Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not feeling this strategy because what happens when Lashlee leaves for a new gig next year or year after?
that is the rub with the strategy. Will the next guy think he can take a lump of clay and mold it or will he want a more finished product. But living in the Now is what it Is.

that is the rub with the strategy. Will the next guy think he can take a lump of clay and mold it or will he want a more finished product. But living in the Now is what it Is.

Every coach thinks they can turn that clay into a gold statue. Once Lashlee leaves, in all likelihood it’ll be Likens or Justice as the successor so who they tap as the QB coach will be interesting.

Every coach thinks they can turn that clay into a gold statue. Once Lashlee leaves, in all likelihood it’ll be Likens or Justice as the successor so who they tap as the QB coach will be interesting.

Initially when Manny was hired, he said he wanted an attacking offense, something similar to the type of defensive philosophy he personally has had as a defensive coordinator.

Of course when he hired Enos, that went out the window, because that was not Enos’ style.

Lashlee is more in line with Manny‘s original vision, and assuming Manny continues as coach, and Lashlee leaves for greener pastures at some point in the future, I would assume that whoever the next offensive coordinator is, hired internally or externally, that an attacking/Lashlee type offensive philosophy would be a prerequisite.

In which case, Brown would still fit in. Just food for thought, assuming the same philosophy is kept, which I would hope it is.

Perfect project type to bring in behind Garcia. Give give him a couple years to develop.

Advertisement
First thing first big dawg..take them all caps off. Feel like u yelling through the **** screen. Watch ya manners and let’s proceed properly...

I agree with what u said playa . If you read my few post carefully you’d see that lol
ITS NOT SCREAMING AT ALL😂😂. I JUST DO IT BECAUSE ITS LIKE IM WRITING IN GRAFFITI. IT ALSO LOOKS NEATER TO ME. NO SCREAMING AT ALL😂😂

The Sitkowski comparisons are laughable. Gator troll level material. This kid has the HS goods. Needs to clean it up for high level college type production. But I was living in TX when Vince committed, and he had all the same issues. Vick's another one I remember who had weak mechanics. Athletes like these kids take a little longer to develop because they're asked to do so much more than pocket passing.

Some people play scared.

Wow, you must spend some time here. This is the thing that always amazes me. You’ve been on here since 2012 and you rarely post but you read a lot on here. You have to in order to name all of these things you just named. So when you come on here, and we post back and forth, it’s like we know each other.... like one of my board friends. I hope you check out Gator Tears sometimes as well.

That short armed thing was nasty. And I don’t know if you caught it but not long after he explained the hygiene thing, in the same thread or even post, he mentioned something about unless it’s on the downlow. Lol. That’s not a down low issue, that’s just disgusting. Sneaking her in and out the back door doesn’t cure the hygienics.
Yea I’m usually on here multiple times a day everyday, just usually late to threads or don’t have much to say. I wasn’t a cane fan til I got admitted in 09, so I tend to sit back and try to soak in as much as I can from the posters who’ve been following the program for a while.

Haha true, but I also love the image of it not being on the down low, his friends recognizing her short arms, and relentlessly ****ting on him for it

Why can’t we just recruit kids that don’t need any molding ...oh yea they’re HS kids..there aren’t any.

Advertisement
Why can’t we just recruit kids that don’t need any molding ...oh yea they’re HS kids..there aren’t any.
I’m honestly perplexed at the discussion because everyone knows the QB spot is the hardest to project. Even #1 in the nation type kids crash and burn all the time. And walk ons end up going first in the NFL draft.

Brown has impressive athleticism, a rocket arm, a quick release, and serious moves as a ball carrier. And he’s packaged extremely well to be durable. He’s Lashlee”s take and we all like it.

4 out of 5 of us, including Ethnic and myself, thought Sit was a lemon. 9 out of 10 of us or more think Brown’s got the right raw materials. So what’s are we debating again?

I’m honestly perplexed at the discussion because everyone knows the QB spot is the hardest to project. Even #1 in the nation type kids crash and burn all the time. And walk ons end up going first in the NFL draft.

Brown has impressive athleticism, a rocket arm, a quick release, and serious moves as a ball carrier. And he’s packaged extremely well to be durable. He’s Lashlee”s take and we all like it.

4 out of 5 of us, including Ethnic and myself, thought Sit was a lemon. 9 out of 10 of us or more think Brown’s got the right raw materials. So what’s are we debating again?
I said it yesterday “ a scout once said you can’t teach 98”...same way you can’t teach arm strength but you can certainly fix mechanics to help make a kid more accurate.

