Chick speaks out on Mark D’Onofrio/Golden Era

And Wisconsin actually had a pretty **** good defense last year. What the **** do they want that guy around for? Smh.

Advertisement
Slightly off subject but it’s weird that Major Applewhite kind of fell off a cliff. He got fired for going 15-11 at Houston and did the coach rehab at Alabama for two seasons but could only parlay that into a QB coaching job at South Alabama?

Slightly off subject but it’s weird that Major Applewhite kind of fell off a cliff. He got fired for going 15-11 at Houston and did the coach rehab at Alabama for two seasons but could only parlay that into a QB coaching job at South Alabama?
You have to really have a passion for college coaching to literally start from scratch when you were as far into your career as he was at one point.

Advertisement
You have to really have a passion for college coaching to literally start from scratch when you were as far into your career as he was at one point.
It’s wild because Applewhite has generally been successful as a position coach and OC. He wasn’t even terrible as a HC but he did make the fatal error of hiring D’Onofrio. There’s a bunch of worse coaches than him with better jobs.

Failure makes a great teacher. But Dorito is such a stubborn *** (and not very smart at that) that I doubt he's learned anything from his Miami and Houston experiences. Probably just blaming others and making excuses.

We've had that hubris/stubborness/stupidity streak in so many of our corches. Radio, ***, Dorito, Lispy. Even Richt and Lashlee took too long to adapt to the realities on the gruond. But at least those two were smart and eventually made adjustments. Most of our staphs were incapable of learning.

What's amusing for that screenshot of the email was that Major emailed it to Marcus Tubbs. Kind of like "get a load of this crap" email.

Advertisement
meh. I call bullchit that Golden and dingleberry messed up his college career. he played the position HE and DADDY wanted...!!! he was just not good enough as a DE. he got manhandle by OT's all day long. he re-discovered his speed in trying to slim down for the NFL combine. his only hope was as a special teams player. as it turned out he got lucky as chit as he still had his wheels. if NFL hadn't become a such a specialty league he would be coaching somewhere right now. anyways, good for him, but he should really shut the F up and count his blessing...
Naw, yu get the foh ****ting on any cane is crazy let alone a legacy! Go to wisconsin with dno and be his hype man!

I get angry at Golden but it blows my mind how ANY school would hire No D. Every single place he goes to the team/fanbase ends up hating him at the end of his tenure. He should have been tried in a court of law for the purposeful sabotage he committed against Miami Hurricanes football.
Wisconsin is next just hired him as middle linebackers coach!

Advertisement
I'm just thankful it's "former Houston DC" instead of Former Miami DC...
Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Failure makes a great teacher. But Dorito is such a stubborn *** (and not very smart at that) that I doubt he's learned anything from his Miami and Houston experiences. Probably just blaming others and making excuses.

We've had that hubris/stubborness/stupidity streak in so many of our corches. Radio, ***, Dorito, Lispy. Even Richt and Lashlee took too long to adapt to the realities on the gruond. But at least those two were smart and eventually made adjustments. Most of our staphs were incapable of learning.
That’s mostly par for the course.
Most coaches at that level are control freaks and stubborn. You have to be so convinced in yourself and in what you are doing to make it that far.

Advertisement
"I stopped talking to [former head coach] Al Golden and [former defensive coordinator] Mark D’Onofrio week 8 or 9 of my senior season. It was tough. I kind of just cut them off and then cut off the Miami media. I took it out on the wrong people. The Miami fan base is passionate and I was looked at as the guy who would help bring us back and it didn’t turn out that way. When people are saying you suck all the time, as a young kid it was easy to be affected"

"The NFL career, which Chickillo now savors as an outside linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers after recently signing his second contract worth $8 million, did come. But the collegiate All-American status? Forget it. And that phone call from a UM Sports Hall of Fame representative delivering the precious news? He doesn’t expect it."

“My biggest dream turned into a nightmare,’’ said Chickillo, a five-star prospect from Tampa whose draft stock plummeted after former coaches had him gain 40 pounds and turned him into a lumbering defensive tackle instead of the explosive, speedy, 6-3, 245-pound All-American pass-rushing defensive end he became at Tampa Alonso High."

"Chickillo said he met new UM coach Manny Diaz and toured the indoor practice facility in February on his way to McDermott’s bachelor party. “It was incredible and I’m really happy for the players,’’ he said. “We’ve come such a long way. Manny said he wishes he could have had me. His scheme is incredible and I wish I could have played in it.’’

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article230111159.html
This is why recruiting should be a career-business decision and not emotional or financial. Look at the track record of the school and coaching staff first and foremost.

Advertisement
Back