expectatons on the kid.

Perry was a True Frosh last year and nowhere near ready to play so throw that narrative out. We wrecked ND and VT last year with Rosier. He also had the throw vs FSU. Quit *****ing to *****. Everyone knows he's not an All American or close to it. Its easy to say just throw in the next guy. Be patient.

Be patient? Really? Sure thing, maybe with a new season we will see improvement. Great chance playing LSU right out of the gate. What's that? LSU trashed us?

To **** with being patient. Malik Rosier wouldn't start at ANY other P5 team, but we are to be patient while he's trotted out there every week, missing reads and bogging down our O? Life is too short for ****** football.

Advertisement
I don't think it has anything to do with talent or having a well oiled machine, it has everything to do with coaching, and winning the big games, which Richt can't seem to do. Saban sat a two time national champion quarterback's *** on the bench and rolled a freshman out there, Richt wouldn't do that with a gun to his head, there's your difference
i agree. thats only a move saban would do. thats why he's saban but lets be fair. a few years ago, Richt was an aaron murray choke away from beating him and probably winning a NC. that wasnt because he couldnt coach

I don't really get the meltdown here. I guess Richt could've had Perry throw a few balls when there was a few minutes remaining. Overall, though, the staff still thinks Malik is the best and it was a one touchdown game towards the end of the third quarter. I think FIU sucks and we'll jump on them early. If so, you'll see Perry come out. If we're struggling, we'll see Perry come out. Our offense wasn't elite on Saturday, but it was just fine.

People melting down like it was some huge missed opportunity lol

Mark Richt needs to start playing Perry and not just in mop up duty. We have alot of tune up games, FIU, UNC, FSU etc leading up to VT in Blacksburg. That will be our season defining game. The LSU loss looks less bad weekly. They may defeat one of UGA or Bama
Dont count FSU as a tune up game, no matter how bad they are this is a huge rivalry. FSU will come out playing there hardest, and with malik and the oline it could be a close one.

Im sorry. I have been hard on richt but look at that mans track record with QB's. almost everyone at FSU and UGA was all conference.
I'll take Richt's judgment over pete saying Perry will be a day one starter and will dominate. ANYONE with half a brain saw Perry was raw
and played against weak competition. @Coach Macho among other warned about unreal expectatons on the kid.
I wonder if Perry really even is our second best QB or if Richt is being his usual stubborn self.

Advertisement
The other guys are not ready. And I do not see them being ready to start any time soon.
Let me ask you. How ready did Rosier look when we were down 33-3 to LSU? Do you honestly think HE is ready? Spare me the FSU game last year that should have NEVER come down to a last second play. Spare me the ND game where our D destroyed them. Same with VT. You going to sit here and say Rosier won us that game as well?

Advertisement
Be patient? Really? Sure thing, maybe with a new season we will see improvement. Great chance playing LSU right out of the gate. What's that? LSU trashed us?

To **** with being patient. Malik Rosier wouldn't start at ANY other P5 team, but we are to be patient while he's trotted out there every week, missing reads and bogging down our O? Life is too short for ****** football.

i agree with everything but this. i think he'd be great at georgia tech where the offense would allow him to chuck it somewhere into a 20 yard window like 5 times/game and 40% is acceptable.

Dont count FSU as a tune up game, no matter how bad they are this is a huge rivalry. FSU will come out playing there hardest, and with malik and the oline it could be a close one.
The main problem I see at FSU is that they look uninterested and uninspired. They will not be uninterested in playing us. It's on us to come out fast and crush their aspirations of saving face in a disaster year by beating a rival at home.

Let me ask you. How ready did Rosier look when we were down 33-3 to LSU? Do you honestly think HE is ready? Spare me the FSU game last year that should have NEVER come down to a last second play. Spare me the ND game where our D destroyed them. Same with VT. You going to sit here and say Rosier won us that game as well?

the picks against vt were the only reason they were in striking distance in the 4th quarter.

the picks against vt were the only reason they were in striking distance in the 4th quarter.
we could have beaten VT worse. FSU was more knowles fault too. that dude gave up 14pts on his own but Rosier did play weak in that game.
KC missed the block that lead to the int against wisky but the same, rosier played like crap after that

Advertisement
Back