Chris Steele To The U?

Brent Grimes is soft as Charmin and was a top NFL corner for years.

Tackling and physicality are bonus traits for a CB, not requirements.
You are right about Grimes brother and I agree he was a really good corner but he is an exception to the norm. Most corners are mentally tough and with the 'I can't be beat" attitude. Steele seems to have all the physical traits to make it in the NFL one day but is recruiting process, his backpedaling on his commitment once he was on campus are signs.
I love the fact he is leaving **** country and I'm enjoying the meltdown up there but giving your word to a university and a few months later wanting to leave is weak.
The first time some man walks in my shower for a peek, there will be a verbal confrontation, the second time he walks in there would be a physical confrontation...end of problem.
Lets see how it plays out with Steele. TBD.

Advertisement
Compare Pat Surtain’s career high school stars to Steele’s.

Give me a break with the too soft nonsense.

If that kid is a no take we desperately need to re-evaluate who the **** is making recruiting decisions for us.

**** Steele’s numbers are way better than Surtains... sign him up.

I'll provide an even better example: Dion Sanders. Prime even admitted that he didn't like to tackle. I'll always remember him saying he use to make "business decisions" when playing certain RB's. Lol

Advertisement
@dsddcane is dead on...Steele is home sick and can't even set or enforce privacy boundaries in his dormroom? He ain't no alpha and got no dawg in him.
Our coaches called it right...he soft.

U’re misquoting Dee; he never said Steele was soft. He said the coaching staff felt he was soft b/c he wouldn’t come out and verbally commit after they tried to force him to.

Second, the dude wanted to bounce dorm rooms after Jones kept trying to play grab *** w him, and dude no doubt saw him as a weirdo. How’s that soft?

Our staff, particularly in the secondary on the def side of the ball, tend to use the terms soft, not a real Cane, only want dogs, WHEN THEY WHIFF! It’s total ineptitude, if I’m being frank. That’s y they r comfortable offering so many 3 star guys. They are ill equipped to handle highly rated guys & the drama that comes with it.

U’re misquoting Dee; he never said Steele was soft. He said the coaching staff felt he was soft b/c he wouldn’t come out and verbally commit after they tried to force him to.

Second, the dude wanted to bounce dorm rooms after Jones kept trying to play grab *** w him, and dude no doubt saw him as a weirdo. How’s that soft?

Our staff, particularly in the secondary on the def side of the ball, tend to use the terms soft, not a real Cane, only want dogs, WHEN THEY WHIFF! It’s total ineptitude, if I’m being frank. That’s y they r comfortable offering so many 3 star guys. They are ill equipped to handle highly rated guys & the drama that comes with it.
Yes...you are correct and my apologies to Dee. He said the staff evaluated him as soft. My bad.

Screenshot_2018-11-27-15-26-40-1.png

I thought you guys were just joking about Jones trying to get at Steele. Jones needs serious help.

I agree bro; I feel our comfort zone right now is going after diamonds in the rough and hoping they blow up. BUT there’s a caution to that too, b/c the ones that’s blowing up be leaving us hanging as well.

I think once we yield results on the field, consistently, we’ll be able to be Miami again. I don’t want TNM, I just want TRM (The Real Miami.)
To an extent yes. But it's not about what we show on the field as much as it is our coaches adapting the mentality of establishing our own worth... Mike knows what Miami is and has the mentality of either get on this train or get ran the fvck over. Field might as well. But I equate most of our staff in that aspect to a young boxer that being streamlined by a promoter. That talks all that **** but once he gets punched in the mouth you see what he really is. I need to see us get on the attack rather than doing everything precautionary. I ain't with that. Diamonds in the rough can be a diamond all the same but most cant get the proper value out of them IF it's there at all. We shouldnt be scared to go after anyone. I'm tired of the whole bag speech. It's not new. It's been going on forever & we got around it then. Grab ur **** nuts & get that **** done. I'm tired of seeing fspoo in our down years of moron staffs and the rest of the country exploit what's ours. WE GAVE AWAY WHATS OURS! Strictly because of incompetence. It's time to take that back. That's the only way this staff or any other proves itself to me and most I know. Just competing in the coastal is not a standard we set. That name is bought with blood. Thats our standard...

