Chris Wilson DL Coach (potential)

I thought Chris coached at Michigan and landed Rashan Gary and the pair of 5 star DTs out of Georgia.
He coached rashan Gary in his and then Michigan hired him to coach special teams an linebackers. Gary came also. He was one of the best recruiters at Michigan. He's a coach to keep an eye on. He's got a bright future. Being a dc at ole miss is a tough job with the lack of good players and going against great offenses weekly. It might take a couple years to get them decent

Advertisement
Charlie Partridge
Brick Haley
Kevin Kane (but he’s a DC, so I would bring him in as DC/DL coach).
Eli Rasheed
Joe Seumalo
Travian Robertson
Rod Wright

On a scale of 1-5, Partridge is a 5, Wilson 4. Patrick and Simpson are 3s. Stroud was a 3. Not terrible but I don't see KP or Simpson as big upgrades.

I thought Chris coached at Michigan and landed Rashan Gary and the pair of 5 star DTs out of Georgia.
Yes he recruited Aubrey Solomon a 5 star DT who's now at Tenn and is also responsible for landing his lil brother Otis Reese who was a 4 star LB who transferred from Uga to Ole Miss...Reese is close family the only reason I can speak on this

Advertisement
I would take Jess Simpson back without issue.

In his one season as DL coach, we finished:

2nd nationally in sack rate (1st in P5)
1st in pass defense
3rd in yards per play defense
1st in third down defense

Gerald Willis also led the nation in TFLs and was second-team All American.

My only unknown with him would be recruiting. That was the year we went national with under-the-radar guys like Hunte and Blissett.

Jess Simpson can really coach...I don't think he's being given enough credit here.
I thought he was a good recruiter too, or at least showed promise. He almost got (forget the name) some DE from Georgia but Bama dropped a bag, he also identified most of our young DT's like Harrison Hunte.

Advertisement
Hiring a CB coach, now looking for a DL coach ..... looks like Baker is staying.... not good news
no matter who they hire... same scheme, same DC.....

I thought he was a good recruiter too, or at least showed promise. He almost got (forget the name) some DE from Georgia but Bama dropped a bag, he also identified most of our young DT's like Harrison Hunte.
I thought Patke found the NY kids?

Could definitely be true, I actually almost clarified that was my assumption in the previous post but I didn't want to write a novel.
This is what scares me. Naming coaches while Baker is still on the payroll sounds like he’s staying, unless Manny has some back door stuff going on that hasn’t been announced

Advertisement
This is what scares me. Naming coaches while Baker is still on the payroll sounds like he’s staying, unless Manny has some back door stuff going on that hasn’t been announced

There has to be more going on. No way TRob comes here if Blake Baker is going to be his boss. Baker may stay on in a demoted role but no way he is full DC next season.

Hiring a CB coach, now looking for a DL coach ..... looks like Baker is staying.... not good news
no matter who they hire... same scheme, same DC.....
The scheme will look totally different with better backend play and players. We need to hit on DL coach and LB coach.

Advertisement
This. Or Diaz is taking over which tells me it’s the same ****.

Doreen fired Patrick right?

I would take Simpson back also, I think he is better teacher than Partridge, but Patridge is better recruiter. I think both can coach and recruit well though.

Doreen fired Patrick right?

I would take Simpson back also, I think he is better teacher than Partridge, but Patridge is better recruiter. I think both can coach and recruit well though.
TRob got fired too. I know y’all hate the bring back former canes thing but KP actually has experience and develop elite pass rushers.

Advertisement
Back