CIS Burger Wars

I do not doubt you. I feel your taste in food is impeccable.

I simply see the burger/cheeseburger as a bit more of "common food". Don't get me wrong, I'd go to all the places you cited WITH BELLS ON, and crush each and every one of those amazing gourmet burgers. But I also enjoy the greasy goodness of a burger with a higher fat content, or one that has just come off the backyard grill.

Don't hate me, I think they are all wonderful. I will dream of trying some of these top-shelf burgers, but I am also not shy about hitting up some of the "lesser spots".

Heck, just ask @JD08 , I tipped him off to a place (near where his daughter will be going to college) that uses beef tallow for the french fries. Fantastic.

They are all high fat content. Really high fat content. But I hear you. I like slummy burgers too. ****, I like In and Out!

Advertisement
I do not doubt you. I feel your taste in food is impeccable.

I simply see the burger/cheeseburger as a bit more of "common food". Don't get me wrong, I'd go to all the places you cited WITH BELLS ON, and crush each and every one of those amazing gourmet burgers. But I also enjoy the greasy goodness of a burger with a higher fat content, or one that has just come off the backyard grill.

Don't hate me, I think they are all wonderful. I will dream of trying some of these top-shelf burgers, but I am also not shy about hitting up some of the "lesser spots".

Heck, just ask @JD08 , I tipped him off to a place (near where his daughter will be going to college) that uses beef tallow for the french fries. Fantastic.
I will be reporting back once I try it.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I will be reporting back once I try it.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Fantastic.

There was another spot over in Winter Park called "Orlando Meats" that made a great burger AND they made all their own condiments. Sadly, the main chef decided to do a different restaurant concept and they shut down.

The house-made ketchup was AMAZING. My wife asked for a (small) bowl of it to take home. Then she forgot to put the lid back on the Tupperware and I spilled almost half of it. Yes, I'm the villain in that story.

Also, if you are Google-mapping, there is both a Bad As's SANDWICHES and a Bad As's BURGERS in Orlando. Just want to steer you to the right spot for burgers.

Last edited:
They are all high fat content. Really high fat content. But I hear you. I like slummy burgers too. ****, I like In and Out!

Excellent.

There's a meat market/deli/bakery that I used to hit in Orlando (Petty's Meat Market) that lets you order your mix on hamburger meat, which they will grind for you if you order in advance. I've gotten 50-50 burgers there before (hamburger-bacon) and they also do a triple blend with short rib and brisket.

I've been looking for a similar spot in ATL, I'm gonna have to hit up @wspcane and @AtlAtty to get some recommendations.

Advertisement
Excellent.

There's a meat market/deli/bakery that I used to hit in Orlando (Petty's Meat Market) that lets you order your mix on hamburger meat, which they will grind for you if you order in advance. I've gotten 50-50 burgers there before (hamburger-bacon) and they also do a triple blend with short rib and brisket.

I've been looking for a similar spot in ATL, I'm gonna have to hit up @wspcane and @AtlAtty to get some recommendations.
The Spotted Trotter, Kinship, and Evergreen in town and add Heywoods if out of the perimeter. Those are the only butcher shops you need. Evergreen has the added benefit of being a bakery and sells buns made in house. However, Spotted Trotter sells General Muir buns. All make incredible burger blends.

Spotted Trotters is 50/50 bacon to dry aged beef. Kinship and Evergreen sometimes will have dry aged burger blends.

The Spotted Trotter, Kinship, and Evergreen in town and add Heywoods if out of the perimeter. Those are the only butcher shops you need. Evergreen has the added benefit of being a bakery and sells buns made in house. However, Spotted Trotter sells General Muir buns. All make incredible burger blends.

Spotted Trotters is 50/50 bacon to dry aged beef. Kinship and Evergreen sometimes will have dry aged burger blends.
Is the spotted trotters bacon just the pork belly ground up or is it smoked bacon?

Is the spotted trotters bacon just the pork belly ground up or is it smoked bacon?
I am fairly confident it is bacon but not 100% sure. They also make some insane charcuterie like a peanut heavy one called the southern smash. Great (but expensive) butcher shop. I’ve also gotten a 75 day dry aged ribeye from there.

Advertisement
Excellent.

Which part of the city?

I've driven past Spotted Trotters a few times, I'll have to stop in next time. And Evergreen doesn't look like it's too far away.

Appreciated!

Which part of the city?

I'm not picky. I come in from the west (Douglasville, where my current office is) and in about 6 months I will probably be splitting my time at our new offices up in The Battery. I've driving into the central part of ATL, I just haven't made it to the east side very frequently.

I am fairly confident it is bacon but not 100% sure. They also make some insane charcuterie like a peanut heavy one called the southern smash. Great (but expensive) butcher shop. I’ve also gotten a 75 day dry aged ribeye from there.

I may try to swing by today or early tomorrow, maybe get something to grill for this weekend.

The place I mentioned in Orlando would basically let you pick anything from the display cases for grinding, so you had your choice on bacon, pork belly, etc.

Have you gone to Snooze before? They are a breakfast/brunch place, and they have a "flight" of different bacons and pork belly. I've ordered it every time I've gone. I think there are 3 or 4 locations in ATL, I usually go to the one that is just north of Ponce City Market (because there is a Trader Joe's next door).

Advertisement

OK, had to do this for my guy @SWFLHurricane (this is from the Spotted Trotter website):

1685107263900.png

1685107315681.png

1685107425693.png

Advertisement
I've driven past Spotted Trotters a few times, I'll have to stop in next time. And Evergreen doesn't look like it's too far away.

Appreciated!
It’s really good but definitely expensive, especially their charcuterie. They also have some blue cheese aged ribeyes and butter aged ribeyes for this weekend. Literally coat the steak in the respective item and dry age it. Never seen it before but the blue cheese one is ridiculous.

Evergreen also makes burgers on sundays at 1 pm and apparently they are absurd. I haven’t made it down for one yet.

It’s really good but definitely expensive, especially their charcuterie. They also have some blue cheese aged ribeyes and butter aged ribeyes for this weekend. Literally coat the steak in the respective item and dry age it. Never seen it before but the blue cheese one is ridiculous.

Evergreen also makes burgers on sundays at 1 pm and apparently they are absurd. I haven’t made it down for one yet.

They have a pic of the butter-coated ribeye on the website. It's definitely one of the items under consideration!

I'm not a fan of the blue cheese, but it also sounds interesting.

Advertisement
Back