'Chuck Pagano is a Possibility for Miami'

Advertisement
Was chuck known as a good recruiter here? Only read the story about him closing on Andre Johnson.

Yes.

Not that the requisite for a HC should be his recruiting ability.

Not implying it. Just wondering about his evaluation and closing ability.

Win games and you can close on whoever you want. I think that concept has been proven and discussed ad nauseum.

Well when everyone you are recruiting against is winning games also....

What are the Colts known for....... ( SOFT ).................. LMFAO = Golden ..... I want titles not worry about the Coastal LMFAO

11 win season LMFAO they play Tenn, Jacksonville, Houston THATS 6 WINS

Was chuck known as a good recruiter here? Only read the story about him closing on Andre Johnson.

Yes.

Win games and you can close on whoever you want. I think that concept has been proven and discussed ad nauseum.

Name one program that can shut down south florida when we are humming? The way you shut down the area is by winning. Period. Recruiting ability, which btw is a nonsense concept in and of itself, is the single most overrated trait for a Head Coach in modern college football.

Yes.

Name one program that can shut down south florida when we are humming? The way you shut down the area is by winning. Period. Recruiting ability, which btw is a nonsense concept in and of itself, is the single most overrated trait for a Head Coach in modern college football.

That is has nothing to do with my post. It should go without saying when we win we will dominate the trail. However, if your HC is a poor closer we might still lose dalvin cook to fsu or calloaway to uf. We will never get them all but a stronger closer gets a higher %. Recruiting is not a nonsense concept. Butch's recruiting acumen (evaluations + closing) made him build this program back up. I know you will try to disagree with that last sentence, but those aren't mine words. They are those of Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
What are the Colts known for....... ( SOFT ).................. LMFAO = Golden ..... I want titles not worry about the Coastal LMFAO

What's with all these new trolls and their Tourrette's schtick? Every one of these motherfcking morons repeats the same **** over and over and over. This slack-jawed, low-eared maggot has posted the same thing 20 times in this thread.

That is has nothing to do with my post. It should go without saying when we win we will dominate the trail. However, if your HC is a poor closer we might still lose dalvin cook to fsu or calloaway to uf. We will never get them all but a stronger closer gets a higher %. Recruiting is not a nonsense concept. Butch's recruiting acumen (evaluations + closing) made him build this program back up. I know you will try to disagree with that last sentence, but those aren't mine words. They are those of Butch

Butch wasn't a great closer. He was good, not great. He made his bones evaluating and developing, which he happened to do better than anyone in history.

That is has nothing to do with my post. It should go against saying when we win we will dominate the trail. However, if your HC is a poor closer we might still lose dalvin cook to fsu or calloaway to uf. We will never get them all but a stronger closer gets a higher %. Recruiting is not a nonsense concept. Butch's recruiting acumen (evaluations + closing) made him build this program back up. I know you will try to disagree with that last sentence, but those aren't mine words. They are those of Butch

Let me make this clear, since you are a young cat in the game.

Every single coaching staff in america has guys who are "good recruiters". You want to talk evaluations and development, fine.

But the "art" of convincing kids is complete nonsense. It's an entire fraud industry that makes people a lot of money. There is no magical recruiting ability. Some kids like certain coaches. Some kids like other coaches. Some kids want to stay home. Some kids want to leave. Some kids want to play in the SEC. Some want to go to a real college.

But there are two overriding factors that get kids to come to programs: Brand and Wins. Period. Anything outside of that is noise, or kids being paid for.

Advertisement

Butch wasn't a great closer. He was good, not great. He made his bones evaluating and developing, which he happened to do better than anyone in history.

Exactly. That's why I asked how Chuck was a closer and evaluator. In the case of 5* kids, everyone in the country knows they are good players and you will need a strong HC & staff to close on them.

2013. Chuck pagano and that sorry squad beat superbowl winners.. seahawks... superbowl runner up broncos.. playoff team KC... playoff 49ers squad..... all teams with twice the talent and great coaching staffs. Took that sorry squad again to the afc ship last year.

Golden girls. your argument is invalid. repeating the same drivel ad nauseum doesn't discount Pagano great coaching job considering all the odds stacked against him. you're an idiot. stfu

Home run hire, and if not #1 on our board, very close. Elite talent evaluator and recruiter and extremely well respected in South Florida. By far #1 guy on my board.

It's perplexing, no, downright baffling to me, that people are dismissing Pagano. Many of the same people who turn around and slow-jerk themselves for guys like Strong or Herman. I like Herman's upside, he's from a great coaching tree and says all the right things, but man -- Pagano is proven. He's been there. Herman's green.

Who are we talking about here?

Butch? The architect of the greatest roster ever, sure. He hasn't coached in 5 years. Will the BOT even entertain him?
Mario? We're going to hire an actual position coach who was fired from a Sun Belt school and whose crowning achievement is an 8-5 season?
Chud? Been a head coach for 1 year of his life and was fired. Personality of my *******. Is Pagano's subordinate. So you'll pass on his BOSS?
Strong? This is a guy I defended, but right now he's got people making Golden-level excuses for him to justify his awful performances in year 2.
Herman? Fuente? I like them, but you'd turn down a winning NFL head coach of this pedigree for "up and comers" from non-power 5 conferences?

Pagano would be amazing. You guys need to get yo shlt together on this one.

He's spent 14 years with Butch Davis and John Harbaugh.
He spent 6 years as a defensive coordinator churning out hit squads.
He's won his NFL Division 3 straight times.
He won 11 games his first 3 NFL seasons.

We're passing on an NFL coach that's 35-17? No thanks to a head coach that's winning at the highest level? And honestly, he's doing that for an organization that's made some awful moves. Their personnel decisions overall are pretty terrible lately. That isn't some amazing roster.

I think saying he could be our Pete Carroll is a great comparison. Except he's actually won in the NFL his first go round.

Welcome to CIS. It's pretty comical

Advertisement
If we have to actually debate a freakin NFL head coach that had 3 consecutive double digit win seasons then things are literally going to implode when Flake trots out a failed Sun Belt corch turned college positions corch and the local media acts like it's bringing a young Jimmy back "home". My God, please let us make a remotely acceptable hire.

If we have to actually debate a freakin NFL head coach that had 3 consecutive double digit win seasons then things are literally going to implode when Flake trots out a failed Sun Belt corch turned college positions corch and the local media acts like it's bringing a young Jimmy back "home". My God, please let us make a remotely acceptable hire.

For the record, I would be very happy with Chuck. I was just asking questions

For the record, I would be very happy with Chuck. I was just asking questions

Oh, that wasn't directed at you. Just a moment of terror on my part by visualizing the Mario introductory presser as we sit here and dissect the quality of Pagano's NFL wins.

Advertisement

What's with all these new trolls and their Tourrette's schtick? Every one of these motherfcking morons repeats the same **** over and over and over. This slack-jawed, low-eared maggot has posted the same thing 20 times in this thread.

exactly. as if this constant repetition somehow adds credibility. the idiots don't get that it actually makes them look ****** as all fugg.

With Pagano, and with other 'CEO' type guys, I think it would be all about his staff he brings with him, but I think the hire would have some upside, the name has some small degree of clout in the 305...but he'd still need some SoFla guys to help him recruit heavily locally.

I'd honestly put him in my top-5...

Advertisement
Back