Chris Washington - OT

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Just saw a screenshot on twitter of Ivins saying he may CB him to Miami. 6’7 OT From Overton in Nashville and they’re well coached and produce as good of talent as anyone in Tennessee. I didn’t know he was going down for the trip but I recruited him for 2 years. Granted it was an FCS program. Low rated but I really like him as a prospect.

Don’t freak out if he commits because of his rating. He will outplay it and move up and draw more P5 interest from what I’ve heard on his progression. Wait until signing day before you ***** lol. I would say he ends up a 3 star by most outlets but not as low as they have him now.

Advertisement
Just saw a screenshot on twitter of Ivins saying he may CB him to Miami. 6’7 OT From Overton in Nashville and they’re well coached and produce as good of talent as anyone in Tennessee. I didn’t know he was going down for the trip but I recruited him for 2 years. Granted it was an FCS program. Low rated but I really like him as a prospect.

Don’t freak out if he commits because of his rating. He will outplay it and move up and draw more P5 interest from what I’ve heard on his progression. Wait until signing day before you ***** lol. I would say he ends up a 3 star by most outlets but not as low as they have him now.

Thanks for sharing an different perspective on the young man. Sounds interesting, I thought the young man was leaning toward Ole Miss.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Hope he’s good but we need to stop going with projects at OL. We need guys ready to play
This is wrong and crazy, imo. There are very, very few OL who are ready to play as true frosh. You are recruiting kids who can play as RS Sophs, for the most part. If you reach to grab a kid with a bigger body as a HS kid, you’re as likely as not to miss out on the kids who develop into great OL.

We need tp evaluate well, is what we need to do. Get kids who can develop into solid OL. If we have holes, go juco or transfer.

You called it. Interesting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could be a diamond in the rough. 6'7 270LBs with plenty of size. If Ole Miss was going after him then he has huge upside. Ole Miss are usually great evaluators of O-line

Advertisement
If there's any position in football that's about projecting where a guy will be in 3-5 years, its the Oline. If there's some athletic upside here that can be coached up, and you get your share of blue-chips(like Rivers), well, this is probably the perfect mix. At a certain point you have to be able to develop and cultivate talent, and trust your own evaluations

Advertisement
Back