Chris Wilson DL Coach (potential)

Doreen fired Patrick right?

I would take Simpson back also, I think he is better teacher than Partridge, but Patridge is better recruiter. I think both can coach and recruit well though.
I don’t know about better teacher. Partridge just took 3 low 3star guys and are bout to have them drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Advertisement
On a scale of 1-5, Partridge is a 5, Wilson 4. Patrick and Simpson are 3s. Stroud was a 3. Not terrible but I don't see KP or Simpson as big upgrades.

You think KP, the DL coach at FAU in Boca has the same rating as the DL coach of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons who was also already a success here?

Advertisement
He’s asking who are the players he’s gotten drafted and developed.
That's been discussed extensively he can go look it up. He can start with Pierre Paul from USF and end with his most recent success Evan Anderson 2020 freshman all American at FAU (Anderson was the 147th rank offensive guard in the 2020 class an a few week of camp Patrick turned him into a F'ing All American.). An every year he was at NC state he had dlinemen drafted by the NFL in the Top rounds of the draft.

Go Canes

I would take Jess Simpson back without issue.

In his one season as DL coach, we finished:

2nd nationally in sack rate (1st in P5)
1st in pass defense
3rd in yards per play defense
1st in third down defense

Gerald Willis also led the nation in TFLs and was second-team All American.

My only unknown with him would be recruiting. That was the year we went national with under-the-radar guys like Hunte and Blissett.

Simpson working with Leonard Taylor is intriguing. The recruiting part is an unknown but I can’t imagine him being a dud out there.

Advertisement
The scheme will look totally different with better backend play and players. We need to hit on DL coach and LB coach.
perhaps, would like to see Patrick or Partridge as DL, Simpson is good developmentaly but need a recruiter as well and that is not his strength. would like to see an experienced DC as well Leavitt or Strong ..... need someone on staff that has some "fire" to avoid coming out flat as a pancake 1 or 2 times a year

perhaps, would like to see Patrick or Partridge as DL, Simpson is good developmentaly but need a recruiter as well and that is not his strength. would like to see an experienced DC as well Leavitt or Strong ..... need someone on staff that has some "fire" to avoid coming out flat as a pancake 1 or 2 times a year

need a recruiter with the DL class this year in SFL

Hiring a CB coach, now looking for a DL coach ..... looks like Baker is staying.... not good news
no matter who they hire... same scheme, same DC.....
rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Recruiting is important, but player development is just as important. If we retain DVD and/or add some other effective recruiters, I'm cool with having Simpson primarily as a trainer and shaper of the DL. We'll get the DL we want (haven't actually struggled to get highly rated DL regardless of who is coaching DL), as we show that we have a dominant DL and are preparing kids for the league.

I thought Chris coached at Michigan and landed Rashan Gary and the pair of 5 star DTs out of Georgia.
He coached LB’s & Safeties at Michigan, he landed Rashan Gary because he was his former HC at Paramus Catholic in New Jersey, he coached Gary in HS.

Chris Partridge has only been a Defensive Line coach once in his entire career when he was at The Citadel, everywhere else he’s coached, he coached LB’s & Safeties, just look it up.

He’s not a DL coach.

Recruiting is important, but player development is just as important. If we retain DVD and/or add some other effective recruiters, I'm cool with having Simpson primarily as a trainer and shaper of the DL. We'll get the DL we want (haven't actually struggled to get highly rated DL regardless of who is coaching DL), as we show that we have a dominant DL and are preparing kids for the league.
agreed, over past 10+ years we have actually recruited very good, but the fall down has been player development
across the board..... our guys do not seem to really get better. maybe with staff changes and some continuity on both side s of ball this will change

Advertisement
Probably getting promoted to DC at Colorado.

Dorrell knew manny reached out. Could’ve prompted them to fire Summers to keep Wilson. Not sure if that was the case or if it was already in the works.

Probably getting promoted to DC at Colorado.

Dorrell knew manny reached out. Could’ve prompted them to fire Summers to keep Wilson. Not sure if that was the case or if it was already in the works.
Seems like we’re running out of options.

Advertisement
Back