Clay Millen, QB, (2021)

The QB field is getting real tight for uncommitted 2021 QB'S and putting most of our eggs in the flipping USC commit Jake Garcia basket is to risky. Instead Millen offers a stable high FBIQ quarterback that is accurate and can be an a field general for the athletes Miami would surround him with hence the Ken Dorsey 2.0 comparison.

Go Canes
I get it but I think we’ll be good as long as Lashlee and King do what they’re supposed to. We May have to do another grad transfer for one more year and then land a stud ala Oklahoma.

Advertisement
I get it but I think we’ll be good as long as Lashlee and King do what they’re supposed to. We May have to do another grad transfer for one more year and then land a stud ala Oklahoma.

Tyler Van Dyke was the composite #7 QB in the country. You expect that kid to be able to start in Year 2. But if he's a whiff, then yes, QB next year becomes and even bigger piece, and it's a huge piece already.

Building a stable program long term is best accomplished through signing prep recruits not transfers, Oklahoma is more of the exception rather than the rule.

Go Canes

Good break down by SI of Clay Millen and sounds like a very good roster and scheme fit for Miami. Smart QB that has a live arm, quick feet, and comes from the NFL QB family! He could sit behind TVD and start in a few years or earlier if needed due to injury. Would be a very good late flip if we can't get Jake Garcia.

Go Canes

Advertisement
With it looking like the Jake Garcia flipping saga is coming to end, it maybe time look to the apple state for our 2021 class QB. One major issue I see is that the state of Washington has pushed high school football to the spring so Millen can only be evaluated on his single year of being a starter as a junior.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Great profile piece on a QB that is a coach kid and would be a great game manager for Miami's skilled athletes in the 2021 class. This kid is Ken Dorsey 2.0 right down to the west coast killer film geek personna.

@DMoney what gives why is coach Lashlee not feeling this kid.

@Roman Marciante what's your opinion on this young QB as a prospect. 30+ passingTDs with only 1 int seems like an insane ratio as a high school junior even against northern Pacific competition.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back