CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

There are many ways to do damage control and resolve the problems. Giving the backup flavor of the month 1st team reps sounds good in theory but as I alluded to none of the backups seem to be separating for the 2nd spot let alone ready to battle for the 1 spot.
"Backup flavor of the month". **** with that thinking. Like what we have starting is tasty. Maybe if he didn't play like crap, people wouldn't be demanding a better flavor.

Advertisement
Perry didn't get on the field in meaningful minutes because the defense blew a 21 point lead when Johnson went down. Simple as that. Jaquan Johnson being replaced by Robert Knowles cost Perry meaningful reps.

100% agree with you on this point. But, if he's on the field, might as well let it rip - and he didn't.

"Backup flavor of the month". **** with that thinking. Like what we have starting is tasty. Maybe if he didn't play like crap, people wouldn't be demanding a better flavor.
No one is saying Rosier is perfect. He has plenty of faults to his game that people consistently point out (and rightfully so.)

However, Rosier made some plays on Saturday that were solid, I don't care if many of them were with his feet. He made some good decisions and helped us not only win the game but pull away.
He made some runs that I have never seen a Miami Qb do and it was exciting. Let's not just focus on the negatives.

Advertisement
No matter what team most football fans think the best QB on the team is the 1st guy that comes off the bench till he proves he is not. I admit I am not a fan of Malik but I got no clue if any of the other QB's are better. Perry doesn't seem to over throw receivers as much as Malik does but Malik doesn't seem to throw many interceptions at least this year. Perry hasn't played enough to rate his ability.

100% agree with you on this point. But, if he's on the field, might as well let it rip - and he didn't.
lol, he fumbled the snap and nearly turned the ball over on the first pass play. We got to have some realistic expectations, man. No way in **** a decent coach doesn't see that and say, "Well, so much for that. Let's ice this game and go home."

Perry needs real meaningful reps to work out those sorts of issues--remember he had some trouble with the center exchanges in practices as well--and I was really hoping he'd get them. But there's no need in intentionally trying to compound on a mental error in a meaningless game.

I'm absolutely positive that the remaining hand offs had the primary intent of simply perfecting the QB/Center exchanges. Don't try to think too much. Don't worry about the coverage. Just clean exchanges and fundamentals.

There are many ways to do damage control and resolve the problems. Giving the backup flavor of the month 1st team reps sounds good in theory but as I alluded to none of the backups seem to be separating for the 2nd spot let alone ready to battle for the 1 spot.

If there aren't any suitable replacements for Malik Rosier at this point in Richt's tenure, which 2 people do you think THAT falls on? Both of their names start with R and end with icht.

Watch college football. Schools all over the country are starting FR and SO that are tremendously better than Malik.

Whatever the excuse is, it all comes down to the fact that the product we're trotting out at QB is inexcusable and it all goes back to the head honcho. We've seen enough, make a change and go.

No one is saying Rosier is perfect. He has plenty of faults to his game that people consistently point out (and rightfully so.)

However, Rosier made some plays on Saturday that were solid, I don't care if many of them were with his feet. He made some good decisions and helped us not only win the game but pull away.
He made some runs that I have never seen a Miami Qb do and it was exciting. Let's not just focus on the negatives.
He made some plays against TOLEDO!!! He made some plays against SSU!!! My God, we aren't playing in the MAC.

Advertisement
People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.

Nick Saban was up by 50 and let his 3rd string QB throw the ball and Nick is the best coach in college football. Either you want to make friends or win championships its that simple.

I don't give a shît what he does vs toledo. His best game was vs toledo last year. He is running around beating his chest like he isn't pure *** vs teams that actually matter.

If there aren't any suitable replacements for Malik Rosier at this point in Richt's tenure, which 2 people do you think THAT falls on? Both of their names start with R and end with icht.

Watch college football. Schools all over the country are starting FR and SO that are tremendously better than Malik.

Whatever the excuse is, it all comes down to the fact that the product we're trotting out at QB is inexcusable and it all goes back to the head honcho. We've seen enough, make a change and go.
I watch a lot of College football. That is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that Rosier is doing what Richt wants to not only start but to be the clear starter. That is reality many people have to cope with.

The backups can be super stars and can be great players but they are not ready yet according to the staff and others who see practices.

Advertisement
Rosier is 100% the starting QB moving forward but FIU could present an opportunity for 3rd quarter reps for Perry. Not sure how likely that is since they're not a door mat.

Last week it was " I don't care what Rosier does against Savannah" This week it is "I don't care what he does against Toledo." Next week it will be "I don't care about FIU" , then after that "UNC sucks so I don't care" then after that "this is F$U's worst team ever so I don't care"
and so on and so on and so on.

I don't care what you all don't care about. I want to see Rosier and this team do well and get better each week.

Last edited:
Nick Saban was up by 50 and let his 3rd string QB throw the ball and Nick is the best coach in college football. Either you want to make friends or win championships its that simple.
BINGO !!!! Richt continues to show that he is a second rate coach, has not learned a damm thing by being fired. Big time teams all over the place playing freshmen, some starting, some TRUE freshmen. Hardheaded mothflucker

Advertisement
Saban has a well oiled machine and has had it for many , many seasons.

We had a snap go over Kosi's head that he had to scramble to get.
Apples and oranges of situations and circumstances.

Because he plays Kosi with the 3rd string center. We are one play from Malik getting hit and having to play Kosi. I thought Malik was injured on that run against Toledo.

Joe asked him: what about the freshman QBs, are they ready?

CMR said: We are to the point with them, that we can’t learn more about them until you get them in the game, just have to be careful, you want to make sure the timing is right to get them in. But its about that time to get them in, they are ready.

Earlier on he talked about what a great game Rosier had, talked about the great block he had on the Thomas run as well!.
he has been hinting at it the last week or so. last week i saw an interview where he said the best guy to give us a chance to win is going to play. it use to be we feel malik gives us the best chance.

bama's line is loaded with talent. our best OL talent is fresh and soph

Advertisement
Back