Class Impact: Deshawn Troutman to Miami

Anyone down on the Pinckney comparison needs to get their head checked. Kid was a 4 year starter who likely would have been drafted in the middle rounds had he not been made of glass.
Especially Pick FR and SO years. Was a beast.

Advertisement
Well it looks like 2021 LB Jaydon Hood didn't feel UM'S staff is stable and will be in Coral Gables longterm per his Michigan commitment article. So if Miami has a very good season, this could interesting with keeping Troutman vs a late flip attempt with Hood.

Go Canes
You commit to a school, not a coach. Coaches are mercenaries.

Well it looks like 2021 LB Jaydon Hood didn't feel UM'S staff is stable and will be in Coral Gables longterm per his Michigan commitment article. So if Miami has a very good season, this could interesting with keeping Troutman vs a late flip attempt with Hood.

Go Canes

In that scenario I keep the guy that committed to us from the beginning unless we can take both.
Dont like the idea of turning a committed guy away for a late flip.

You commit to a school, not a coach. Coaches are mercenaries.

I agree...but these kids don't look at it that way.

Over the years I've had quite a few kids go to schools that were a totally wrong fit for them scheme wise just because they liked a certain coach. And for some of them it changed the trajectory of their career.

I had a defensive kid turn down TCU because he wasn't that fond of Patterson, only to commit to Oregon State (then Nebraska) because he liked Mike Riley. SMH

I tell my kids not to worry about whether your coach is cool or not. He's not supposed to be your friend. And besides, they're ALL gonna be likable when you first meet them. They're tying to woo you.

Kids don't go to Bama because Saban has an infectious personality.
They didn't sign with Butch Davis because he was super fiendly.
Meanwhile, Mr Nice Guy Larry Coker was a sweetheart. How'd that turnout?

Fvckin' kids man. SMH

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone translate for the non Tweeters? Ima little rusty
Just been jawing between Florida and Miami commits all day since they are salty about our class. Florida commit says Troutman can’t stop him (not sure why he would care if he can beat a linebacker on a route but anyways) , to which troutman responds he will put the Florida commit onto a stretcher

Advertisement
Advertisement
88F2C6B3-D7AB-45ED-84B9-3CD20B640415.png

Advertisement
Back