Advertisement
To an extent yes. But it's not about what we show on the field as much as it is our coaches adapting the mentality of establishing our own worth... Mike knows what Miami is and has the mentality of either get on this train or get ran the fvck over. Field might as well. But I equate most of our staff in that aspect to a young boxer that being streamlined by a promoter. That talks all that **** but once he gets punched in the mouth you see what he really is. I need to see us get on the attack rather than doing everything precautionary. I ain't with that. Diamonds in the rough can be a diamond all the same but most cant get the proper value out of them IF it's there at all. We shouldnt be scared to go after anyone. I'm tired of the whole bag speech. It's not new. It's been going on forever & we got around it then. Grab ur **** nuts & get that **** done. I'm tired of seeing fspoo in our down years of moron staffs and the rest of the country exploit what's ours. WE GAVE AWAY WHATS OURS! Strictly because of incompetence. It's time to take that back. That's the only way this staff or any other proves itself to me and most I know. Just competing in the coastal is not a standard we set. That name is bought with blood. Thats our standard...
preach!!!

While they are bonuses in most schemes they certainly arent bonuses when you rely so much on the physicality of your corners. We play the majority of the time with our corners exposed or in press. If you cant be physical enough at the wall to keep a man out of his breaks etcetera than you've lost that rep before the snap. Thanks.

While they are bonuses in most schemes they certainly arent bonuses when you rely so much on the physicality of your corners. We play the majority of the time with our corners exposed or in press. If you cant be physical enough at the wall to keep a man out of his breaks etcetera than you've lost that rep before the snap. Thanks.

I agree with your first 2 statements but not the last one. There are multiple ways to win a rep in press. You don't have to be physical with your jam to succeed in press. Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves were 2 of the best press corners in college football this decade and they succeeded with technique: patience, footwork to mirror and ball skills to finish. Certainly you can't be soft at the catch point but that's true of any DB with any coverage technique. Thanks.

I agree with your first 2 statements but not the last one. There are multiple ways to win a rep in press. You don't have to be physical with your jam to succeed in press. Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves were 2 of the best press corners in college football this decade and they succeeded with technique: patience, footwork to mirror and ball skills to finish. Certainly you can't be soft at the catch point but that's true of any DB with any coverage technique. Thanks.
As much as I hate ufag I cant critique Vernon at all. He was a very good college corner because his technique is superior and hes Very physical. In the ngl that's just not enough. Far as eli goes I've always felt hes a bum who simply succeeded because of the fact hes superior athlete. But as far as a corner he thrived from very mundane qb play in the big ten for me. As a giant hes been stricken from my memory banks though so I cant continue that conversation. Thanks. Haha regardless as rell pointed out previously this isnt me that feels chris is soft. I've always been in chris corner till he pulled his stunt with us and became a ****
At that point hes dead to me no matter my history with them. But I feel hes gonna thrive somewhere. I was relaying a conversation straight from a coaches mouth. That's all it is for me. No opinions. Just facts.

Advertisement
I like this guy he gets it....
Always enjoy your read and take Dee.

PREACH! Thank you! Pls let everyone know AGAIN that bags have been around since Adam & Eve, bro. Thank u! Got **** it felt good for a fan & former player to speak the truth!

U should be the teams voice in the locker room for the players and coaches. This post right here is facts

Advertisement
But those are completely different fake insider tropes. Methinks you need to pick one and stick with it. Are we not interested in a Top 50 cornerback or is he not interested in us?
Lot of factors beside evaluations go into an offer. There are intangibles, and that includes team chemistry.

I have no idea what the staff thinks of this kid. Sometimes you learn of negatives during the recruiting process.

Yeah, we need help. Who knows if this kid is the answer.

Advertisement
Back