Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

View as article
I did. Here are some more, bud:

Brown, who has already been named 1st team All-State in Georgia’s 7A classification TWICE, is a two year starter at a top program, after getting real reps as a freshman, is a huge winner, and a state champion who had about a 56% completion percentage his freshman and sophomore years and started for a powerhouse as an underclassman against very high level comp in GA's biggest class. If anyone did some research, they might have learned than he played a lot of his JR year injured, and his WR's were wack. The offense he plays in doesn't help much, either. There were quite a few articles today that expound on this if you're up for doing the research. Still, he had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio (14/7), and 30 total TD's and he ran for over 1100 yards. He's going to score over 100 TD's in HS at the highest level of classification in a top state.

In Sitkowski's sophomore year, at Old Bridge in NJ, against inferior comp, he had 6 total TD's. All year. Oh, and 9 INT's. And 215 total yards rushing. And under a 50% completion % against defenses that were 100% committed to stopping... the run. And didn't win crap. "Sitkowski hasn't had elite success at the high school level. He recorded just 1,190 yards and five touchdowns against 10 interceptions during his junior season at Old Bridge High School in New Jersey." Correct me if I'm wrong, but during his senior year at IMG... he got beat out.

So yeah, think about the moment after each of their junior years finished, what they each did, compare production, a winner vs a loser, the difference in comp, the recognition, etc, and any reasonable person who know what shape a football is would agree that Sitkowski's name shouldn't be anywhere near this thread. Even if Brown doesn't improve his senior year (unlikely, based on his work ethic, upside, and commitment to improving), compare his last season vs Sit getting benched at IMG. So, you know, maybe it was YOUR response that was "crazy' and maybe it was YOU that was "flat out wrong." Words matter.

Also, potato. Peace.
You’re changing your argument and trying to switch to you’re an evaluator, which isn’t the point or issue.

I was clear I didn’t like the Sit eval back when we took his commitment. And I’m on record as liking taking Brown’s commitment. But that’s neither here nor there. Because you and me ain’t debating evals and we ain’t the evaluators.

you wrote:

Let's all stop with the Sitkowski references here, please. Before he was done with HS Miami had dropped him and his best opportunity was Rutgers. He was a mistake by the staff and they realized it and course corrected. Once he was full evaluated he was perceived as a lower level prospect by all of CFB outside of E. Brunswick, NJ.

This comment makes no sense. We took Sit’s commitment after seeing him live in person, and we didn’t drop him until his senior year, which Brown hasn’t even had yet. So your argument that there’s no comparison doesn’t hold up. We’ll see. I’m not complaining - my view is clear here. But folks fall all over themselves to differentiate the two. The ‘difference’ is only two things. 1, evaluation, and 2, fall-back potential at a different position.

Advertisement
You’re changing your argument and trying to switch to you’re an evaluator, which isn’t the point or issue.

I was clear I didn’t like the Sit eval back when we took his commitment. And I’m on record as liking taking Brown’s commitment. But that’s neither here nor there. Because you and me ain’t debating evals and we ain’t the evaluators.

you wrote:

This comment makes no sense. We took Sit’s commitment after seeing him live in person, and we didn’t drop him until his senior year, which Brown hasn’t even had yet. So your argument that there’s no comparison doesn’t hold up. We’ll see. I’m not complaining - my view is clear here. But folks fall all over themselves to differentiate the two. The ‘difference’ is only two things. 1, evaluation, and 2, fall-back potential at a different position.

Yeah, and also:

Brown, who has already been named 1st team All-State in Georgia’s 7A classification TWICE, is a two year starter at a top program, after getting real reps as a freshman, is a huge winner, and a state champion who had about a 56% completion percentage his freshman and sophomore years and started for a powerhouse as an underclassman against very high level comp in GA's biggest class. If anyone did some research, they might have learned than he played a lot of his JR year injured, and his WR's were wack. The offense he plays in doesn't help much, either. There were quite a few articles today that expound on this if you're up for doing the research. Still, he had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio (14/7), and 30 total TD's and he ran for over 1100 yards. He's going to score over 100 TD's in HS at the highest level of classification in a top state.

In Sitkowski's sophomore year, at Old Bridge in NJ, against inferior comp, he had 6 total TD's. All year. Oh, and 9 INT's. And 215 total yards rushing. And under a 50% completion % against defenses that were 100% committed to stopping... the run. And didn't win crap. "Sitkowski hasn't had elite success at the high school level. He recorded just 1,190 yards and five touchdowns against 10 interceptions during his junior season at Old Bridge High School in New Jersey." Correct me if I'm wrong, but during his senior year at IMG... he got beat out.

