CIS Burger Wars

Advertisement
Well, the east coast will find out soon. They announced one in Mississippi, they acquired the land for a regional HQ in Tennessee, and I expect that Alabama and Georgia are next.

Look, it's a great fast food burger. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody ever claimed it was Shake Shack or Five Guys or Burger Fi.

But I like it.

Hopefully, with more locations, the lines will be shorter.
Totally agree. With all the hype and cult status, there are always gonna be a long line of people ready to dump on it.

I prefer In-And-Out to the much too greasy 5 Guys offering. And, I say that with 5 Guys starting in my backyard -- Arlington, Va back in the mid-80s.

This guy makes the best **** burger...

View attachment 239507

View attachment 239506
This was actually filmed on the Georgia coast. The trees on the beach are on Jekyll Island and incredible to visit. Anyhow, that burger is based off the burger at The General Muir in Atlanta and the chef there was a consultant for the movie. The chef there has had a number of restaurants in Atlanta and has tweaked it at each stop. And at each stop the burger is spectacular. In Atlanta, the double patty, American cheese, red onions, bread and butter pickles has become the standard because og him and Holeman and Finch, which @TheOriginalCane mentioned before. The secret move at The General Muir is it is a ****** deli, so they do not have bacon, but they do make amazing pastrami and you can add 2 griddled and crisped slices off menu.

This was actually filmed on the Georgia coast. The trees on the beach are on Jekyll Island and incredible to visit. Anyhow, that burger is based off the burger at The General Muir in Atlanta and the chef there was a consultant for the movie. The chef there has had a number of restaurants in Atlanta and has tweaked it at each stop. And at each stop the burger is spectacular. In Atlanta, the double patty, American cheese, red onions, bread and butter pickles has become the standard because og him and Holeman and Finch, which @TheOriginalCane mentioned before. The secret move at The General Muir is it is a ****** deli, so they do not have bacon, but they do make amazing pastrami and you can add 2 griddled and crisped slices off menu.

YES! I just went to The General Muir a couple of weeks ago, and YES, I got the burger.

Just FYI, I also went to that burger place up in Dunwoody (NFA) that's inside of a Chevron station. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I think THEIR "secret move" is that they brush the burger with their mustard sauce before grilling it. I went on a rainy day, so I had to eat it in my car. It was good, but definitely not my favorite.

I went to the General Muir by Emory, not the one in Sandy Springs, so let me know if there is a differential. While I was eating, a kid (kid?) came in and was talking with the bartender (I was on my own that day) and he was studying for his law school finals at Emory. I wished him luck and headed out.

in n out GIF
I shall layeth the smacketh down upon any man who does not agree In-n-Out is the #1 slot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t believe I’m wading into this, but…

Any of you guys ever eaten at a Farm Burger?

I have not yet. I think I saw one inside of Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, and there are a few other locations around. Gonna have to try that.

Can’t believe I’m wading into this, but…

Any of you guys ever eaten at a Farm Burger?
I have not yet. I think I saw one inside of Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, and there are a few other locations around. Gonna have to try that.
Beware of the plant based patty. I've seen a few around farms and I certainly wouldn't want to eat one.

Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers in Fort Lauderdale is pretty solid. Nothing too crazy just a simple diner style burger that hasn't changed in like 70 years. Le Tub on Hollywood beach is a bit overrated IMO. I mean they're fine burgers but they got all this hype a few years ago when some national magazine named them America's best burgers and to me they're good but not great.

Advertisement

The 19 minute mark of the hot ones interview with Andrew Zimmern, he gives a great breakdown on why in-n-out is overrated and why Culver’s is great
Culvers Fish Sandwich is where it's at (X-tra Tartar sauce)

Happened to be in Nashville the day of the Miami vs FSU game in 2017. I took my son to the designated UM game-watch establishment (can’t remember the name right now). The place was so packed we figured we’d never get to eat. I looked across the street and there was Farm Burger. And it had a big TV with the game on. So we walked over there and ate and watched the game. Great burgers—real food. Tasted even better when Langham hauled in that TD at the end. Anyway, we’ve made it a point to hit the Farm Burger whenever possible ever since.

Advertisement
Happened to be in Nashville the day of the Miami vs FSU game in 2017. I took my son to the designated UM game-watch establishment (can’t remember the name right now). The place was so packed we figured we’d never get to eat. I looked across the street and there was Farm Burger. And it had a big TV with the game on. So we walked over there and ate and watched the game. Great burgers—real food. Tasted even better when Langham hauled in that TD at the end. Anyway, we’ve made it a point to hit the Farm Burger whenever possible ever since.

Sounds good, I will probably have to hit a "regular" Farm Burger before I try the one at the stadium, as stadium joints usually have limited menus.

Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers in Fort Lauderdale is pretty solid. Nothing too crazy just a simple diner style burger that hasn't changed in like 70 years. Le Tub on Hollywood beach is a bit overrated IMO. I mean they're fine burgers but they got all this hype a few years ago when some national magazine named them America's best burgers and to me they're good but not great.
Letub sucks... Tried it a few times to make sure and everytime I walked away thinking " No Bueno"..
Moonlight Diner in Oakwood plaza is better than Letub .. and that's not going to high on the burger hierarchy....
Honestly I like homemade smash burgers.... I know how I want it and get it right everytime.... Lol

This is the best burger that no one had ever heard of until it finally got discovered. Honestly almost all the best burgers are in NY and Chicago IMO. It's classic, but with high-end meat and perfect preparation. One of the outside investors of this little neighborhood spot owns an upscale steak house and they bring over the dry-aged trimmings from there:

Brindle Room in New York uses the ultimate combination of meat — 30-day-aged beef neck, fresh beef and pure white fat — to create their Steakhouse Burger. Once seared in a cast-iron skillet, the patty gets topped with caramelized onions, American cheese and homemade spicy hot sauce. This neighborhood restaurant doesn’t feel the need for fancy bread, either — they keep it simple with a plain white bun.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 4.18.04 PM.png

This is the best burger that no one had ever heard of until it finally got discovered. Honestly almost all the best burgers are in NY and Chicago IMO. It's classic, but with high-end meat and perfect preparation. One of the outside investors of this little neighborhood spot owns an upscale steak house and they bring over the dry-aged trimmings from there:

Brindle Room in New York uses the ultimate combination of meat — 30-day-aged beef neck, fresh beef and pure white fat — to create their Steakhouse Burger. Once seared in a cast-iron skillet, the patty gets topped with caramelized onions, American cheese and homemade spicy hot sauce. This neighborhood restaurant doesn’t feel the need for fancy bread, either — they keep it simple with a plain white bun.

View attachment 239615

I do not doubt you. I feel your taste in food is impeccable.

I simply see the burger/cheeseburger as a bit more of "common food". Don't get me wrong, I'd go to all the places you cited WITH BELLS ON, and crush each and every one of those amazing gourmet burgers. But I also enjoy the greasy goodness of a burger with a higher fat content, or one that has just come off the backyard grill.

Don't hate me, I think they are all wonderful. I will dream of trying some of these top-shelf burgers, but I am also not shy about hitting up some of the "lesser spots".

Heck, just ask @JD08 , I tipped him off to a place (near where his daughter will be going to college) that uses beef tallow for the french fries. Fantastic.

Advertisement
Back