Chris Wheatley-Humphrey commits to Miami

View as article
And I know you know this, but want the board to see this.

Butch’s role and contributions went far beyond recruiting too. JJ made several mentions in his book about Butch’s contributions with data and overall analytical skills…he was far and away ahead of his time with the stuff he was doing in the 80s.

I’m paraphrasing, but if JJ needed something done, he had Butch take care of it with as much autonomy as JJ could muster.
All 100% facts....I've talked about this with Butch ad nauseum. Best Evaluator, Recruiter and developer in not only UM History...but also NCAA History. Put Saban, Osborne, etc...under what Butch had to deal with, with NO administration help whatsoever, and virtually NO Booster or NIL help, and see how they would've done.

Advertisement
Went through his latest tape, posted November 14th, 2023:

- 159 carries for 2076 yards and 16 TDs (13 yds/carry)
- fast as ****
- active, driving feet, makes him difficult to tackle, especially in the open field
- cuts are very efficient
- his comp explains why he is ranked so low, not a lot of tape vs teams that demonstrate much physically
- certainly has ways to guy with his frame, he will hit the squat rack early and hard
- runs very upright, not a lot of bend to his knees

Would not use him at corner. Have him as a RB and use him as a scatback/pass-catching RB.

Great breakdown. I think the low ranking is because he didn’t camp anywhere and the last 40 time they have on him is 4.6-4.7 which was from a few years ago. If he had camped and verified that speed and quickness that we see on tape..he’s easily a 4* and a top 200 kid. 6’0 175 with legit 4.4 speed is the type of scatback we should always have at UM coming out of HS. S&C should get him to 6’0 195 with 4.35 speed within 2 years.

Went through his latest tape, posted November 14th, 2023:

- 159 carries for 2076 yards and 16 TDs (13 yds/carry)
- fast as ****
- active, driving feet, makes him difficult to tackle, especially in the open field
- cuts are very efficient
- his comp explains why he is ranked so low, not a lot of tape vs teams that demonstrate much physically
- certainly has ways to guy with his frame, he will hit the squat rack early and hard
- runs very upright, not a lot of bend to his knees

Would not use him at corner. Have him as a RB and use him as a scatback/pass-catching RB.
Also specials, let him compete for KR day 1 and utilize that speed.

Advertisement
Back