Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

View as article
Don't worry about it.
xoxox
Gray Crow

Yes, great comp. Identical recruiting profiles. Equally good prospects. The only thing that separates them is 10 years.

1616767521236.png

1616767454304.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bam! Smart, Big, athletic and Cannon arm. He's coming in to improve on his QB skills and has choose The U to do it! Can't be concerned about this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He told Inside the U "The quarterback room gives me a legitimate opportunity to compete early in my career"

LOL shots fired?

No.

He didn't say "start". He said "compete".

Assuming King comes back strong and starts all season, then Brown will only have 2 other young guys to compete with in 2022, neither with much starting experience.

No incumbent. No returning Heisman hopeful. No "Manny only plays the seniors, not the freshmen".

So, yeah, he'll have the chance to compete early.

Gray Crow didn’t run for 1,000+ yards and go 24-3 as a starter in big boy football. Same reason the Allison and Sitkowski comps fall flat.

Obviously, Jacurri’s future as a QB will depend on his progression as a passer. He is not a college-level passer at the moment so it’s an upside play.

But he’s huge, runs like Marcus Mariota, has a cannon, is a beloved teammate and a playmaker. He has made huge plays in big games against good teams.

This is the type of kid you take a chance on with two polished passers already in the fold.

Yup. He has all the tools, this year will be big for him. I am a huge proponent of accurate QB's but Character is first and foremost when it comes to QB's, this kid seems to have that. He has the arm talent, and he does place some dimes in his highlights but he does need to learn to be more of an accurate passer.

However, looking at his stats, he completed around 56ish percent in his soph and fresh year as a starter, last year he was below 50% which we all know is bad but his average completion was over 17 yards. Granted I have not followed this kid for years, more so when he started being linked to the Canes but that is absurd yardage. Highest in the NFL the last 5 years is like 12 yards. It seems to make sense that if you have shorter throws, you will have a higher % as oppose to constantly taking deep shots.

Love the take. You have to have at least one dual threat option on the roster. Especially with the offense we run. He wins games and balled live for Diaz. You take him all day.

Advertisement
Congrats to the young man and to the staff for landing another blue chip at the most important position. The QB position should produce a signee every year as too many don’t make it for many reasons...

The 2022 season should be fun seeing TVD, Garcia and Brown compete for the starting job and backup role.

1st player in college football history to use Product Placement in his college announcement. The NIL is already working in UM'S favor. "I LIKE MY LIL BITES" the young brother is already hustling an he hasn't even signed with UM.

Little Bites are an entenmanns product
Chocolate-Chip-pouch-with-muffins.png

Bimbo Bakeries owns Entenmanns who own's the Little Bites brand. An guess where they have a DC/regional office, hmmm Valdosta, GA.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Gray Crow didn’t run for 1,000+ yards and go 24-3 as a starter in big boy football. Same reason the Allison and Sitkowski comps fall flat.

Obviously, Jacurri’s future as a QB will depend on his progression as a passer. He is not a college-level passer at the moment so it’s an upside play.

But he’s huge, runs like Marcus Mariota, has a cannon, is a beloved teammate and a playmaker. He has made huge plays in big games against good teams.

This is the type of kid you take a chance on with two polished passers already in the fold.
That is a big kid with some juice running read option at the 7A level for a terrific football program. #4 is a big wide out, too. Wonder if he gets more interests than just UMass and South Alabama.

Advertisement
Back