Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Gray Crow didn’t run for 1,000+ yards and go 24-3 as a starter in big boy football. Same reason the Allison and Sitkowski comps fall flat.

Obviously, Jacurri’s future as a QB will depend on his progression as a passer. He is not a college-level passer at the moment so it’s an upside play.

But he’s huge, runs like Marcus Mariota, has a cannon, is a beloved teammate and a playmaker. He has made huge plays in big games against good teams.

This is the type of kid you take a chance on with two polished passers already in the fold.in yoyur

Gray Crow didn’t run for 1,000+ yards and go 24-3 as a starter in big boy football. Same reason the Allison and Sitkowski comps fall flat.

Obviously, Jacurri’s future as a QB will depend on his progression as a passer. He is not a college-level passer at the moment so it’s an upside play.

But he’s huge, runs like Marcus Mariota, has a cannon, is a beloved teammate and a playmaker. He has made huge plays in big games against good teams.

This is the type of kid you take a chance on with two polished passers already in the fold.
in your opinion , who's a good comparison ?

Love this take, I like a little variety in the QB room. Put him to work with Lashlee for a season or 2 and see what you’ve got. If he puts it together, watch out.

Welcome to the U Jacurri.

Advertisement
He's gotta get #12. Tradition.

1616772044441.png

Like the baseball scout said “ you can’t teach 98”...you can’t teach this type of arm strength. Lashlee will have a couple years to fix his mechanics to help him get more accurate.

we’ve gone from having sHT at QB for so long to having a QB room full of studs....now go fill up the CB and LBer rooms to match.

Advertisement

This is the type of kid you take a chance on with two polished passers already in the fold.
I half agree but see it a bit differently.

He has much higher upside than Crow or Allison, obviously.

However, what attracts me is his _downside_ is much higher, too. Not because he can't fail as a QB, but because, if he does, he still projects as a top athlete at several other positions.

Sitkowski supposedly had a higher upside than Crow and Allison, too ... but his downside was high because he wasn't going to play another position.

JB could be a first round pick at WR, TE or a couple positions on D. This kid is an elite athlete and leader. I'd take him without worrying about position. Let him compete at QB and if he wants to switch positions let him pick where he wants to play. I'd take 12 of this kid in a class and be happy.

Good stuff. Someone convince me I don’t need to worry about his mediocre stats.
I've written about this a few times already. He plays for a spread option power-run offense. His WRs stink and cost him a lot of completions, yards and TDs. His coach designs a lot of 1-route pass concepts that lead to throwaways or incompletions. His accuracy issues are way overstated. He hasn't been asked to read coverage or execute progressions so that would be the area of concern. However it's something he can get away with because his running ability creates easy throwing windows and he has the arm talent to make all the throws.

Big QBs who can run and throw vertical outside the #s can get away with a lot of stuff that other QBs can't. Bet on the traits and character in the right scheme.

Advertisement
1st player in college football history to use Product Placement in his college announcement. The NIL is already working in UM'S favor. "I LIKE MY LIL BITES" the young brother is already hustling an he hasn't even signed with UM.

Little Bites are an entenmanns product
Chocolate-Chip-pouch-with-muffins.png

Go Canes

N. I. Mothervckin' L.

I saw his commitment on CBS Sports.
The kid mentioned dominating the ACC, hopefully winning a Ship and personally winning a Heisman as his personal goal.
Also wants to bring back swag to the program and feels he has the leadership skills too.

When was the last time we had a QB like that commit to us??

I am already a big fan. Hopefully he works hard and proves to everyone how good he is on and off the field.

Advertisement
I've written about this a few times already. He plays for a spread option power-run offense. His WRs stink and cost him a lot of completions, yards and TDs. His coach designs a lot of 1-route pass concepts that lead to throwaways or incompletions. His accuracy issues are way overstated. He hasn't been asked to read coverage or execute progressions so that would be the area of concern. However it's something he can get away with because his running ability creates easy throwing windows and he has the arm talent to make all the throws.

Big QBs who can run and throw vertical outside the #s can get away with a lot of stuff that other QBs can't. Bet on the traits and character in the right scheme.
People putting faith into high school statistics without actually watching the games. He’s clearly not polished but it’s not like he’s throwing slants in the dirt or overthrowing screen passes into the sideline. You can probably find 20 guys at local high schools completing over 60% that aren't ever going to play college football. The system makes a big difference.

On a serious note, hardly anyone in Texas thought King was ever going to be much of a passer, either. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss on kids like this. As long as all the eggs aren't in this basket, looks like a good kid to take a chance on. He seems to have the right attitude and approach moving forward and obviously the physical tools are there.
I agree. This young man is coming in with a chip on his shoulder. He's heard all the noise about his passing percentage. He feels he has something to prove and Miami fans should be excited about that.

People putting faith into high school statistics without actually watching the games. He’s clearly not polished but it’s not like he’s throwing slants in the dirt or overthrowing screen passes into the sideline. You can probably find 20 guys at local high schools completing over 60% that aren't ever going to play college football. The system makes a big difference.
Exactly. It’s about projection. He has the tools physically for sure..as long as it’s not jack Allison Numbers

Advertisement
Back