Charlie Strong

the boosters over there dont like him, well, because he's black and he knows that. Strong would absolutely jump ship to Miami if given the opportunity. Dude loves Florida. Contract wouldnt be an issue.
I don't think being black is that much of a problem; its being black and married to a white woman that really sticks in their Jim Crow craw.

If you have ever been to Austin, being black or black man marrying a white women means little to nothing, its probably the most liberal city in the south. Its the California of the south.

It's not the city of Austin itself that's the problem, it's all of the old, conservative, rich Texas oil money boo$ters outside of Austin that are the problem. You could see it when Strong was hired and that one prominent boo$ter spoke out, saying he was a position coach at best, despite his success at Louisville.

The city is a representative of the people that make up UT, its fans and alumni. Red McCombs, although a prominent booster at UT, I doubt represents the view of their fans, alumni and boosters any more than the UM fans that launched racial slurs at Randy Shannon on some of these message boards.

Also, while old conservative and rich, most of the Texas boosters did not make their money in the oil industry. That's a sterotype of Texas businessman popularized by the TV show Dallas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How would you guys feel if we go after him as our next HC? I think that would be a slam dunk hire to us to be honest. I've read he's not 100% happy at Texas.

Terrible gameday coach. Just horrendous game management. Good X's and O's guy and gets most out of his guys. But no way would i want him here.

This. He's a top Bag man. He will NOT win at Texas. Coker Homeskooled him in a bowl game

the boosters over there dont like him, well, because he's black and he knows that. Strong would absolutely jump ship to Miami if given the opportunity. Dude loves Florida. Contract wouldnt be an issue.
I don't think being black is that much of a problem; its being black and married to a white woman that really sticks in their Jim Crow craw.

If you have ever been to Austin, being black or black man marrying a white women means little to nothing, its probably the most liberal city in the south. Its the California of the south.

It's not the city of Austin itself that's the problem, it's all of the old, conservative, rich Texas oil money boo$ters outside of Austin that are the problem. You could see it when Strong was hired and that one prominent boo$ter spoke out, saying he was a position coach at best, despite his success at Louisville.

That booster hasn't been proven wrong so far, has he? Present day Texans couldn't give a flying **** about a black HC, a black HC with white wife that can win games!

So far, Charlie's been a whole lot of Strong Talk, core values & virtues about how you can't ever hit a white woman and still be on his team no matter what the reparation from or rehabilitation by offender may be; I guess Charlie Strong is a God. But still, Texans don't really give a whole funk about that if Charlie wins some rivals games. They really don't care for Charlie throwing good white boyz off the team but are cautiously waiting if all these noise turns into wins. Charlie has rustled way too many feathers with all his noise and no wins beyond a .500 mark. Win some big games, and Texans would feel fantastic for Charlie, Gal, and their mestizanites children, but OU, TA&M and many others others in the conference have much to put up against that, so we will see.

There may not be a Hurtt to save the day for Strong, but neither are your basic below par coaches and their lowly asst coaches in some middling conference that Louisville came from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back