CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
Joe asked him: what about the freshman QBs, are they ready?

CMR said: We are to the point with them, that we can’t learn more about them until you get them in the game, just have to be careful, you want to make sure the timing is right to get them in. But its about that time to get them in, they are ready.

Earlier on he talked about what a great game Rosier had, talked about the great block he had on the Thomas run as well!.

Advertisement
Joe asked him: what about the freshman QBs, are they ready?

CMR said: We are to the point with them, that we can’t learn more about them until you get them in the game, just have to be careful, you want to make sure the timing is right to get them in. But its about that time to get them in, they are ready.

Cmon, coach, fans are smarter than that. You can't learn anything if all you;re doing is handing it off.

Mark Richt needs to start playing Perry and not just in mop up duty. We have alot of tune up games, FIU, UNC, FSU etc leading up to VT in Blacksburg. That will be our season defining game. The LSU loss looks less bad weekly. They may defeat one of UGA or Bama

He said the same bull**** last week. Coach speak, he isn't pulling Malik until its Pitt levels of bad. That much is plenty clear to me after he called 3 handoffs for Kosi.

Advertisement
Mark Richt needs to start playing Perry and not just in mop up duty. We have alot of tune up games, FIU, UNC, FSU etc leading up to VT in Blacksburg. That will be our season defining game. The LSU loss looks less bad weekly. They may defeat one of UGA or Bama

I see what you did there.... ;)

He said the same bull**** last week. Coach speak, he isn't pulling Malik until its Pitt levels of bad. That much is plenty clear to me after he called 3 handoffs for Kosi.

Yup. He wasted game time reps with Kosi by just having him hand off the ball repeatedly. The only way Kosi's starting is if Malik plays similar to how he did in the Pitt game or Malik gets injured. I'll never wish injury upon a player, so we're going to have to go through the pains of Malik just being who he is.

Advertisement
I listen to the Rose show every Monday and I'm a strong believer that even if Rosier was a potential 1st round NFL pick we must get or back ups experience/playing time. Today CMR was very clear, sounded committed that the freshman QBs to develop further just need to play. Last week he just talked about the way the QBs played against Savanna St.

People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.

People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.

We ran an inside zone on 3rd and 16 with 8 minutes left. Stop saying you want the young guys to get game reps if you don't back it up with the calls on the field.

2 handoffs....Kosi was gonna throw the ball but he fumbled the snap

Advertisement
We ran an inside zone on 3rd and 16 with 8 minutes left. Stop saying you want the young guys to get game reps if you don't back it up with the calls on the field.
The game was over. That one potential pass play people wanted to see will not make any difference in whether Kosi develops or not. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
This week I think we will see the backups play more.

The game was over. That one potential pass play people wanted to see will not make any difference in whether Kosi develops or not. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
This week I think we will see the backups play more.

You're wild if you can't see that Richt is pandering to the fans about the backups. We're a 26-pt favorite against FIU. By that logic, we won't see Kosi until 8 minutes left in the 4th again.

Advertisement
You're wild if you can't see that Richt is pandering to the fans about the backups. We're a 26-pt favorite against FIU. By that logic, we won't see Kosi until 8 minutes left in the 4th again.
I don't see Richt as the type of man to pander to anyone.
He says it the way he feels it.
But I understand your frustrations and others who want to see the backups. They are young talented kids.

At that point in the game did you really think Richt would let Perry air out the football?

You're putting words in my mouth. In reference to his quotes on the Joe Rose show, he said the QBs need in-game reps. Kosi came in with a chance to throw at least a few balls and he didn't. All I'm saying is his words don't match Richt's actions.

Advertisement
Back