Chantz Williams this season

Advertisement
I'm almost resigned to say that most of our recent signing classes [especially on the defensive side of the ball] under the previous administration are JAGs. And I hate to think that.

Ishmael
Troutman
Tyler Johnson
Thomas Davis
Allen Haye

Chantz
Jalen Harrell
Dunson
Key Washington
Cave
Marcus Clarke
Balom
Flagg

Huff
Harvey
Couch
Cam Williams
Brooks
Holley

None of these guys would have been Canes if Mario was the HC during their signing periods. Downvote me. I deserve it. But it's what I think.
Ishmael, Huff, Brooks, Harvey would all likely have been recruited by any Miami coaching staff. Brooks was the next superstar from the West before his injury in HS.

The rest I tend to agree with

I'm almost resigned to say that most of our recent signing classes [especially on the defensive side of the ball] under the previous administration are JAGs. And I hate to think that.

Ishmael
Troutman
Tyler Johnson
Thomas Davis
Allen Haye

Chantz
Jalen Harrell
Dunson
Key Washington
Cave
Marcus Clarke
Balom
Flagg

Huff
Harvey
Couch
Cam Williams
Brooks
Holley

None of these guys would have been Canes if Mario was the HC during their signing periods. Downvote me. I deserve it. But it's what I think.
Everyone gets a fresh start now. What chance does a defensive player really have being coached by frauds like Manny & Patke. Most of that list may be JAGS but real coaches will get something out of most of them.

Advertisement

Ishmael
Troutman
Tyler Johnson
Thomas Davis
Allen Haye

Chantz
Jalen Harrell
Dunson
Key Washington
Cave
Marcus Clarke
Balom
Flagg

Huff
Harvey
Couch
Cam Williams
Brooks
Holley

Balom is a player. I think Clarke, Chantz and Cave can add something, but the rest of this list is pretty spot on

I keep hearing mixed stories about this kids recruitment when he came out. I thought he was a big time get but other are saying he was lukewarm. I just remember him being a freak athlete at DE.

He flashed some last year but going into his 3rd year we need more then just flashes. We need a double digit sack guy.
IIRC there were *** rumors during his recruitment that made SEC schools back off

Ishmael
Troutman
Tyler Johnson
Thomas Davis
Allen Haye

Chantz
Jalen Harrell
Dunson
Key Washington
Cave
Marcus Clarke
Balom
Flagg

Huff
Harvey
Couch
Cam Williams
Brooks
Holley

IMHO, Ishmael, Chantz, Cave, Huff, Harvey, Brooks would have been recruited hard. Balom a plan B kid. Rest? Not so sure.

Chantz and Cave are freaks, they should be making highlight plays. Brooks was unstoppable pre injury and that one bowl game proves he still has talent. No idea how/why he got buried so deep, I was convinced Harvey was our next "find" like Joe Jackson and Rousseau. He certainly looked the part in his camp highlights.

Seeing those kids and Roberts marginalized or playing under their potential has been a huge head scratcher for me. I hope this defensive staff untaps that ability, because it's there.

He's good when being slanted inside on the end.

Solid Strong side End...i think he will be somewhat productive this year.

The real disappointment to me was Jah Harvey more so than Chantz. Harvey has the bend around the corner n when i seen him at 2 camps b4 coming to UM he was basically unblockable by all guys that start now in college.

Im still a bit iffy about the edge guys and think we need to add the ucla kid or another guy to the mix...

I think Chantz could be like a Baraka Atkins here...
Big facts, completely agree

Advertisement
Id rather give most of the DE reps to Scott, Nyjalik and Cyrus Moss.

Scott Litch. / Elijah Rob. / Chantz

Nyjalik Kelly / Cyrus Moss / Harvey

Chantz had a lot of athletic ability out of HS. My recollection was he had good speed and length. I’d expect a jump this year.

He’s got premium speed and really good strength for his size. Supposedly, he’s not very fluid and plays a bit stiff. He’s a strong side end that can set the edge and pick up hustle sacks. A good comparison would be Chad Thomas.

Advertisement
Ishmael, Huff, Brooks, Harvey would all likely have been recruited by any Miami coaching staff. Brooks was the next superstar from the West before his injury in HS.

The rest I tend to agree with
I think his point is that based on current recruiting targets, that the listed guys wouldn't be among those offered. I agree, but many of those would have gotten P5 offers from upper mid to lower level conference teams.

IMHO, Ishmael, Chantz, Cave, Huff, Harvey, Brooks would have been recruited hard. Balom a plan B kid. Rest? Not so sure.

Chantz and Cave are freaks, they should be making highlight plays. Brooks was unstoppable pre injury and that one bowl game proves he still has talent. No idea how/why he got buried so deep, I was convinced Harvey was our next "find" like Joe Jackson and Rousseau. He certainly looked the part in his camp highlights.

Seeing those kids and Roberts marginalized or playing under their potential has been a huge head scratcher for me. I hope this defensive staff untaps that ability, because it's there.
I think Ishmael would have been slow played but eventually would have been a take. Balom too. I agree with the rest.

Harvey is top 3 most disappointing player on this roster. We need him and now we have to go to the portal because we can’t trust him going into next season. Smh. (Sam Brooks is #1 and Tecory Couch is #2)

I've said it like 5 times already, the theme of this season is **** or get off the pot!! Walker Brooks Huff Chantz Redding(if he's even still on the roster) **** even Chaney etc. All got to add something or get out the way. It sounds cold but Bama UGA and OSU keep it moving w/o hesitation.
**** Saban benched Hertz in the Natty! That’s keepin it moving without hesitation if I’ve ever seen it.

Advertisement
Chantz was disappointing. Flashed some. Certainly has a motor and raw strength is a huge plus. Need to get this guy a DE coach who can equip him with some technique.

If he doesn't, Kelly and Moss are going to have to play....
I think the coaching he received or lack there of was more disappointing than Chantz. Last year’s coaching staph on that side of the ball was a **** show.

Reading these comments, I think what some posters are forgetting is these young men played for a incompetent coaching staph and a ****** defensive scheme. I think the coaches failed the players. In my opinion the coaches are the disappointment. I think it will be evident in 2022 with the new coaching staff Mario has assembled so far.

Advertisement
Back