Chase Smith Commits

We need to change our approach. In the matchup game, our Strikers should be covering TEs and RBs more often... We need to get the right personnel on the field and allow a 3rd CB to cover the slot. Cut out all this open field coverage of slot WRs by unequipped personnel. I don’t want this kid chasing slot WRs unless it’s a situational TE. A sudo safety covering the slot is a bad matchup for us. I don’t like it. Even Finley took a huge step backwards last year. I just think we will stymie the kids growth and true development by using him as a Striker AND allowing him to be coached by Patke.

6EC6B2E3-51A3-454A-914A-ADCDDA377EE2.jpeg

We don’t need to see **** like this again. Get a third corner on the field and stop being complete idiots with our matchups and play-calling.

Advertisement
This is just false. The Steelers have been using it for years, as have a number of other teams. A ton of college teams have “strikers”, they just have a different but equally stupid name for the spot. UF, Auburn, and Bama call theirs the star, South Carolina is the spur, ND and Texas have the rover, Michigan is the viper.

I don’t know one Cfb team that has a version of the striker... they have a hybrid position on their defense but it’s not like the striker.

View attachment 128694

We don’t need to see **** like this again. Get a third corner on the field and stop being complete idiots with our matchups and play-calling.
Not to be that guy but there was a third corner on the field for this particular play. Bandy is just aligned in bad spot trying to disguise defense and is out leveraged with slot wr, he should of been locked up with him..

Advertisement
I don’t know one Cfb team that has a version of the striker... they have a hybrid position on their defense but it’s not like the striker.
It’s the same freaking thing as every other team. It’s a hybrid position. Va Tech had it for years. So did FSU. Now, every team in the SEC uses it. San Diego St has been using it the past few years.

Advertisement
This is what he told Rivals:

Smith has decided to play Striker at Miami. He was previously choosing between wide receiver, linebacker and Striker.

“I committed to coach (Manny) Diaz last night,” “He’s as excited as we are. They were just saying they want to talk to me more about how Striker fits in their defense, how much of a vital position it is. They said stay in shape. And I’ll be there in January.”

Not to be that guy but there was a third corner on the field for this particular play. Bandy is just aligned in bad spot trying to disguise defense and is out leveraged with slot wr, he should of been locked up with him..

Not being that guy. All good.

“...and play-calling...” Should have been locked up.

Smith has decided to play Striker at Miami. He was previously choosing between wide receiver, linebacker and Striker.

“I committed to coach (Manny) Diaz last night,” “He’s as excited as we are. They were just saying they want to talk to me more about how Striker fits in their defense, how much of a vital position it is. They said stay in shape. And I’ll be there in January.”
I lowkey hope he still gets a crack at WR. Dude film is bawse af.. True definition of athlete, can play multiple positions..

Advertisement
If I'm Baker I'm scheming up a sub package for next year to have Chase Smith, James Williams, Avery Huff, Sam Brooks, Keontra Smith, Jalen Harrell & Kamren Kinchens all on the field at the same time.

We low key got like 3 Freakish Isaiah Simmons style athletes in terms of length, quick-twitch & explosiveness.

Absolutely insane man...
Love this.
And call that formation the 454, an ode to size, power and speed, the American way.

All the **** time.

Amari Daniels will be one in this class, same with Tyler Johnson & I wasn't crazy about Daz Worsham in the 2020 class & Marquezz Ezzard in the 2019 class either.

When Diamonte Howard was committed I was saying he wasn't Miami caliber from the jump, when we had Artur Sitkowski committed I was heavily saying we needed to drop him.

****, I'm probably one of the few on the board that's not crazy about Savion Collins, I think he has great physical upside but I really question his work ethic & how hard of a worker he'll be.

And I never felt Herbert should've been an OT, I always thought he should've been moved to Guard, idk why he hasn't.

All I do is give my opinion & call it as I see it, but I never say shìt I don't believe or push any narrative that's not true to what I feel. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I don't ever tell anyone what they should or should not think. You all have your own eyes & brain & are free to use it as you so please.
This is the only part I don’t agree with

This. ☝🏾

I'm guessing most people missed it or just forgot, but I posted in my Chase Smith thread about a few weeks ago that the staff told him he could pick whichever side of the ball he wanted to play & it was totally up to him.

Diaz had been talking with his Dad & HC (who played CB for Diaz at Miss St) & told both of them that they view Chase as a top priority in the class & they just wanted him in the program.

If he wanted to play WR Diaz & staff would've honored that & let him play WR with no issue, he could basically pick any spot he wanted & we were going to let him play it.

He chose Striker because that's the position he was transitioning to at Bayside, his coach uses him all over the field at WR, LB, S & lets him play wherever he wants, but Striker is the position Chase himself loves playing the most.

Advertisement
This. ☝🏾

I'm guessing most people missed it or just forgot, but I posted in my Chase Smith thread about a few weeks ago that the staff told him he could pick whichever side of the ball he wanted to play & it was totally up to him.

Diaz had been talking with his Dad & HC (who played CB for Diaz at Miss St) & told both of them that they view Chase as a top priority in the class & they just wanted him in the program.

If he wanted to play WR Diaz & staff would've honored that & let him play WR with no issue, he could basically pick any spot he wanted & we were going to let him play it.

He chose Striker because that's the position he was transitioning to at Bayside, his coach uses him all over the field at WR, LB, S & lets him play wherever he wants, but Striker is the position Chase himself loves playing the most.
It’s about to become the sexiest position on D in the League as well.

This. ☝🏾

3E8E35FF-42F0-4D14-A1BF-ABD3E4A67218.gif

This. ☝🏾

I believe it was a great decision by the young man. Watching his high school film I always felt he would or should play defense in college

Advertisement
Back