Chris Wilson DL Coach (potential)

Advertisement
You're right it was Dumb, dude has done well at Seattle. More of a knee-jerk statement. Because honestly he was not a very good developmental coach at the college level.

Either way, it would be a bad choice for miami, especially
His first go around I agree he was not developed as a coach. But since going to the NFL he has developed. Yes we can’t hire him at Miami because of the past but if we could he would kill it recruiting here and developing.

Advertisement
Charlie Partridge
Brick Haley
Kevin Kane (but he’s a DC, so I would bring him in as DC/DL coach).
Eli Rasheed
Joe Seumalo
Travian Robertson
Rod Wright
How about Jess Simpson, Clint Hurt, or Chris Parrtridge? They would need to be co-DC to have a chance of landing them.

Advertisement
How about Jess Simpson, Clint Hurt, or Chris Parrtridge? They would need to be co-DC to have a chance of landing them.
Chris Partridge has only been a DL coach at one stop in his entire career, which was at The Citadel, everywhere else he’s been he’s coached DB’s or LB’s, he’s not a DL coach.

I think most people on the board have him confused with Charlie Partridge, who’s from Plantation FL, coached at FAU & is current DL coach at Pitt.

Clint Hurt is another guy that only gets mentioned because he’s a former Cane,he hasn’t coached College in 8 years, he’s been in the NFL since he left Louisville, he’s not interested in coaching college.

Jess Simpson is a retread hire IMO, he was a Coach Richt hire because of his long time tenure at Buford & the familiarity he had with him at UGA, his resume isn’t reqlly all that great tbh, I think we can move on & find new blood.

Charlie Partridge
Brick Haley
Eli Rasheed
Joe Seumalo
Travian Robertson
Rod Wright
Kane is also an alumnus from my High School along with Shelby. I know him well and he’s one of my brothers best friends. He’s an awesome guy and one of the best linebackers I played with saw in high school. He is very smart and just a football player. Started 3 years at KU. He was 6’1 -220 and dint have the speed but could diagnose and play the position. I’d be over the moon if he got that type of job at Miami. He’s the DC at SMU now. Runs an attack 4-3. His philosophy would align well with Manny.

Advertisement
Charlie Partridge
Brick Haley
Eli Rasheed
Joe Seumalo
Travian Robertson
Rod Wright
Rod Wright would have overlapped Manny at Texas when he was starting his coaching career. Potential connection there.

I like Travian Robertson. Big fan of Elliott at GA State and he’s assembled a good staff. I know Tracy Rocker is an SEC staple but I was shocked Beamer didn’t give him a look as an alum at South Carolina.

Advertisement
The only reason he ever gets mentioned on here is because he’s a former Cane.

Thank you. Make it stop. I love KP as a Cane and a good dude, he always had a tapped keg at the apts. But if we hired any non-Cane with his resumé people would be hunting scalps. I think we can do better than hiring FAU position coaches.

He was with Manny at Miss State under Dan Mullen.

Started out at Northern Illinois & Indiana State, but got his big break at Colorado under Gary Barnett.

He’s a Dallas guy, he played at Oklahoma & was with Stoops from 05-09

He was also at USC for 2 years under Sarkisian & killed, he landed 5-star DT Rasheem Green, 5-star OT Chuma Edoga (who was a 3rd round pick to the Jets), 4-star DT Jacob Daniel, 4-star RB Ronald Jones (from TX, the current RB for Tampa Bay) & a bunch others. He even signed DL Allen Baugh from STA to Colorado in their 2021 class.

He’s patched in down in Texas & has good experience with some time in the NFL as well.

Wouldn’t necessarily be my top choice, but I’ve got no issue if he’s the guy Manny signs as DL coach.

I’d still hold off & see if we can get a heavy hitter at DLine coach, because the 22 class is as loaded as it’s been in almost a decade at DE & DT. Not saying this guy wouldn’t do well though.
Didn't he coach fletcher cox and leonard Williams in college too?

Chris Partridge has only been a DL coach at one stop in his entire career, which was at The Citadel, everywhere else he’s been he’s coached DB’s or LB’s, he’s not a DL coach.

I think most people on the board have him confused with Charlie Partridge, who’s from Plantation FL, coached at FAU & is current DL coach at Pitt.

Clint Hurt is another guy that only gets mentioned because he’s a former Cane,he hasn’t coached College in 8 years, he’s been in the NFL since he left Louisville, he’s not interested in coaching college.

Jess Simpson is a retread hire IMO, he was a Coach Richt hire because of his long time tenure at Buford & the familiarity he had with him at UGA, his resume isn’t reqlly all that great tbh, I think we can move on & find new blood.
I thought Chris coached at Michigan and landed Rashan Gary and the pair of 5 star DTs out of Georgia.

Advertisement
Back