Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

View as article
Gonna get negged to oblivion for posting a healthy girl on here.

This board only likes them 300+
I don’t post often, but I’ve been around long enough to see the whales Paranos and crew continuously expose us to.

Was it @RVACane with the Paranos pleaser post maybe a year or so ago? That one and the *** cruise ad guy killed me

Advertisement
I don’t post often, but I’ve been around long enough to see the whales Paranos and crew continuously expose us to.

Was it @RVACane with the Paranos pleaser post maybe a year or so ago? That one and the *** cruise ad guy killed me
Paranos Tears?

Good stuff. Someone convince me I don’t need to worry about his mediocre stats.

It's a big red flag to me, but I've kind of warmed up to the idea that we don't need his services until well down the road. He has time to develop and I think it'll be a long time before he gets the chance to start.

Raw skills, with his feet, he's got a world of potential. I'm not suggesting a position switch, but if things don't work out at QB, he's got the raw talent to play TE or be one big *** receiver. You give him every opportunity to see what he can do as QB and don't cross that bridge until that time comes, should it ever.

Congrats kid. Work on that game and the sky is the limit. Don't rush it, be patient, and we'll all see what happens.

I forgot to add, he's going to be one **** of a scout team QB for when we face dual threat QB's. If they can tackle this kid, our opponent shouldn't be a problem.

More thoughts, but that Jimbo A&M offer means something as well here to me. Jimbo, say what you will, but he's got a very good eye for the position. His QB's get better and while this kid is bigger than Kellen Mond, they essentially have similar issues coming out of high school. Mond didn't have the luxury of waiting to see the field, he had to improve it in it. Big time improvement through the years, maybe Brown can as well.

Last edited:
It's a big red flag to me, but I've kind of warmed up to the idea that we don't need his services until well down the road. He has time to develop and I think it'll be a long time before he gets the chance to start.

Raw skills, with his feet, he's got a world of potential. I'm not suggesting a position switch, but if things don't work out at QB, he's got the raw talent to play TE or be one big *** receiver. You give him every opportunity to see what he can do as QB and don't cross that bridge until that time comes, should it ever.

Congrats kid. Work on that game and the sky is the limit. Don't rush it, be patient, and we'll all see what happens.

I forgot to add, he's going to be one **** of a scout team QB for when we face dual threat QB's. If they can tackle this kid, our opponent shouldn't be a problem.

More thoughts, but that Jimbo A&M offer means something as well here to me. Jimbo, say what you will, but he's got a very good eye for the position. His QB's get better and while this kid is bigger than Kellen Mond, they essentially have similar issues coming out of high school. Mond didn't have the luxury of waiting to see the field, he had to improve it in it. Big time improvement through the years, maybe Brown can as well.

The Jimbo offer does actually mean something.

God knows he can’t pick a wife, but he can spot QB talent.

He got the second highest accuracy score at the Atlanta Elite 11. I think his inaccuracy is when improvising on the move. That can be fixed.

Advertisement
Paranos Tears?
Haha that’s the one. So good

The Sitkowski comparisons are laughable. Gator troll level material. This kid has the HS goods. Needs to clean it up for high level college type production. But I was living in TX when Vince committed, and he had all the same issues. Vick's another one I remember who had weak mechanics. Athletes like these kids take a little longer to develop because they're asked to do so much more than pocket passing.
This kid hasn’t had a Private QB coach that most these top kids have had since they hit puberty. He’s rough around the edges from a technical standpoint. All can be smoothed out. No kid should be a finished product in HS. This kid clear still has room to get much much better

Advertisement
It's been pretty obvious he is a high character kid, just from the brief interviews he has given. Manny Navarro just put up a longer article. It's pretty easy to see why Rhett Lashlee and Manny wanted Jacurri, and not just for his athletic talents. It's pretty easy to see how that QB room has done a 180 in terms of character, work ethic and personality:

From The Athletic article:

Brown’s father didn’t play football, but is a military man, a mechanic with the Air Force who lives in Delaware. Brown was raised by his mother in Valdosta along with his brothers.

“She works at a factory that makes bathtubs,” Brown said. “My mom, when she works at the factory, she has to go to work early in the morning. For me to be situated and get to where I gotta go and stuff like that is why I stay with Tate. I still like to see my Mom, but it’s a better situation for me to be there.”

To make some extra money, Brown mows lawns on his free time. It helps put gas into his 2002 Toyota Camry.

“Little slider. It’s black with some tens on it,” he said. “We’ll (mow) like a Waffle House or like a Piggly Wiggly place or something like that, like a Walmart. For like a day I’ll probably make like $90. I’ll work like three times a week. All I’ve got to pay is my gas, my car and my phone bill.”
Kid is going to be successful in life regardless of football.

