Class Impact: Deshawn Troutman to Miami

Do we know his speed? He seems fast enough but not a blazer. On the highlights, he looks faster than Flagg and Pinckney, slower than Perryman. He does have good lateral and downhill burst.
He does not look slower than Perryman 😂😂😂, like how do you even watch the tape and come to that conclusion. Just so you know in no way am I'm saying he will be as good as perryman or better....I'm just saying he does not look slower.

Advertisement
Well it looks like 2021 LB Jaydon Hood didn't feel UM'S staff is stable and will be in Coral Gables longterm per his Michigan commitment article. So if Miami has a very good season, this could interesting with keeping Troutman vs a late flip attempt with Hood.

Go Canes
Our luck harbaugh will be gone before manny.

I understand where you are coming from and I think Troutman will have every opportunity to be better than Pinckney. Troutman certainly has the ability.

I'm certainly no @Liberty City El when it comes to evaluating prospects lol but I love this kind of thing so I will offer my opinion. If you go back and look at Pinckney's high school film what you will notice is a player with decent physical ability and speed who stood out because of his phenomenal instincts, football IQ and desire. I see the same qualities in Troutman but with much better physical skills. Troutman shows much better speed and overall athleticism with a nasty closing burst. Troutman possesses all of the qualities of an ideal Mike LB in this age of college football. Troutman has sideline to sideline range and shows the type of athleticism and awareness to be an asset in coverage. He shows a marked ability to diagnose plays quickly and uses his excellent speed to close on his target in a hurry. Troutman is a hard hitter who arrives quickly with violent intentions where Pinckney was more of a technician in terms of his tackling. Another thing that I saw was enormous potential as a Blitzer in our scheme. Put Troutman's exceptional speed together with his instincts, explosivness, the ability to diagnose and filthy closing burst and you have a kid who could be a devastating weapon as a Blitzer.

I did see the tendency to go for the knockout highlight reel type hit as another poster had mentioned but that is relatively easy to correct. To be fair, Troutman has the ability to make those type of hits consistently as he is not a sloppy tackler by any means. It is also worth noting that when Troutman arrives at the ball carrier, the ball carrier goes down as he is sure tackler for the most part. Troutman also shows a keen understanding of pursuit angles and has the rare ability to close quickly and strike a moving target in space with accuracy and authority. The key for Troutman will be increasing his core strength without sacrificing his speed and agility. Getting into Feeley's S&C program should produce tremendous results. I love this pickup!
Great write up i agree, he’s very underrated at this point but i like him to get his 4th star with his senior season. Do we know if he plans on being an EE or not?

When players haven't seen the field in two years, typically they are more likely headed to the portal as opposed to providing depth.
Are you in the right thread? What is the context of your statement? We have guys that haven't played due to injury and some others that redshirted as freshman.

For the most part, freshman will redshirt or play special teams. Unless a player is extraordinary, you want to build a mature squad with players starting in their junior or rsh-junior year.

I like this kid's potential more than I did Pinckney (that's no knock against Pinckney). He has good read/react skills and has excellent short-area quickness. He has decent size. Good speed. He can be an every-down LB. Good fit for our defensive system. He needs to improve at stacking/shedding blockers. That's where he'll need to redshirt and put on some more size and strength to take on 320lb guards in the hole.

He should excel against the spread offenses we face. As a run defender, his success will depend on the two DTs we have in front of him. If they eat up the OGs and Center and allow him to roam free he'll produce double-digit tackles per game.

Advertisement
Well it looks like 2021 LB Jaydon Hood didn't feel UM'S staff is stable and will be in Coral Gables longterm per his Michigan commitment article. So if Miami has a very good season, this could interesting with keeping Troutman vs a late flip attempt with Hood.

Go Canes

Funny because Harbaugh is on the hotseat

Are you in the right thread? What is the context of your statement? We have guys that haven't played due to injury and some others that redshirted as freshman.

For the most part, freshman will redshirt or play special teams. Unless a player is extraordinary, you want to build a mature squad with players starting in their junior or rsh-junior year.
I'm absolutely in the right thread. It doesn't matter about injury ... in today's college football you get on the field within two years regardless ... or you're going Portal.

The Coaches want the players to stay. However, coaches can't stand still while the players recover or get better. Coaches are constantly, looking to replace the just signed 4 & 5 Stars.

I'm simply speaking to the reality of the situation, as opposed to the "Blinded By The Light" fanaticism.

Advertisement
I'm absolutely in the right thread. It doesn't matter about injury ... in today's college football you get on the field within two years regardless ... or you're going Portal.

The Coaches want the players to stay. However, coaches can't stand still while the players recover or get better. Coaches are constantly, looking to replace the just signed 4 & 5 Stars.

I'm simply speaking to the reality of the situation, as opposed to the "Blinded By The Light" fanaticism.
OK, I get it. It's the current trend in college football. I think 4 LBs play this year and the freshman will play on special teams or redshirt.

Advertisement
Trout man looks the part for sure. Great catch for us after losing out on other prospects. Great we landed him this early but if he does get his 4th *, will he hold?

Trout man looks the part for sure. Great catch for us after losing out on other prospects. Great we landed him this early but if he does get his 4th *, will he hold?
There is no way that any top team looks at his tape and doesn’t kick the tires. Been watching his tape over and over and I’m trying to find a reason why he shouldn’t be one of the top linebackers in this class. Not trying to be a homer at all. But **** I’m with you. I really hope he wants to be a cane.

Advertisement
There is no way that any top team looks at his tape and doesn’t kick the tires. Been watching his tape over and over and I’m trying to find a reason why he shouldn’t be one of the top linebackers in this class. Not trying to be a homer at all. But **** I’m with you. I really hope he wants to be a cane.
Agreed mate. I love his film and speed. Looks like we are finally recruiting kids who love the U regardless of stars, who will come in hungry to get better and help the team. He’s an excellent take and matched many attributes we had in LB’s of old.

Go Canes
Troutman may be the better fit and overall player. If he averages 10 TKLs per game again, he’s not going anywhere unless it’s his choice.
Rankings aside, he’s our best committed LB in the class.

Advertisement
Back