'Chuck Pagano is a Possibility for Miami'

Advertisement
Do not want.

Well you're on crack. We'd be lucky to have him.

Sexiest hire in the world? Maybe not...but he's a very good coach and given the fact names like "Cristobal" are being thrown around you'd have to be certifiably incompetent to not take him in a heartbeat. We could do a **** of a lot worse.

Advertisement
Colts fan here and yes I think he would do very well at Miami. Could be like Pete Carroll was at USC. Upbeat persona and good recruiter.

Advertisement
Players love him I've been all over the place with Pagano IMO would be a triple not a home run due to the fact he would bring the excitement.. There's only one Homerun Hire out there for the taking... BBB

he's a defensive coach and his team's defense is in the bottom third in every defensive category, and 4 of the 7 teams they've played are below .500.

oh and he also gave the go ahead to line this bull**** up.

20151018215854.0.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2352660 said:
Team plays terrible defense. I mean terrible.

Their GM (Grigson) has systematically ignored the defense in the draft. Their Top 3 picks from 2012-2014:

2012 - Luck, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener
2013 - Bjoern Werner, Hugh Thornton, Khaled Holmes
2014 - Jack Mewhort, Moncrief, Jon Newsome

In 3 drafts they took a tweener DE in Werner and a JAG in Newsome. That's it. Everything else was offense. And just to prove his incompetence, three of those guys are OLinemen and their OLine is still ******.

**** near impossible to win in the NFL if you don't draft well, and he has combined bad defensive scouting with unbalanced drafting.

Their GM (Grigson) has systematically ignored the defense in the draft. Their Top 3 picks from 2012-2014:

In 3 drafts they took a tweener DE in Werner and a JAG in Newsome. That's it. Everything else was offense. And just to prove his incompetence, three of those guys are OLinemen and their OLine is still ******.

**** near impossible to win in the NFL if you don't draft well, and he has combined bad defensive scouting with unbalanced drafting.

I agree he hasnt drafted great on defense but they are awful. And alot of it is coaching

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2352725 said:

In 3 drafts they took a tweener DE in Werner and a JAG in Newsome. That's it. Everything else was offense. And just to prove his incompetence, three of those guys are OLinemen and their OLine is still ****ty.

I agree he hasnt drafted great on defense but they are awful. And alot of it is coaching

He hasn't drafted PERIOD on defense. And pagano has no say in that.

I don't think Carroll or Saban or Butch were lighting the world on fire defensively in the NFL either. I think he's one of the best options we could have. Not THE best, but certainly would be an excellent hire.

It's perplexing, no, downright baffling to me, that people are dismissing Pagano. Many of the same people who turn around and slow-jerk themselves for guys like Strong or Herman. I like Herman's upside, he's from a great coaching tree and says all the right things, but man -- Pagano is proven. He's been there. Herman's green.

Who are we talking about here?

Butch? The architect of the greatest roster ever, sure. He hasn't coached in 5 years. Will the BOT even entertain him?
Mario? We're going to hire an actual position coach who was fired from a Sun Belt school and whose crowning achievement is an 8-5 season?
Chud? Been a head coach for 1 year of his life and was fired. Personality of my *******. Is Pagano's subordinate. So you'll pass on his BOSS?
Strong? This is a guy I defended, but right now he's got people making Golden-level excuses for him to justify his awful performances in year 2.
Herman? Fuente? I like them, but you'd turn down a winning NFL head coach of this pedigree for "up and comers" from non-power 5 conferences?

Pagano would be amazing. You guys need to get yo shlt together on this one.

He's spent 14 years with Butch Davis and John Harbaugh.
He spent 6 years as a defensive coordinator churning out hit squads.
He's won his NFL Division 3 straight times.
He won 11 games his first 3 NFL seasons.

We're passing on an NFL coach that's 35-17? No thanks to a head coach that's winning at the highest level? And honestly, he's doing that for an organization that's made some awful moves. Their personnel decisions overall are pretty terrible lately. That isn't some amazing roster.

I think saying he could be our Pete Carroll is a great comparison. Except he's actually won in the NFL his first go round.

crossover22[]_[];2352725 said:

In 3 drafts they took a tweener DE in Werner and a JAG in Newsome. That's it. Everything else was offense. And just to prove his incompetence, three of those guys are OLinemen and their OLine is still ****ty.

He hasn't drafted PERIOD on defense. And pagano has no say in that.

I don't think Carroll or Saban or Butch were lighting the world on fire defensively in the NFL either. I think he's one of the best options we could have. Not THE best, but certainly would be an excellent hire.

Im not saying he would be the worst hire. That would be mario. Im just saying his defense has sucked. We just got rid of a bad defensive coach

Advertisement
Back