Choc Gray

Advertisement
I like this move. Hopefully he can block. I LOVED having Davenport, McGahee (at one point), Quadrine Hill at FB. More weapons on the field that can catch or run.
Was just thinking this.

Davenport and Hill were both original RBs who made the switch, and both turned out well. Shame choc only has 1 season to do it but he would be the most athletic FB we have had in a long while

I believe Andy Gustafson recruited him for the '52 class...Andy said Choc was going to be for the Hurricanes what that shiny new bomber was going to be for the Air Force. Gray and the B-52 will finish around 2052.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I get the feeling that Richt is giving a lot of these "attrition/transfer" candidate guys a final shot and either making a role for themselves or being asked to move on once Spring is over. You are seeing guys like Jahir Jones, George Brown, Choc, Terry McCrary etc, getting major reps in Day 1. I like that move by Richt. "You got 15 practices to show me you should stay around past the Spring Game. After that, we need that scholie kid."
That would be believable except we dont have a shortage of scholarships. To the contrary, we have a shortage of scholarship players.

Advertisement
He gets some looks from the NFL as a FB/ move end if he stays at that position. He could up his demand by developing a set of hands. Trey burton and Niles Paul, both in the NFL on their 2nd/3rd contracts, are making millions as players who played a different position in college. And Choc looks like he could add another 10 pounds in a week if he wanted to -- I hope this plays out.

He could transfer to a school like FAMU immediately and play right away. Especially if he has graduated. Would love for him to catch on as a FB/HB in the offense. But if that doesn't work out..whats the point of keeping him here to be the 4th-5th string RB and 2nd string FB/HB when you can advise him to go to a FCS school and play right away if he finishes his school work by summer term?

We have around 78 scholarship players. What's the point of telling him to leave again?

What if realus gets hurt? I'd much rather have Gray playing than that horrible walk on from last season.

No RS Sr is getting pushed out, we need to keep as many of these guys as we can

He gets some looks from the NFL as a FB/ move end if he stays at that position. He could up his demand by developing a set of hands. Trey burton and Niles Paul, both in the NFL on their 2nd/3rd contracts, are making millions as players who played a different position in college. And Choc looks like he could add another 10 pounds in a week if he wanted to -- I hope this plays out.

I don't know anything about those guys, but I'm guessing they had more than 1 season of film heading into the combine. No matter what Choc does, his lack of PT the last several years will hurt.

Advertisement
Back