'Chuck Pagano is a Possibility for Miami'

Advertisement
Would be an A hire.

NFL head coach with deep playoff experience. Has been on the biggest stage.
Has spent his career with Butch Davis and John Harbaugh.

He's a big time coach, I'd be surprised if he doesn't take another NFL gig.

Refresher on Pagano:

Attached at the hip with Butch Davis from 1995 - 2004.

- Spent all 5 years with Butch Davis at Miami as special teams and secondary coach.

- Next 5 years in the NFL as secondary coach. 4 with Butch in Cleveland, one with Oakland.

- Reunites with Butch and returns to college in 2007 at North Carolina as defensive coordinator. Took a defense that ranked 92nd the year before he arrived and brought em up to 35th.

- That earned him a 4-year stint with the Ravens and John Harbaugh from 2008 - 2011. First 3 years as secondary coach before becoming defensive coordinator in 2011, where he improved their total defense from 10th to 3rd.

- First ever shot as a head coach in Indy, he wins 11 games three straight times with a largely unimpressive roster, and as much as I hate to say it, an overrated QB short on experience and heavy on turnovers.

He's got experience and success as a college coordinator, NFL coordinator, and NFL head coach. He would bring Chud along in Chud's rightful role - coordinator, and he was the right hand man to Butch Davis for a very long time. He's also highly-regarded by John Harbaugh and brings pro-level experience and pedigree.

We would be lucky as fvck to stumble into a ****ed off Pagano looking to leave the pro game behind.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Id be happy with this hire. I think hes a good fit and I believe he might actually be the 1st choice. Question is if hes willing to come back to college and be the man or stay in the NFL.

Advertisement
Would be an A hire.

NFL head coach with deep playoff experience. Has been on the biggest stage.
Has spent his career with Butch Davis and John Harbaugh.

He's a big time coach, I'd be surprised if he doesn't take another NFL gig.

Refresher on Pagano:

Attached at the hip with Butch Davis from 1995 - 2004.

- Spent all 5 years with Butch Davis at Miami as special teams and secondary coach.

- Next 5 years in the NFL as secondary coach. 4 with Butch in Cleveland, one with Oakland.

- Reunites with Butch and returns to college in 2007 at North Carolina as defensive coordinator. Took a defense that ranked 92nd the year before he arrived and brought em up to 35th.

- That earned him a 4-year stint with the Ravens and John Harbaugh from 2008 - 2011. First 3 years as secondary coach before becoming defensive coordinator in 2011, where he improved their total defense from 10th to 3rd.

- First ever shot as a head coach in Indy, he wins 11 games three straight times with a largely unimpressive roster, and as much as I hate to say it, an overrated QB short on experience and heavy on turnovers.

He's got experience and success as a college coordinator, NFL coordinator, and NFL head coach. He would bring Chud along in Chud's rightful role - coordinator, and he was the right hand man to Butch Davis for a very long time. He's also highly-regarded by John Harbaugh and brings pro-level experience and pedigree.

We would be lucky as fvck to stumble into a ****ed off Pagano looking to leave the pro game behind.

Well when you put it like that....

Advertisement
I can't believe he would come to college. This would be a slam dunk hire if we are not going with butch

Advertisement
I'd have absolutely no problem with the hire and this would be the only scenario in which Butch might come back in a non HC role.

Advertisement
Back