Character

Well, I agree; to get the chips, you need the players. My point is, who cares if you have the players when you don't have the culture? So I cited examples of programs who are at least relevant, w/o the fertile recruiting classes, yet they are vying for conference titles and relevant bowl games b/c of their culture. What would those programs do if they were recruiting in the top 10-15 classes v. top 30-40 classes? We should, at least, be vying for a ACCCG invite every year, at the least, based upon our talent compared to the rest of the Coastal, yet we look as if we're the team full of 2 stars every year. (see LA Tech, CMU, and FIU)

It’s definitely a mixture of the two . Culture/coaching / scheme and the talent. Hence why I was using zook vs Meyer. A great coach has a great culture . Scheme , hiring great assistants and finding the players who fit are all under the same tree.

Advertisement
Character matters, that’s why the Patriots chose a white supremacist punter.

The only characteristics that matter in football are talent and 🤐.

Don’t question **** and don’t rock the boat.
As a Patriots fan, this is concerning, but I can only take the kid at his word … for now.

…Still, the Patriots’ pick wasn’t without a bit of controversy, as during his conference call with the media Saturday, Rohrwasser was asked about a tattoo on his left arm — three roman numerals surrounded by a circle of stars.

The symbol is said to represent the “Three Percenters,” a far-right militia movement and paramilitary group. There was a lot of controversy surrounding this group when it provided security at the violent Charlottesville rally in 2017.

“I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time,” Rohrwasser said. “Obviously, it’s evolved into something that I do not want to represent. When I look back on it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol like that on my body, and it’s not something I ever want to represent. It will be covered.”

In College, two most important factors to building a winning program is the HC & his ability to accumulate talent.

Leadership by the HC, his coaching acumen & his recruiting supersede all IMO.

Character is huge, it's very important, but the best HC's can win with a team full of juvenile delinquents due to his leadership being able to command respect & his ability to coach on the field.

Clemson doesn't have a locker room full of Christian Missionaries, no winning program does. Clemson, LSU, Bama, Oh St, Oklahoma etc all have high maintenance divas & knucklehead kids off the field, the difference is they have HC's who understand how to deal with those players & can get them to buy into the overall culture & structure of the program.

If you took away all the bad character kids from Saban he would've never won as many Natty's as he did. Same goes for Urby & the rest. Even Bobby Bowden wouldn't have been as great if he didn't/couldn't recruit & coach knuckleheads.

As a HC, if you can't win with some problem child's, you'll never win in college, a roster full of choir boys ain't contending for the playoffs anytime soon.

It's simple to me, find a Good HC who knows wtf he's doing from a X's & O's standpoint & knows how to recruit & you'll win a lot of games, doesn't matter if you have a team full of felons or a team full of homeless shelter volunteers.

It all starts with the Head Coach, you have a good HC & he'll build you a winner. The only thing that can stand in the way of a good HC is a ****** AD & a cheap Board of trustees.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Patriots fan, this is concerning, but I can only take the kid at his word … for now.

…Still, the Patriots’ pick wasn’t without a bit of controversy, as during his conference call with the media Saturday, Rohrwasser was asked about a tattoo on his left arm — three roman numerals surrounded by a circle of stars.

The symbol is said to represent the “Three Percenters,” a far-right militia movement and paramilitary group. There was a lot of controversy surrounding this group when it provided security at the violent Charlottesville rally in 2017.

“I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time,” Rohrwasser said. “Obviously, it’s evolved into something that I do not want to represent. When I look back on it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol like that on my body, and it’s not something I ever want to represent. It will be covered.”

He didn’t get it in high school. More importantly, he wasn’t a teenager as he kept showing it off and he is covering it not removing it, because at the end of the day, it’s EXACTLY what he wants to represent. Most importantly, the Patriots thought it was worth the **** show to draft a kicker in the 5th round.

Advertisement
He didn’t get it in high school. More importantly, he wasn’t a teenager as he kept showing it off and he is covering it not removing it, because at the end of the day, it’s EXACTLY what he wants to represent. Most importantly, the Patriots thought it was worth the **** show to draft a kicker in the 5th round.
Again, I have my doubts, but I’ll take him at his word … for now.

Advertisement
Back