Charlie Strong

ASAP305

Recruit
How would you guys feel if we go after him as our next HC? I think that would be a slam dunk hire to us to be honest. I've read he's not 100% happy at Texas.

Advertisement
he's already on the hot seat. Honeslty, he's better than schiano, mario, etc. he would kill recruiting down here.

the boosters over there dont like him, well, because he's black and he knows that. Strong would absolutely jump ship to Miami if given the opportunity. Dude loves Florida. Contract wouldnt be an issue.

Strong is on the hot seat after 1 year? I think they'll give him at least 2 more years before they boot him. From reports they apparently love him in Texas. He's a good coach but I think it's a long shot.

Advertisement
The Texas boosters wanted Saban or Jimbo.....Strong was a letdown. One prominent booster even called him a decent position coach. That being said, I think he would be an awesome hire at Miami!!!!

Advertisement
The only way we would be interested is if Strong was canned, so there would be no buyout.

Advertisement
Miami won't pay Golden's buy out after a 6-7 season. Why would they pay Charlie Strong's buyout, which is probably over $10 million.

He would be great at Miami but I just don't think we choose a candidate with a contract to buyout. We will hire a coordinator, small school coach with cheap contract/buyout or hire someone who is out of a job right now.

He is not leaving Texas for at least another 2 years, the boosters and fans will give him at least that amount of time, so its unlikely he will come here.

However a name that could be available, if he has another down season, is Bob Stoops. IMO he is one of a few home run hires that UM could make. How would you guys feel about him?

he's already on the hot seat. Honeslty, he's better than schiano, mario, etc. he would kill recruiting down here.

He hasn't done that well at Texas now that his bag boy Clint Hurt is gone.

Mack brown left a complete disaster . Horrible lockerroom , players out of control and worst of all no talent. Which is amazing at Texas.

Advertisement
Some other names to watch this year are Justin Fuente and Tom Herman. These are some up and comers that with a good season could be on UM radar.

Some other names to watch this year are Justin Fuente and Tom Herman. These are some up and comers that with a good season could be on UM radar.

Al Golden was supposed to be an up and coming coach. I'll pass, I would prefer a proven coach. Ala Butch Davis. But Charlie would kill down in Miami.

As much as I don't want a "hot" college assistant or an "up and comer" from the likes of Memphis or SE Louisiana Tech Junior College, I absolutely don't want a college "name" coming off a big failure at another big stage school. I'm still not convinced Strong is even a decent head corch without Clint Hurtt types doing his dirty work. Plus, UiF will probably go after him in 2 years when he's free, every other big name laughs at them and they just bought out the toofy ba$tard they just hired.

Last edited:
Charlie is making 5mil and his buyout is for sure over 10mil. This would never happen IMO but I do like the thinking outside the box of normal names. If we made the decision that we were willing to pay 5mil for a coach then we could lure just about anybody.

Advertisement
Back