Chris Steele To The U?

My understanding is that Gators wouldn’t let him switch rooms with a roommate who was doing dubious things like assault. Gators forced him to room with a thug basically. If he’s good he should come here to a respectable program
Benefits of having a thug roommate:
1. Extra cornbread

2. Extra extra sloppy seconds

Advertisement
Yes. Exactly that. He was reevaluated once he pulled his stunt and determined he is too soft. Take it for what it is. But that's from a coaches mouth.

Dee; this has been a common theme when our staff feels slighted. They deem the kid “soft.” CJ was labeled as such, and to be honest, he’s been a decent college db. I appreciate the no non-sense attitude we’re taking, but I’m not w the labels either. Highly ranked kids r going to play some games nowadays and it appears, on the outside looking in, we are ill equipped to overcome them. It appears they are the ones that fold or give up & just say a kid is not “Miami Caliber” in the process. But my question is, who or what is Miami Caliber? Is it a kid who wants to be here, a kid who’s happy to receive an offer and commits just b/c? Just my observations.

Advertisement
Manny went to visit him after Elam used his official on us. Lets stop making excuses.
Its called facts not excuses. I don't care who diaz visited. He wasted his time because neither one of them dudes was coming here. Why do you think they barely recruited elam? Because they knew he wasn't coming here.

Advertisement
Whoever account that is is a flat out liar. Maybe hes saying possible from Chris side but not ours. It would take manny saying I dont care about evaluations we need numbers.
well i mean at CB, another guy would actually be pretty legit to have. I don't think we NEED a transfer CB, but it would definitely be nice to have one who is as talented as him ESPECIALLY if he's eligible immediately. With us playing UF week 1, it could make it interesting tbh....

Dee; this has been a common theme when our staff feels slighted. They deem the kid “soft.” CJ was labeled as such, and to be honest, he’s been a decent college db. I appreciate the no non-sense attitude we’re taking, but I’m not w the labels either. Highly ranked kids r going to play some games nowadays and it appears, on the outside looking in, we are ill equipped to overcome them. It appears they are the ones that fold or give up & just say a kid is not “Miami Caliber” in the process. But my question is, who or what is Miami Caliber? Is it a kid who wants to be here, a kid who’s happy to receive an offer and commits just b/c? Just my observations.
I wish I had a answer for that. But honestly from what I've seen there isnt one. They play it by situations. Honestly I just think were too timid.

I wish I had a answer for that. But honestly from what I've seen there isnt one. They play it by situations. Honestly I just think were too timid.

I agree bro; I feel our comfort zone right now is going after diamonds in the rough and hoping they blow up. BUT there’s a caution to that too, b/c the ones that’s blowing up be leaving us hanging as well.

I think once we yield results on the field, consistently, we’ll be able to be Miami again. I don’t want TNM, I just want TRM (The Real Miami.)

Advertisement
Reads like their are burnt bridges on both sides. If he contacts UM, and UM was a high on him a everyone else, have a chat. But I wouldn't waste too much effort on him.

The ONLY reason I would even want UM to spend 2 seconds talking to him would be to disprove the "homesickness" lie that the Gaytors are telling.

Advertisement
Compare Pat Surtain’s career high school stars to Steele’s.

Give me a break with the too soft nonsense.

If that kid is a no take we desperately need to re-evaluate who the **** is making recruiting decisions for us.

Advertisement
Back