Chris Wheatley-Humphrey commits to Miami

Advertisement
Regardless of position Off/Def....if JJ wanted to close on a kid, he sent Butch. I've known this for 28yrs.
That’s incredible-Butch was the best.
If Butch would have stayed in your opinion what would he have accomplished at Miami?

Do you think he regretted leaving? I thought I heard that.

That’s incredible-Butch was the best.
If Butch would have stayed in your opinion what would he have accomplished at Miami?

Do you think he regretted leaving? I thought I heard that.
He regrets it. He still Loves UM. He wanted the job back twice....but to no avail. He had an All Star staff ready to come with him both times, but the Administration wouldn't have it. They were still ****ed about his exit. If he stays let's say from 2001-2006....I think we have 2 more NCs. It's not like he'd have forgot how to evaluate, recruit and develop until then. But with a Cheap Administration, and the $EC and their insurmountable $$$$ Bags, it would've been virtually impossible to stop Bama and Emmert.

He regrets it. He still Loves UM. He wanted the job back twice....but to no avail. He had an All Star staff ready to come with him both times, but the Administration wouldn't have it. They were still ****ed about his exit. If he stays let's say from 2001-2006....I think we have 2 more NCs. It's not like he'd have forgot how to evaluate, recruit and develop until then. But with a Cheap Administration, and the $EC and their insurmountable $$$$ Bags, it would've been virtually impossible to stop Bama and Emmert.
Good stuff-It could have been some run.

Advertisement
Congrats to the kid on hitting 2k for the season. He can only play the competition he's up against and that's generally dictated by where your parents have you go to school. He should be proud of it and even if we know (he does as well) it's not the best comp, it's still an accomplishment worthy of praise. Hope he makes a speedy recovery from that hamstring issue.

donna never wanted him. shes an idiot who went to Wisconsin and Syracuse but wanted to pretend she was the dean of an Ivy League non-football school at miami

Don't mention Butch's or his staffs names in comparison to this nonsense. Butch knew his weaknesses, that's why he had an Elite staff. Mario is a good recruiter, but nowhere near Butch's recruiting acumen, nor Butch's evaluations and development....Hence, 25 1st rounders in 6yrs, including 2 NFL HOFers, and 3 more soon to be NFL HOFers. Butch's Probation teams of 95, and 98 would beat the brakes off this team. 96 and 97 had a legitimate excuse....only 42 scholarship players....but the 97 recruiting class is the best in UM History.
Your running down of Mario is well-noted. But what does your good friend @Brooklyndee think about all this? Time to rid ourselves of this 'nonsense'?

Advertisement
Your running down of Mario is well-noted. But what does your good friend @Brooklyndee think about all this? Time to rid ourselves of this 'nonsense'?
I suspect that he’s very level headed and measured in his approach, and will say - accurately - that we have progress and a trend that’s favorable on the long arc. And that Mario needs to improve his rigidity on some points.

Advertisement
Back then....the majority thought it was solely JJ. When I met him (with Wifey) in the Keys in 98, he told me Butch never recieved the recognition he deserved for his recruiting exploits from 84-88.
I became a die hard late and when I found out Butch was on that staff I knew who got the talent. He did it twice that’s why he was the constant.

Advertisement
His coach said he injured his hamstring in the previous game and kept trying to play, but didn't want to push him any more.
THEY HAVE BEEN SPLITTING HIM WITH THE FRESHMAN RB ALOT THIS SZN.

GOT EM BURNT BECAUSE NO WAY THEY SHOULD LOSE TO BELEN.

IF YOU SAW THE GAME THE TALL SKINNY QB IS RANDY PHILLIPS JR.

What the Administration did to Butch is nothing short of a Travesty. If people really knew the entire truth about what he went through in regards to practically everything, they'd be shocked. I don't dislike Mario....I know he's a Great Husband, father and recruiter. I know he bleeds Orange & Green, that being said, for 8 million a yr, he needs to improve several facets rather Quickly.
A lot of great insight you have. Would love to hear the entire truth.

Truly heartbreaking. Like a recurring nightmare.just thinking what they did to Butch and how great our teams used to be. I always wanted him to come back. Four coaches on Butch's team including himself went on to become head football coaches in the NFL. That is unheard of. All of those future first round picks and future NFL all pro players. He could build and recruit a D-line. Those 80s teams and what he did in the NFL.

The University of Miami administration has got to be the worst travesty in college football history. From the most dominating teams in college history to the useless cheap coaching hires with zero support going to a Junkyard bowl. After Coker was gone,the best of Air Raid Mike Leach wanted to come to UM and probably broken every college passing record. They could do another 30 for 30 on the shear incompetence of these administration imbeciles naming names like the Cocaine Cowboy documentary villains. Griselda Shalala the football killer.

At least Kirk Herbstreit outed them with the truth somewhat and put them on the spot. Just a massive deep hole they have put the whole program in.

Back then....the majority thought it was solely JJ. When I met him (with Wifey) in the Keys in 98, he told me Butch never recieved the recognition he deserved for his recruiting exploits from 84-88.
And I know you know this, but want the board to see this.

Butch’s role and contributions went far beyond recruiting too. JJ made several mentions in his book about Butch’s contributions with data and overall analytical skills…he was far and away ahead of his time with the stuff he was doing in the 80s.

I’m paraphrasing, but if JJ needed something done, he had Butch take care of it with as much autonomy as JJ could muster.

Advertisement
Back