Clay Millen, QB, (2021)

I’ve always said we should recruit nationally at QB, including but not limited to Florida. Here is a post from 2013:

7 whole years ago... and you were more reporting the news than were actively searching for legit QB prospects (which you are doing here in this thread)

Just giving you a hard time as I still think your stance on spending just 20% of resources/time in OOS kids is pointless and leads to a higher bust rate

Advertisement
QB is the one position where even the most SoFla biased posters agree you need to recruit beyond SoFla to compete.

Bring me QBs from Texas, Arizona, California, and Georgia... and anywhere else where offenses play solid comp, ask QBs to read defenses some, and require decision-making under pressure.
Nah dawg they’ll bring up Lamar, Teddy, Geno just to name a few...

Advertisement
QB is the one position where even the most SoFla biased posters agree you need to recruit beyond SoFla to compete.

Bring me QBs from Texas, Arizona, California, and Georgia... and anywhere else where offenses play solid comp, ask QBs to read defenses some, and require decision-making under pressure.
A lot of the elite public schools in Miami have atrocious QB coaching..... one read and take off lol

Yes, dwrecked. Those are three elite college players who should have been Canes.

We should recruit nationally at QB. That includes South Florida.
I think we should recruit nationally and at least make appearances and be on a first name basis with every football factory school in Texas, Cali, and LA.

If whoever works those regions can’t name the HC at that school they should be fired

Advertisement
I assumed he would go to Oregon with his older brother Cale...

But holy shìt this kid's arm talent is impressive! Super accurate & makes high level NFL caliber throws all over the field.

He's like Derek Anderson from back in the Oregon St days, this kid gotta **** rifle for an arm.

Idk what our chances would be, but offer him anyway & see what happens.

But holy shìt this kid's arm talent is impressive! Super accurate & makes high level NFL caliber throws all over the field.

He's like Derek Anderson from back in the Oregon St days, this kid gotta **** rifle for an arm.

System matters El. Moorhead system has had a running QB. They have Ty Thompson committed. I predicted them to also land Ty Keyes. I had Mullen going to Oregon St.

@DMoney

send this tape to your contacts. This kid would be going to Oregon State right about now if today was signing day. I have no idea why this dudes recruitment is a whisper around the country. Kid can throw.

Advertisement

agreed. he's not quite as big or imposing as Van Dyke but has the very same QB DNA. Really like him as a prospect.

Advertisement
D... Nice size, good arm, fairly mobile for his size and looks poised. His throwing mechanics need improvement but that can come with coaching. Takes too many risks in decision making. Definite a D-1 talent. Awful far away to make much investment in recruiting. Perhaps check him out to gauge interest and move from there.

I think he is Joe Burrow like in his ability to extend plays and then put it in a spot only his guy can get to it. You call it gambling but I see it as a skill very few guys have. Keeping eyes downfield while avoiding pressure and knowing your wr will get to an open spot when things breakdown. And then delivering a bomb on a rope to him This kid will be a star in college. Mark it down!

Advertisement
Back