CIS Burger Wars

A: “spotted trotters”
Q: “what does @Paranos call a thick girl with hemorrhoids?”

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

AmazingGivingAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Trotters are okay, but I definitely know I would prefer a big ole donkey butt, with big leg. I ain't to proud to beg...... Let me ride that Donkey, Donkey, Donkey...

Go Canes

Advertisement
Son of a...

Now I gotta make another trip into the city. **** that looks good. And it's just a few blocks from the Snooze (and Trader Joe's) that we've been to a few times in 2023.

NICE!! Appreciate it, sir!
If you’re already there, the pizza/sub shop next door is pretty good, as is the gelato place next to that. There’s another ice cream place across the street called Morellis that is really good as well. Also, Kinship has some great cheeses, groceries, and sometimes baked goods from local shops. Great spot.

Advertisement
Nowhere near anyone else here, but every Sunday afternoon my local butcher shop puts up a grill in their back parking lot and throws up these smash burgers. Simple, just cheese, onion, catsup, pickles, mustard on a toasted bun. My quiet Sunday two-block walk go-to after picking up some steaks and chops. Getting popular in my neighborhood, usually 8-10 people waiting for an order.

cc0536f704d87a5da7591044d9b50362.jpeg

Last edited:
If you’re already there, the pizza/sub shop next door is pretty good, as is the gelato place next to that. There’s another ice cream place across the street called Morellis that is really good as well. Also, Kinship has some great cheeses, groceries, and sometimes baked goods from local shops. Great spot.

OK, so here's the update...

Went to Kinship first, picked up a couple of the brisket blend burgers (they only had Row 3, they were out of Rows 1 & 2) and a couple of links of Italian sausage. Plus some brioche buns. Hit Pielands for a slice of white, very good.

Drove around and made it down to Oakhurst Market. Now THIS was the place I was hoping to find, it is comparable to Petty's Meats in Orlando, they had a much larger selection of prepared foods. I got a couple of burgers there AND I found some Beecher's macaroni and cheese, which I was very happy about. I've gone to Beechers in NYC and it was definitely worth it, my nieces loved it.

Eventually, I worked my way down to Fox Bros. The place was packed, I guess there was some Grateful Dead show nearby (so you KNOW I didn't know anything about it...) but I managed to get a seat at the bar. I ordered the brisket burger and it was amazing. The bacon really ties it all together.

For the record, both driving in and out, there were two different wrecks around Six Flags. Every time. EVERY TIME.

Brisket burger & chili mac:
1685277907369.png

Honey Pie:
1685277969591.png

Last edited:

Went to Kinship first, picked up a couple of the brisket blend burgers (they only had Row 3, they were out of Rows 1 & 2) and a couple of links of Italian sausage. Plus some brioche buns. Hit Pielands for a slice of white, very good.

Drove around and made it down to Oakhurst Market. Now THIS was the place I was hoping to find, it is comparable to Petty's Meats in Orlando, they had a much larger selection of prepared foods. I got a couple of burgers there AND I found some Beecher's macaroni and cheese, which I was very happy about. I've gone to Beechers in NYC and it was definitely worth it, my nieces loved it.

Eventually, I worked my way down to Fox Bros. The place was packed, I guess there was some Grateful Dead show nearby (so you KNOW I didn't know anything about it...) but I managed to get a seat at the bar. I ordered the brisket burger and it was amazing. The bacon really ties it all together.

For the record, both driving in and out, there were two different wrecks around Six Flags. Every time. EVERY TIME.

View attachment 239877

Honey Pie:
View attachment 239878
I’m gonna have to update my Atlanta excel food chart and send it to you. It’s been a while, and admittedly I do less exploring, but it will probably help remind me of some places that I need to get back to.

Totally agree. With all the hype and cult status, there are always gonna be a long line of people ready to dump on it.

I prefer In-And-Out to the much too greasy 5 Guys offering. And, I say that with 5 Guys starting in my backyard -- Arlington, Va back in the mid-80s.

Coming To America Lol GIF by HBO Max

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane peep this. One of my go to sandwiches that my Italian deli makes me.

Chicken cutlet, cured capicola, prosciutto di parma, arugula, Stella table cheese, pickled eggplant, mayo, long hot pepper. ****** bomb bro.

View attachment 241324
Outstanding....My kinda sandwich...instead of arugula, I'd prefer Sautéed Broccoli Rabe though.

@SWFLHurricane peep this. One of my go to sandwiches that my Italian deli makes me.

Chicken cutlet, cured capicola, prosciutto di parma, arugula, Stella table cheese, pickled eggplant, mayo, long hot pepper. ****** bomb bro.

View attachment 241324

WAY too many vegetables...

I kid, I kid, but maybe not so much. I'd skip the eggplant and peppers. Everything else is amazing to me, though...

Advertisement
Nowhere near anyone else here, but every Sunday afternoon my local butcher shop puts up a grill in their back parking lot and throws up these smash burgers. Simple, just cheese, onion, catsup, pickles, mustard on a toasted bun. My quiet Sunday two-block walk go-to after picking up some steaks and chops. Getting popular in my neighborhood, usually 8-10 people waiting for an order.

View attachment 239859

my god that looks delicious...

Advertisement

View attachment 239877

Honey Pie:
View attachment 239878

need to add a drool emoji to our reply section... all these pics are killing me

Outstanding....My kinda sandwich...instead of arugula, I'd prefer Sautéed Broccoli Rabe though.
@SWFLHurricane ... have you ever had a burger at the Yellow Pony Pub at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala? My wife and I stopped in last Sunday just for an appetizer after a show and we are going to return just to try their burgers. They looked nasty good. Just had drinks and a Hummus board ... served with some excellent home made pita, squash slices and excellent jumbo asparagus ... asparagus was cooked exceptionally well and seasoned perfectly. Never had Hummus served with asparagus before but it was excellent.

@SWFLHurricane ... have you ever had a burger at the Yellow Pony Pub at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala? My wife and I stopped in last Sunday just for an appetizer after a show and we are going to return just to try their burgers. They looked nasty good. Just had drinks and a Hummus board ... served with some excellent home made pita, squash slices and excellent jumbo asparagus ... asparagus was cooked exceptionally well and seasoned perfectly. Nknowever had Hummus served with asparagus before but it was excellent.
No, haven't tried it unfortunately. I know exactly where the center is. Spent many hrs artifact hunting in, and around Ocala the past 20+ yrs.

Advertisement
Back