Chris Wilson DL Coach (potential)

Advertisement
Hes at Colorado i think.

And even if he was w the Eagles still, you'd think he'd want off of that sinking tanking ship bc they're all about to be unemployed this time next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I got wind of it through someone on Colorado’s staff who is originally from down here and played at STA and we used to workout at the same facility in the offseason

Have not heard much since right when things got rolling. Could have been locked up quick or moved on quick. He’s a midwestern guy for the most part but Colorado to Miami is a no brainer and the manny connection.

As far as pedigree... would be hard to beat that hire at the college level.

He was with Manny at Miss State under Dan Mullen.

Started out at Northern Illinois & Indiana State, but got his big break at Colorado under Gary Barnett.

He’s a Dallas guy, he played at Oklahoma & was with Stoops from 05-09

He was also at USC for 2 years under Sarkisian & killed, he landed 5-star DT Rasheem Green, 5-star OT Chuma Edoga (who was a 3rd round pick to the Jets), 4-star DT Jacob Daniel, 4-star RB Ronald Jones (from TX, the current RB for Tampa Bay) & a bunch others. He even signed DL Allen Baugh from STA to Colorado in their 2021 class.

He’s patched in down in Texas & has good experience with some time in the NFL as well.

Wouldn’t necessarily be my top choice, but I’ve got no issue if he’s the guy Manny signs as DL coach.

I’d still hold off & see if we can get a heavy hitter at DLine coach, because the 22 class is as loaded as it’s been in almost a decade at DE & DT. Not saying this guy wouldn’t do well though.

Started out at Northern Illinois & Indiana State, but got his big break at Colorado under Gary Barnett.

He was also at USC for 2 years under Sarkisian & killed, he landed 5-star DT Rasheem Green, 5-star OT Chuma Edoga (who was a 3rd round pick to the Jets), 4-star DT Jacob Daniel, 4-star RB Ronald Jones (from TX, the current RB for Tampa Bay) & a bunch others. He even signed DL Allen Baugh from STA to Colorado in their 2021 class.

He’s patched in down in Texas & has good experience with some time in the NFL as well.

Wouldn’t necessarily be my top choice, but I’ve got no issue if he’s the guy Manny signs as DL coach.

I’d still hold off & see if we can get a heavy hitter at DLine coach, because the 22 class is as loaded as it’s been in almost a decade at DE & DT. Not saying this guy wouldn’t do well though.
The only guy I’ve seen mentioned I would even put on the same playing field is Partridge.

Beyond those 2.. idk maybe Rodney Garner is available? Bo Davis and Clint Hurtt are out of question.

Advertisement
Bo Davis is supposed to be getting the DL Coach job at Texas, especially if Sark hires Dan Quinn as his DC, they were all together in Atlanta with the Falcons a few years ago.
I'm still shocked he didn't go for his boy Tosh, one of the shadiest in the game. Hed put an end to Jimbo on the Texas trail real quick.

Advertisement
The only guy I’ve seen mentioned I would even put on the same playing field is Partridge.

Beyond those 2.. idk maybe Rodney Garner is available? Bo Davis and Clint Hurtt are out of question.
Hurtt brings nothing as a coach IMO, but yes been a **** of a dirty recruiter...lol

Whose in your top 2-3 for DL coach? Thx

This is a dumb statement. Hurtt has been coaching the NFL the last what 5-7 years? If you are an NFL coach that long you can coach.
You're right it was Dumb, dude has done well at Seattle. More of a knee-jerk statement. Because honestly he was not a very good developmental coach at the college level.

Either way, it would be a bad choice for miami, especially

Advertisement
Back