Changes I’d like to see

I like Thomas in 2 hole but I'm surprised by the decision. I believe we are a a more complete team if Tuero is in 2 hole.

Considering not one kid on the team can steal a bag and taking into consideration what an absolute monster hitter Del Castillo is. I want to see small ball implemented at top of the order. Whoever leads off, if they get on. I want to see the next guy bunt him over. We are losing out on valuable runs by not doing this. Castillo is a walking RBI and we have to do WHATEVER is necessary to get guys in scoring position for him to start games. I wouldn't be saying this if any of our guys could steal a bag but they can't at the moment.

Problem is, they just walk Del Castillo then. Maybe that's Ok if Gil keeps driving in runs. I'd rather we ditch the small ball w LH hitters and a runner on 1st, or 1st and second.

Let them hit something hard somewhere to the right side, and you should at least advance the runner if not start a big inning.

Advertisement
WAYYY TO MANNYY STRIKEOUTS LOOKING through first couple of weeks. These kids are getting absolutely fooled by sub par pitching. Not a good sign thus far.

Somebody has to produce between rivera and gates. Both of them are automatic outs right now. Tuero & Thomas have proved they belong in the lineup.

Gil has been hitting everything hard to right field. Really think he gets going soon.

Absolutely try Palmquist at closer. Federman isn't a closer. Everybody knew that coming in to the season. Him blowing it against UF was inevitable.

Vilar is tied with Del and Toral for the team lead in RBi.

We have nothing to lose by letting Vilar bat 3rd and moving Gil (leads the team in Ks) down in the order.

Lala LF
Jenkins CF
Vilar SS
Del C
Toral 1B
Gil 3B
Gates DH
Rivera RF
Tuero 2B

Vilar is tied with Del and Toral for the team lead in RBi.

We have nothing to lose by letting Vilar bat 3rd and moving Gil (leads the team in Ks) down in the order.

Lala LF
Jenkins CF
Vilar SS
Del C
Toral 1B
Gil 3B
Gates DH
Rivera RF
Tuero 2B
I can get behind this. No love for Thomas though?

Advertisement
Thomas played well yesterday. Perhaps a RHP/LHP platoon in RF is in order.

Thomas played well yesterday. Perhaps a RHP/LHP platoon in RF is in order.
Considering that Gates and Rivera can't buy a hit at the moment. I figured one of their spots were being taken by Thomas. Also Thomas made a great play in right yesterday.

Keysor performed well as the midweek starter in 2019. He hasn't responded quite as well in a setup role. I'd have him re-assume the midweek starter role on the road this week. Palmquist, Gates, Maury, Garland, McFarlane, Federman can round out the bullpen. Bodanza, Ruiz, Munroe, Carmona are depth.

Keysor performed well as the midweek starter in 2019. He hasn't responded quite as well in a setup role. I'd have him re-assume the midweek starter role on the road this week. Palmquist, Gates, Maury, Garland, McFarlane, Federman can round out the bullpen. Bodanza, Ruiz, Munroe, Carmona are depth.
You go to all 3 games over the weekend? I am no longer allowed on the WEZ, you will have to carry my OMAHA chant on for me buddy.....

Advertisement
Bun what did you think of performance this weekend?
I was OK with it, we need to do better at the plate vs a Towson caliber team on Friday night. I said it after the UF series we should win 10 of the next 12 or so but it won't really tell us much even if we do. DiMare is at least trying and we only have 8 errors in 11 games, so that's an improvement as our Defensive Fielding% is the highest it's been in a while. Gil needs to start getting some hits.
I'm still holding hope I get to watch them in Omaha in June but right now I don't think we are a Top 8 team in the nation.... we have 50 games or so left so we can turn it around.
And I say this every **** day but if Slade would watch BVB pitch and take lessons it would help him greatly, he has all the tools but still does not pitch to his ability mentally.
I got kicked off the WEZ by some soft ****** mod so I will be here if you wanna chat about baseball, keep them WEZ jokers in line over there.

