Chickillo

Advertisement
If he wants to gain 25 lbs of muscle, I'm good with that...I just don't want to see him gain 25lbs of weight. If he gains 25lbs of muscle in concert with losing, say, 12 lbs of baby fat, that's just fine by me. I don't want to see him heavy, stiff and immobile, however.

That's the key, let it be good weight, gain some explosion.

About 10-15 good weight. Really work hard on a couple more moves and with his mindset he will be a pain in the @ss to block by anyone.

the "jerk of the jersey" you speak of is better known as a "rip"

A rip and a jerk are actually different moves. A jerk involves using both your hands to jerk the defender forward and use his leverage against him. A rip involves getting your inside arm under the blockers arm pit and using the outside arm to grab his arm and complete the rip.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;i8htwCBIqhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8htwCBIqhk[/video]

[video=youtube;21Sg4vDSCnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Sg4vDSCnM&feature=related[/video]

I see what you're saying DMoney but would losing weight really make that much difference?

He's just not a quick guy and while that might help a little bit in the speed rush, I think he's been really effective following the plays(especially runs or QB sneaks) and he's usually fighting off blocks to do so.

I just don't think quickness would ever be his thing.

There is no way any human, let alone Chickillo, could gain 25 pounds of muscle in 3-4 months, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think some more muscle will help him, just like it helped Vernon who looked dominant at times this year.

Oh yeah, and this.

Advertisement
I see what you're saying DMoney but would losing weight really make that much difference?

He's just not a quick guy and while that might help a little bit in the speed rush, I think he's been really effective following the plays(especially runs or QB sneaks) and he's usually fighting off blocks to do so.

I just don't think quickness would ever be his thing.

Very fair, and Able's Justin Smith comparison rings true because he is an every down player. It depends how weight his frame can hold before he starts getting puffed up.

Golden coached Chris Long at UVA. They seem to have somewhat similar frames and skills. The issue for both is quickness. Both have good motors but don't get off the ball well. Long left UVA around 270.

Advertisement
I hate this idea. He's big enough already. Playing physical hasn't been a problem.

In my opinion, he should lose weight. He needs to improve his quickness. All of his sacks have been coverage sacks based on hustle. He's not a good pass rusher yet.

Bad, bad idea.

I agree, he's not as quick as you would like....heck, I think Vernon's lost some burst. How big were Medaris, Krein, and Patrick back in the day? They couldn't have been over 235-240.... And they flew off the ball.

Advertisement
Back