Don’t try cam like that bruh. Cam a different level of freak. Not even close..a name I see for this kid coming out is Marcus mariota but more physical tools. Can fill out to probably 220-225. Definitely bigger at the same stage.. but Straight line speed very similar. Ability to house 60 yard runs at the HS level. Same verified speed. Raw from a mechanical passing standpoint but can make every throw
I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to grow an inch or two and add 30 lbs. Yea Cam is definitely on a different level but at the same point in their careers they are similar. This isn’t saying he’s MVP level Cam day 1 at Miami. I really think Lashlee sees him in that mold.

The idea that it’s a defense of a prospect that he has not had a private QB coach sounds logically odd. You know how many kids fit that bucket? We take one QB a year. Maybe you’re giving a reason why we shouldn’t have talen Sit’s commitment. You aren’t giving a reaskn why this kid will be better.

Personally, I didn’t like what my eyes saw with Sit. But Richt was supposed to know QBs and we saw more of Sit before taking his commitment than we have of Brown.

I’m on record liking taking Brown’s commktment (because athlete) and I didn’t like Sit’s, just pointing out that a lot of the defense of Brown or effort to spin it as different is just that. We’ll see how his senior year goes. We just need to hope that Lashlee is a better QB evaluator than Richt was.
It’s not logically odd Imo because a lot that goes into the evaluation of these QBs are camp circuit settings (from the national outlets standpoint). Annually all these top kids are known commodities early. Most befor their soph years in HS. some haven’t even started a Prep game but have buzz around they names because how they performed at a camp or 7/7 event. And those camp environments are very controlled and drill oriented. So a kid like Sit, for example, who from accounts was a good looking QB on the came circuit early in his prep career could excell in that environment. Having private Coaching certainly helps in in that regard. But as more game tape got out on him his Sr year his ranking took a major hit and we cooled.

now a kid who clearly has the athleticism, natural whip of a arm but that has never really high level worked QB drills or been trained with proper footwork mechanics etc could struggle in a camp environment. That was the word on Brown. **** I remember Teddy bridgewater had rough camps and some folks questioned him as well

There’s not a issue with taken a Early commitment but if the kid doesn’t prove to get better and actually regresses there’s nothing wrong with shuffling him out as well. Even at QB. We just saw that play out with Collins last cycle.

the reason I say it’s not a fair comp between Sit and brown at this point is because we have to let his development at the HS level play out. From accounts he’s been improving and rounding out his Mechanics. Now let’s see if he has a strong SR szn. Upside is there. His leadership at HS seems to be there as well. But if he regresses your concerns are valid

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to grow an inch or two and add 30 lbs. Yea Cam is definitely on a different level but at the same point in their careers they are similar. This isn’t saying he’s MVP level Cam day 1 at Miami. I really think Lashlee sees him in that mold.
I just don’t see them as the same type of prospects at all at this stage . Cam is 6’6 245-255 easy. Was probably 6’5/6’6 around 230-240 out of HS..maybe you don’t realize how big cam actually iis...different type of athletes. Brown is 6”4 205..if this kid turns into cam physically then he visited one of those shady Sports medicine offices in Miami

Advertisement
His line about avoiding big women with short arms cracks me up every time and is too funny to come from anything but first hand experience. He is also now forever in my mind the small dude piggybacking that mammoth
Wow, you must spend some time here. This is the thing that always amazes me. You’ve been on here since 2012 and you rarely post but you read a lot on here. You have to in order to name all of these things you just named. So when you come on here, and we post back and forth, it’s like we know each other.... like one of my board friends. I hope you check out Gator Tears sometimes as well.

That short armed thing was nasty. And I don’t know if you caught it but not long after he explained the hygiene thing, in the same thread or even post, he mentioned something about unless it’s on the downlow. Lol. That’s not a down low issue, that’s just disgusting. Sneaking her in and out the back door doesn’t cure the hygienics.

Advertisement
Anyone got the Intel from this article?
Screenshot_20210327-011938_Twitter.jpg

Well his stats suck. Hopefully he just gets to work and we have someone who is good at refining his technique and getting every bit of accuracy he's got in him out...

Advertisement
Impressive write up by this young fella. Seems to be intelligent and very well spoken with a good head on his shoulders. Look forward to seeing what he can do when he gets on campus next year.
What do you mean by "very well spoken" ?

