Christian Williams inks with Miami

Welcome to the :neonu:!!!

giphy.gif

0DE8B57F9038A2BFB0FAC13CA3FDEF6E9F3681C3

Advertisement
Or maybe kids have different reasons for picking schools, and this one liked what Miami had.

And before you say it, no, I don't blame every recruiting miss on bags. But when you see a high-profile kid bouncing back and forth just between NSD, he's in it for the money. What do you think coaches say to recruits at the 11th hour that makes them question their commitment? Do you think there's any new info other than "we're willing to pay/pay more"? When a recruit drops a visit to another school after saban goes in-home with him, what do you think saban said that he hadn't mentioned in the last 14 months of recruiting the kid?

Not all recruiting is about bags, but it's foolish to think it's not a big part of the game.

He liked the money Miami put up. I'm glad that Miami is throwing bags big enough to grab kids from Bama. It's all good in my book.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My guess is Rumph sold this kid on being the next Mike Jackson

Once Rumph has the development of Bandy, Blades, Ivey, Frierson, etc. on his resume, I'm sure the "bad recruiter" noise will go away
Yep. Every one of those guys you just listed were 4 stars except Ivey. He's pulled in 3 this cycle and is the teams top rated recruiter right now.

The bad recruiter line is exaggeration at it's finest.

Now, if someone wants to make the argument that we can do better recruiting wise there (Fran Brown for ecample), I have no argument and am all for it. But this dude is being judged based on his misses (which are admittedly pretty embarrassing) and not his hits.

Advertisement
Yep. Every one of those guys you just listed were 4 stars except Ivey. He's pulled in 3 this cycle and is the teams top rated recruiter right now.

The bad recruiter line is exaggeration at it's finest.

Now, if someone wants to make the argument that we can do better recruiting wise there (Fran Brown for ecample), I have no argument and am all for it. But this dude is being judged based on his misses (which are admittedly pretty embarrassing) and not his hits.

He's not a bad recruiter, he just isn't getting the very best guys. Then again, I'm not sure any of those guys were really considering us...even if they were, I certainly don't think he's the reason they didn't sign.

Advertisement
He's not a bad recruiter, he just isn't getting the very best guys. Then again, I'm not sure any of those guys were really considering us...even if they were, I certainly don't think he's the reason they didn't sign.
Oh he definitely can recruit better. No question about that.

I think the entire defensive side of the ball is missing a recruiting ace, tbh.

Advertisement
Back