Yes, great comp. Identical recruiting profiles. Equally good prospects. The only thing that separates them is 10 years.
These two recruiting profiles are complete opposites. The only thing that is "identical" is that they're both high school quarterbacks. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING similar between the two.

Jacurri Brown___Dual Threat___High 4-star___Graded 5.8/.9328___#213/#167 National___#6/#5 Dual Threat

Gray Crow______Pro-Style______Low 3-star____Graded 5.6/.8654___#NR/#686 National___#27/#31 Pro-Style

A more similar comparison would be:

Kirby Freeman__Dual Threat___High 4-star___Graded 5.8/.9440____#NA/#110 National___#6/#6 Dual Threat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, and also:

Brown, who has already been named 1st team All-State in Georgia’s 7A classification TWICE, is a two year starter at a top program, after getting real reps as a freshman, is a huge winner, and a state champion who had about a 56% completion percentage his freshman and sophomore years and started for a powerhouse as an underclassman against very high level comp in GA's biggest class. If anyone did some research, they might have learned than he played a lot of his JR year injured, and his WR's were wack. The offense he plays in doesn't help much, either. There were quite a few articles today that expound on this if you're up for doing the research. Still, he had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio (14/7), and 30 total TD's and he ran for over 1100 yards. He's going to score over 100 TD's in HS at the highest level of classification in a top state.

In Sitkowski's sophomore year, at Old Bridge in NJ, against inferior comp, he had 6 total TD's. All year. Oh, and 9 INT's. And 215 total yards rushing. And under a 50% completion % against defenses that were 100% committed to stopping... the run. And didn't win crap. "Sitkowski hasn't had elite success at the high school level. He recorded just 1,190 yards and five touchdowns against 10 interceptions during his junior season at Old Bridge High School in New Jersey." Correct me if I'm wrong, but during his senior year at IMG... he got beat out.
You all are trying too hard to convince yourself there’s no comparison. There’s an obvious comparison.

They’re both prototype athletes, sit more the pro style prototype amd Brown a duel-threat ine. Both 6-4, 205+ heading into senior summer. Both need work at the qb spot. Brown pretty obviously needs work on mechanics. Doesnt step in to his throws. Sit you probably got different views on, I thought he looked stiff and mechanical. he took his drop properly and stepped in to throw. So 7-7 looked okay.

Key point is both were athletes learning the position who had to be projected forward. Nothing wrong with making this projection, it’s an eval and you got to get it right. I disliked the Sit eval and thought richt was missing it. L like Brown, in part because he looks like a star at other positions if he doesn’t make it as a qb. But the idea there’s no comparison, that’s silly. Sit was like the No.4 qb jn the country heading into our camp that summer.

You all are trying too hard to convince yourself there’s no comparison. There’s an obvious comparison.

They’re both prototype athletes, sit more the pro style prototype amd Brown a duel-threat ine. Both 6-4, 205+ heading into senior summer. Both need work at the qb spot. Brown pretty obviously needs work on mechanics. Doesnt step in to his throws. Sit you probably got different views on, I thought he looked stiff and mechanical. he took his drop properly and stepped in to throw. So 7-7 looked okay.

Key point is both were athletes learning the position who had to be projected forward. Nothing wrong with making this projection, it’s an eval and you got to get it right. I disliked the Sit eval and thought richt was missing it. L like Brown, in part because he looks like a star at other positions if he doesn’t make it as a qb. But the idea there’s no comparison, that’s silly. Sit was like the No.4 qb jn the country heading into our camp that summer.

I'm not trying to "do" anything, so save it for another poster that strategy might work on. You asked for facts and logic. I hit you over the head with them. But "you all are trying too hard to convince yourself there’s a valid comparison" lol. A duck is a duck. Putting them in the same conversion is laughable, period. bad take, buddy. Fall back. It's not a big deal. There are 10,000 better comps. One was massively productive, the other wasn't even middling statistically. One was a huge winner, the other was a loser. One was a TD machine, the other wasn't. One played against top flight comp, the other played against poor comp. One had two previous years of good completion %, the other didn't. One was injured the one year his % dropped, the other's low completion % was a career constant. One was a 2-time first team QB in a top football state, the other barely played his last year because he got benched for sucking.

Next you'll be bringing up Freeman or Crow. Geesh! Unless you think Brown is going to lose his QB1 spot his senior year, like Sit did, then I'd love to hear more. Personally, I'd bet he tears it up. Otherwise, this has become tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. You can believe what you like, the earth will still spin for both of us. I'm moving on. Have a killer Sunday, amigo.

Last edited:

But will it be:

Likens OC / Justice Co-OC
Justice OC / Likens Co-OC
Or some Co-OC setup, maybe with an offensive bob shoop as a tie breaker.

Advertisement
Back