I seem him as the same ilk as Cam Newton. I’m sure he probably envisions an offense similar to the one they had at Auburn.
Don’t try cam like that bruh. Cam a different level of freak. Not even close..a name I see for this kid coming out is Marcus mariota but more physical tools. Can fill out to probably 220-225. Definitely bigger at the same stage.. but Straight line speed very similar. Ability to house 60 yard runs at the HS level. Same verified speed. Raw from a mechanical passing standpoint but can make every throw

I’m all for taking a chance in this kid because of his athletic upside. But I don’t understand tie arguments around him. If you’re recruiting a QB, it matters a lot if he can play QB. Lotta folks here almost claiming just grab anyone, blah ...what? It’s not a mark of anything good that he's undeveloped. It’s hope, but not justification. There are lots of kids with his athletic profile each year. Take all of them at QB? How do we decide?

I love the take because it seems low risk - kid could be a first round pick as a WR. So I don’t think it matters that much how he ends up as a QB. But no one can stand here with what we know today and make some strong case for his QB development expectation. At least with Sit, it was pre covid and we saw him live in some camp. (For the record, I didn’t like Sit as a prospect.)

LMAO.

Look, I was not up on sotkowski, but
your response is crazy. This time that year sit hasn’t even committed, let alone been dropped. I like Brown as a prospect more than Sit - but the idea there’s no comparison. you’re just flat out wrong. Brown hasn’t been fully evaluated. that is ridiculous. the staff had a lot more data on sit before he committed than they do now on brown.

Sure, bud. Sure.

Advertisement
He got the second highest accuracy score at the Atlanta Elite 11. I think his inaccuracy is when improvising on the move. That can be fixed.
Nah he was erratic at times to. It’s a mechanical issue mostly do to inexperience working on those details. But those are all things that can be worked out. If he had that private qb coach training and it still was issued then I’d be concerned

Advertisement
LMAO.

Look, I was not up on sotkowski, but
your response is crazy. This time that year sit hasn’t even committed, let alone been dropped. I like Brown as a prospect more than Sit - but the idea there’s no comparison. you’re just flat out wrong. Brown hasn’t been fully evaluated. that is ridiculous. the staff had a lot more data on sit before he committed than they do now on brown.
I’d say there’s no comparison due to 1 factor. Sit actually had A private QB coach and all that. This kid, from all accounts, hasn’t. And you can tell he’s just a athlete with a Whip. Sit was technically way more sound at the same stage. And as I remember also we cooled on sit during his sr szn when he seemingly digressed

I’d say there’s no comparison due to 1 factor. Sit actually had A private QB coach and all that. This kid, from all accounts, hasn’t. And you can tell he’s just a athlete with a Whip. Sit was technically way more sound at the same stage. And as I remember also we cooled on sit during his sr szn when he seemingly digressed
The idea that it’s a defense of a prospect that he has not had a private QB coach sounds logically odd. You know how many kids fit that bucket? We take one QB a year. Maybe you’re giving a reason why we shouldn’t have talen Sit’s commitment. You aren’t giving a reaskn why this kid will be better.

Personally, I didn’t like what my eyes saw with Sit. But Richt was supposed to know QBs and we saw more of Sit before taking his commitment than we have of Brown.

I’m on record liking taking Brown’s commktment (because athlete) and I didn’t like Sit’s, just pointing out that a lot of the defense of Brown or effort to spin it as different is just that. We’ll see how his senior year goes. We just need to hope that Lashlee is a better QB evaluator than Richt was.

Feel free to respond with facts and logic.

I did. Here are some more, bud:

Brown, who has already been named 1st team All-State in Georgia’s 7A classification TWICE, is a two year starter at a top program, after getting real reps as a freshman, is a huge winner, and a state champion who had about a 56% completion percentage his freshman and sophomore years and started for a powerhouse as an underclassman against very high level comp in GA's biggest class. If anyone did some research, they might have learned than he played a lot of his JR year injured, and his WR's were wack. The offense he plays in doesn't help much, either. There were quite a few articles today that expound on this if you're up for doing the research. Still, he had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio (14/7), and 30 total TD's and he ran for over 1100 yards. He's going to score over 100 TD's in HS at the highest level of classification in a top state.

In Sitkowski's sophomore year, at Old Bridge in NJ, against inferior comp, he had 6 total TD's. All year. Oh, and 9 INT's. And 215 total yards rushing. And under a 50% completion % against defenses that were 100% committed to stopping... the run. And didn't win crap. "Sitkowski hasn't had elite success at the high school level. He recorded just 1,190 yards and five touchdowns against 10 interceptions during his junior season at Old Bridge High School in New Jersey." Correct me if I'm wrong, but during his senior year at IMG... he got beat out.

So yeah, think about the moment after each of their junior years finished, what they each did, compare production, a winner vs a loser, the difference in comp, the recognition, etc, and any reasonable person who know what shape a football is would agree that Sitkowski's name shouldn't be anywhere near this thread. Even if Brown doesn't improve his senior year (unlikely, based on his work ethic, upside, and commitment to improving), compare his last season vs Sit getting benched at IMG. So, you know, maybe it was YOUR response that was "crazy' and maybe it was YOU that was "flat out wrong." Words matter.

Also, potato. Peace.

He just went too far. He posted one of those fluffy things in Gator Tears and it crossed the line of decency.
His line about avoiding big women with short arms cracks me up every time and is too funny to come from anything but first hand experience. He is also now forever in my mind the small dude piggybacking that mammoth

Advertisement
Back