You go to all 3 games over the weekend? I am no longer allowed on the WEZ, you will have to carry my OMAHA chant on for me buddy.....

I had to miss the games on Wed and Fri. Was out of town. Froze my rear end off on Saturday and Sunday was cool and windy. Between the Zamora injury, poor hitting, Gators sweep, no RF bleachers, rain, cold and wind it's been a miserable season. Seeing Slade get rocked in the face was ugly. They even played the dirty version of a Kanye West song between innings and everyone erupted in laughter/dismay when a loud and clear F-bomb echoed throughout the stadium.

I was OK with it, we need to do better at the plate vs a Towson caliber team on Friday night. I said it after the UF series we should win 10 of the next 12 or so but it won't really tell us much even if we do. DiMare is at least trying and we only have 8 errors in 11 games, so that's an improvement as our Defensive Fielding% is the highest it's been in a while. Gil needs to start getting some hits.
I'm still holding hope I get to watch them in Omaha in June but right now I don't think we are a Top 8 team in the nation.... we have 50 games or so left so we can turn it around.
And I say this every **** day but if Slade would watch BVB pitch and take lessons it would help him greatly, he has all the tools but still does not pitch to his ability mentally.
I got kicked off the WEZ by some soft ****** mod so I will be here if you wanna chat about baseball, keep them WEZ jokers in line over there.
As always completely agree on Slade.

Gil is starting to hit the ball hard to right field. I think he is about to get going.

We need to address the black hole we have in middle of lineup at the moment with Rivera and Gates.

Thomas & Tuero have looked great at the plate. Especially Tuero

The strike outs looking is my biggest concern against an opponent like Rutgers and Towson. These kids are getting flat out fooled up there which scares me.

Advertisement
Our team BA is .249, that is about .40 below where it should be. I think Gates and Gil will be fine as the season plays out.

Our 1-2-3 starters are about as good as there is IMO. The UF series still leaves a **** taste in my mouth but it is what is and it's over now. We need to start pounding some of these lesser teams, not winning 2-1 when BVB throws gems like that.

Pitt is 10-1 and FAU is 7-3 but we should win all 4. I really think we should win 80+% of our games leading up to Louisville, then like the UF series we will see what we are really made of.

I had to miss the games on Wed and Fri. Was out of town. Froze my rear end off on Saturday and Sunday was cool and windy. Between the Zamora injury, poor hitting, Gators sweep, no RF bleachers, rain, cold and wind it's been a miserable season. Seeing Slade get rocked in the face was ugly. They even played the dirty version of a Kanye West song between innings and everyone erupted in laughter/dismay when a loud and clear F-bomb echoed throughout the stadium.
Team has a long way to go to be Omaha worthy my friend, but I have not given up

Agree about Keysor. He’s a mediocre reliever but a fairly decent starter. I’d swap Munroe and Maury between your lists. Albert is far enough removed from his surgery that we should have seen progress, but he’s still struggling even in mop up duty.

Advertisement
Agree about Keysor. He’s a mediocre reliever but a fairly decent starter. I’d swap Munroe and Maury between your lists. Albert is far enough removed from his surgery that we should have seen progress, but he’s still struggling even in mop up duty.
He doesn't look the same. Maury that is.

Last edited:
I think Keysor looks fine. His BAA is good he has just served up a few meatballs where he missed his spot and got hurt. The other night he was 95 on the gun a few FBs. He was my and still is my # choice to close if 99 keeps getting rocked out of his tube socks

Rookie UM baseball follower question. If gates is the DH and doing so poor, is there not a better hitter option on the roster? Do the young guys even get a chance to battle for the DH spot? Is the college hitting game so different from HS, that its too early for any stud hitter freshmen?

Rookie UM baseball follower question. If gates is the DH and doing so poor, is there not a better hitter option on the roster? Do the young guys even get a chance to battle for the DH spot? Is the college hitting game so different from HS, that its too early for any stud hitter freshmen?
He hit .340 last year, not going to pull him out as the DH 11 games into the season

Advertisement
Back