Choc Gray

This is his last year of eligibility so the whole "ask him to transfer" thing isn't happening. The guy's always been a better athlete than football player but he's never *****ed or caused any problems, so I'm hoping he can get some action in his new role of FB/HB.

Advertisement
I get the feeling that Richt is giving a lot of these "attrition/transfer" candidate guys a final shot and either making a role for themselves or being asked to move on once Spring is over. You are seeing guys like Jahir Jones, George Brown, Choc, Terry McCrary etc, getting major reps in Day 1. I like that move by Richt. "You got 15 practices to show me you should stay around past the Spring Game. After that, we need that scholie kid."
We have plenty of schollies. We are not pushing anyone out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It ain’t over till it’s over. Giant fast strong dude. Maybe he can make a play here or there to help us win.
gettyimages-858775552.jpg
Not everyone stars for 4 years.

Isn't Choc done after this year? What would be the point in asking him to leave after spring?

He could transfer to a school like FAMU immediately and play right away. Especially if he has graduated. Would love for him to catch on as a FB/HB in the offense. But if that doesn't work out..whats the point of keeping him here to be the 4th-5th string RB and 2nd string FB/HB when you can advise him to go to a FCS school and play right away if he finishes his school work by summer term?

Advertisement
Back