Charlie Strong

Advertisement
How would you guys feel if we go after him as our next HC? I think that would be a slam dunk hire to us to be honest. I've read he's not 100% happy at Texas.

Terrible gameday coach. Just horrendous game management. Good X's and O's guy and gets most out of his guys. But no way would i want him here.

The boosters will be fine with him if he starts winning. Winning cures all.

the boosters over there dont like him, well, because he's black and he knows that. Strong would absolutely jump ship to Miami if given the opportunity. Dude loves Florida. Contract wouldnt be an issue.
I don't think being black is that much of a problem; its being black and married to a white woman that really sticks in their Jim Crow craw.

Advertisement
I don't think it would be a home run hire. I think it would be a grand slam, walk off the field, home run hire.

In a dream world my choices of coaches in the NCAA now would be Gary Patterson and Charlie Strong. Remember what Charlie STrong did with the defensive talent we could get in south florida? gators titles. Gary Patterson always has a top defense. Chip Kelly sure would be a blast with S FL talent..

the boosters over there dont like him, well, because he's black and he knows that. Strong would absolutely jump ship to Miami if given the opportunity. Dude loves Florida. Contract wouldnt be an issue.
I don't think being black is that much of a problem; its being black and married to a white woman that really sticks in their Jim Crow craw.

If you have ever been to Austin, being black or black man marrying a white women means little to nothing, its probably the most liberal city in the south. Its the California of the south.

Advertisement
1. Gary Pinkel
2. Gary Patterson
3. Gary Busey
4. Gary Payton

Give me any of them if Butch is a no-go. Instant upgrades. Pass on Strong.

Last edited:

If you have ever been to Austin, being black or black man marrying a white women means little to nothing, its probably the most liberal city in the south. Its the California of the south.

It's not the city of Austin itself that's the problem, it's all of the old, conservative, rich Texas oil money boo$ters outside of Austin that are the problem. You could see it when Strong was hired and that one prominent boo$ter spoke out, saying he was a position coach at best, despite his success at Louisville.

Advertisement
Our only hope with Patterson is that TCU gets passed over and shafted by the playoff committee again this season. At that point he may realize that TCU will always be at a disadvantage compared to other schools.

This will never happen unless he's a catastrophic failure at Texas and then at that point why would we want him?

Advertisement
no one should hire anyone that cannot win at TEXAS....MAC Brown won at TEXAS FOLKS..MAC BROWN

CS should have stayed in Louisville...under the radar and could have won or loss without pressure

well one thing about charlie strongs success at louisville. the year randy shannon got fired, he flipped alot of those kids. his success was built around that class. i dont think he was going to maintain that high level for too much longer. he knew it and cashed in.

If we hire another defensive coordinator as head coach the program is finished.

Please don't use Saban as example.

Offense wins in college football today unless you are Alabama and land a 5 star at every position.

Last edited:
You think Charlie Strong was the reason the Gators won? Me thinks it had more to do with Urban.

In a dream world my choices of coaches in the NCAA now would be Gary Patterson and Charlie Strong. Remember what Charlie STrong did with the defensive talent we could get in south florida? gators titles. Gary Patterson always has a top defense. Chip Kelly sure would be a blast with S FL talent..

Advertisement
Back