Advertisement
It’s not logically odd Imo because a lot that goes into the evaluation of these QBs are camp circuit settings (from the national outlets standpoint). Annually all these top kids are known commodities early. Most befor their soph years in HS. some haven’t even started a Prep game but have buzz around they names because how they performed at a camp or 7/7 event. And those camp environments are very controlled and drill oriented. So a kid like Sit, for example, who from accounts was a good looking QB on the came circuit early in his prep career could excell in that environment. Having private Coaching certainly helps in in that regard. But as more game tape got out on him his Sr year his ranking took a major hit and we cooled.

now a kid who clearly has the athleticism, natural whip of a arm but that has never really high level worked QB drills or been trained with proper footwork mechanics etc could struggle in a camp environment. That was the word on Brown. **** I remember Teddy bridgewater had rough camps and some folks questioned him as well

There’s not a issue with taken a Early commitment but if the kid doesn’t prove to get better and actually regresses there’s nothing wrong with shuffling him out as well. Even at QB. We just saw that play out with Collins last cycle.

the reason I say it’s not a fair comp between Sit and brown at this point is because we have to let his development at the HS level play out. From accounts he’s been improving and rounding out his Mechanics. Now let’s see if he has a strong SR szn. Upside is there. His leadership at HS seems to be there as well. But if he regresses your concerns are valid
WOW HOMIE. YOU REALLY SEE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE 2? YOU MUST MEAN PHYSICALLY. WASNT SIT LIKE 6’4-6’5? OTHER THAN THAT ITS OVER. EVEN WITH A JUNIOR YEAR THAT SOME OF U GUYS QUESTION. SIT DIDNT PRODUCE THE WINS OR PLAYS. JB ALSO WON A SHIP AND IS A 2 TIME 1ST TEAM ALLSTATE REPRESENTATIVE. HOW IS ONE COMPARABLE TO THE OTHER? DID SIT DEMONSTRATE THE SAME LEADERSHIP QUALITIES? I ALSO THINK THAT BROWNS CHARACTER AND OFF THE FIELD INTANGIBLES. THAT EVERYONE RAVES ABOUT. SEEMS TO ALSO PUT HIM A NOTCH ABOVE. FROM THE LAST FEW FILMS WE SAW OF SIT BEFORE WE DROPPED HIM. HE LOOKED BAD. I JUST DONT SEE IT WITH JB SORRY.

WOW HOMIE. YOU REALLY SEE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE 2? YOU MUST MEAN PHYSICALLY. WASNT SIT LIKE 6’4-6’5? OTHER THAN THAT ITS OVER. EVEN WITH A JUNIOR YEAR THAT SOME OF U GUYS QUESTION. SIT DIDNT PRODUCE THE WINS OR PLAYS. JB ALSO WON A SHIP AND IS A 2 TIME 1ST TEAM ALLSTATE REPRESENTATIVE. HOW IS ONE COMPARABLE TO THE OTHER? DID SIT DEMONSTRATE THE SAME LEADERSHIP QUALITIES? I ALSO THINK THAT BROWNS CHARACTER AND OFF THE FIELD INTANGIBLES. THAT EVERYONE RAVES ABOUT. SEEMS TO ALSO PUT HIM A NOTCH ABOVE. FROM THE LAST FEW FILMS WE SAW OF SIT BEFORE WE DROPPED HIM. HE LOOKED BAD. I JUST DONT SEE IT WITH JB SORRY.
First thing first big dawg..take them all caps off. Feel like u yelling through the **** screen. Watch ya manners and let’s proceed properly...

I agree with what u said playa . If you read my few post carefully you’d see that lol

I know this is a crazy concept but maybe we have an OC who believes that, if given a quarterback with the necessary physical tools and emotional/mental make-up, he can develop him into a successful college quarterback. I'm not saying Lashlee is correct as only time will tell but I can see why this is enticing to Lashlee. And yes Lashlee probably looks at a guy like Lamar Jackson and thinks about developing someone with that physical and mental skill set.

I like the pick-up because having Brown and Garcia in the same room gives us completely different quarterbacks to work with.
One is polished, knows the position as well as anyone, has been coached to the hilt his entire life, but is limited athletically.
The other is more raw as a quarterback, likely hasn't had a private coach since he was 11, but has lots of physical tools.

What they have in common is that both seem to be mentally strong which is the most important criteria at the position and without which none of the rest even matters.
Not feeling this strategy because what happens when Lashlee leaves for a new gig next year or year after?

Advertisement
Back