Chickillo

There is no way any human, let alone Chickillo, could gain 25 pounds of muscle in 3-4 months, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think some more muscle will help him, just like it helped Vernon who looked dominant at times this year.

Advertisement
I hate this idea. He's big enough already.
no.......hes not

no way hes going to gain 25 pounds of just muscle......but 10 pounds of muscle plus a growth spurt is very possible

dont forget the kid is still just 18........he still has some growing to do

Playing physical hasn't been a problem.
no it hasnt.......but being "out-physical'd" has been.........theres a very big reason there isnt much in his repitore beyond the speed rush right now

In my opinion, he should lose weight.
if the plan was to move him to LB.......i would agree......but it isnt......right now hes probably realistically 250.......thats small for a DE

He needs to improve his quickness. All of his sacks have been coverage sacks based on hustle. He's not a good pass rusher yet.
you are confusing quickness and explosiveness.......hes not a good pass rusher because as many true freshman DE would......hes getting beat off the ball.......and because hes often overmatched up top........he struggles to get off blocks and doesnt have any sort of power rush to rely on

Bad, bad idea.
disagree 100%
no way hes going to gain 25 pounds of just muscle......but 10 pounds of muscle plus a growth spurt is very possible

dont forget the kid is still just 18........he still has some growing to do

I see him being a 3-4 type of end, where he can play some DT as well in college. I dont think hes ever going to be a speed rusher. He is relentless with good technique

Advertisement
I see him being a 3-4 type of end, where he can play some DT as well in college. I dont think hes ever going to be a speed rusher. He is relentless with good technique
i sort of agree with the 3-4 end.......but i see him more of 3-4 DE/OLB hybrid type guy instead.......right now......all he is......is a speed rusher

If he wants to gain 25 lbs of muscle, I'm good with that...I just don't want to see him gain 25lbs of weight. If he gains 25lbs of muscle in concert with losing, say, 12 lbs of baby fat, that's just fine by me. I don't want to see him heavy, stiff and immobile, however.

no it hasnt.......but being "out-physical'd" has been.........theres a very big reason there isnt much in his repitore beyond the speed rush right now

What speed rush?

The one move Chick's had success with is the same move he's always used: bullrush followed by a jerk of the jersey.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Chick against the run and as a complete football player, and a little concerned about him as a pass rusher. He needs more quickness.

He needs to get in the film room and learn some legit pass rush moves.

Like DMoney said, his size isn't the issue. He just needs to learn some technique.

Advertisement
I too think he could use 10-15 pounds for next season. I think he can carry 275 and still improve his quickness.

What speed rush?

The one move Chick's had success with is the same move he's always used: bullrush followed by a jerk of the jersey.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Chick against the run and as a complete football player, and a little concerned about him as a pass rusher. He needs more quickness.
by saying thats the only move hes been successful with......you just gave an example as to why speed and explosiveness isnt his problem

a bull rush is basically knocking the guy across from you off balance by getting off the ball quicker and rushing right through him....cant do that if you arent quick

the "jerk of the jersey" you speak of is better known as a "rip"

beat the guy off the ball.....as he he makes his first step forward......grab his jersey or shoulder pads and pull him forward and down......using his momentum to take him out of position to block you and get by him

the fact he does both well are actually proof that his strength is actually his speed

the fact that he has trouble getting off a block when engaged is proof that his biggest weakness is his inability to over power a stronger OL

He needs to get in the film room and learn some legit pass rush moves.
Like DMoney said, his size isn't the issue. He just needs to learn some technique.
that isnt his problem

and his size isnt the issue.......but as he grows.....adding some strength wouldnt hurt him
hes doing well with what hes got to work with

Advertisement
From what I seen of Chick, he's not a speed rush guy... He's a physical DE who can play the run and the pass tho.. Instead of trying to make him into something he might not be, why not improve on what got him here?? I'd love to see this kid around 280 his senior year. He'd be big enough and strong to be a dominant DE. You dont have to be Dwight Freeney 2.0 to be effective!

Justin Smith.

Not a bad comparison. Both are freakishly strong, technically sound, and play hard! With the D that D'Onofrio want to put here, Chick will be a HUGE asset..

Let Ricardo Williams, Kinsey (possibly), Dwayne Hoilett, and/or Josh Witt (from the Highlights Ive seen he looks more natural rushing the passer) be pass-rushers. Chick will collapse the other side of the pocket and, as a team, we force sacks or off-balance throws.

Advertisement
Justin Smith.

Not a bad comparison. Both are freakishly strong, technically sound, and play hard! With the D that D'Onofrio want to put here, Chick will be a HUGE asset..

Let Ricardo Williams, Kinsey (possibly), Dwayne Hoilett, and/or Josh Witt (from the Highlights Ive seen he looks more natural rushing the passer) be pass-rushers. Chick will collapse the other side of the pocket and, as a team, we force sacks or off-balance throws.
im just thinking about next years DL instead

chick.......vernon.......forston and ojomo as a starting 4 is pretty ******* good

justin smith comparison? why because he's white?? that's the only end you could think of that Chick compares to?

vanden-bosch, long, and aaron kampman are upset right now

justin smith comparison? why because he's white?? that's the only end you could think of that Chick compares to?

vanden-bosch, long, and aaron kampman are upset right now
****, Trace Armstrong is ****ed right now too, along with Jared Allen and Grant Winstrom

Advertisement
Back