Christian Williams inks with Miami

So does that mean all the schools that consistently finish in the top 5-10 of recruiting, every year, are failing at recruiting? Apparently they are all paying kids too.

I don't follow them, so I don't know if they're failing. What I do know is that our recruiting is good but not great, and if we're throwing bama money around our recruiting should be great. If we're paying like that and getting what we're getting, we're wasting a ton of money and failing.

The gap between us and bama is too wide to suggest the money is equal.

Advertisement
He absolutely is not a bad recruiter. I think the most accurate description is to say he's an average recruiter. He has missed a lot as well.

Oh he's bad. But he progressed his class and honed in on this kid (which was smart). I do wish we got John Dixon along with this kid as i was a Brownlee fan...and never thought Good should of had an offer.

Advertisement
Oh he's bad. But he progressed his class and honed in on this kid (which was smart). I do wish we got John Dixon along with this kid as i was a Brownlee fan...and never thought Good should of had an offer.

@gogeta4 who is better Williams or brownlee, in your opinion?

Advertisement
I like to point out the hypocrites on the board. They are usually the ones that come out and call everybody idiots because we don't all fall in line with their way of thinking.

Bama didn’t have room. And wouldn’t wait for nsd, they have kids trying to climb in just to grey **** for Christ’s sake.

And even if we did beat them out that’s like a 5 percent rate. So congrats for a dumb point.

Yep. Every one of those guys you just listed were 4 stars except Ivey. He's pulled in 3 this cycle and is the teams top rated recruiter right now.

The bad recruiter line is exaggeration at it's finest.

Now, if someone wants to make the argument that we can do better recruiting wise there (Fran Brown for ecample), I have no argument and am all for it. But this dude is being judged based on his misses (which are admittedly pretty embarrassing) and not his hits.
Ivey received 4 stars at the very end of last years recruiting.

Advertisement
Rumph cb room gets the last 3 seasons

Bandy 4 star
Dean 4 star

Frierson 4 star
Blades 4 star
Ivey 4 star
Bethel 3 star

Christian Williams 4 star
Tecory couch 4 star

Impressive , about time to quit with that bad recruiting label...
Multiple 4 stars every full recruiting class? Interesting
View attachment 79784

Come on man, how do you keep referring to Jhavnote Dean as a 4 star? He was not good here, everyone backed off except us and a couple buff**k schools. The moment he set foot on that field for UM he played that 4th and maybe even 3rd star off his ranking. I know not everyone is a star, but he was totally average at best, and is under the "miss" category if anything.

Bama didn’t have room. And wouldn’t wait for nsd, they have kids trying to climb in just to grey **** for Christ’s sake.

And even if we did beat them out that’s like a 5 percent rate. So congrats for a dumb point.

And here comes the spin cycle. Figured it would show up eventually.

Advertisement
Things might be different with Rumph recruiting now that Diaz is head coach, especially with the new offense that Enos is bringing. The defense has been good, and the style fits South Florida, but it's hard to fault kids, even the ones not getting paid, if they want to play for a winner.

Come on man, how do you keep referring to Jhavnote Dean as a 4 star? He was not good here, everyone backed off except us and a couple buff**k schools. The moment he set foot on that field for UM he played that 4th and maybe even 3rd star off his ranking. I know not everyone is a star, but he was totally average at best, and is under the "miss" category if anything.

He had a good season as cb3. Good enough performance to be #1 in pass D. Dean did what we asked of him.

DB is arguably the deepest position in SFL recruiting each year. Rumph has gotten flack not because he can't recruit the 4 stars but because he misses on the elite high 4 star and 5 star talent. Ultimately though if you look at his commits, they're pretty **** good.

The combination of MJ going high in the draft and our team winning more games will result in Rumph getting those elite guys. Win and they will come.

The triple double down. Despite massive evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna keep believing.

Advertisement
Back