Changes I’d like to see

Miami04

Senior
We need to try someone other than Paige out at 2nd. He is totally overmatched at the plate.
Gates needs to become the closer and Federman moved to set up.
I’d like to see Jenkins moved to 2nd in the lineup.

Gino needs to look in the mirror. Pulling Gates early 2 games in a row for Federman to blow it. Plus, pinch hitting for Jenkins (who’s hitting pretty good) for a true freshman was stupid.

Advertisement
Yes, unfortunate for the squad with some of the decision making. Federman’s stuff is just too flat and straight at this point to rely on him in high leverage situations. There’s more than enough talented arms to work with and hope the proper adjustments are made. I disagree with the setup role for Federman. I’d like to see him start or work his way in some mid week games for a couple few innings at a time, something akin to the “opener” philosophy the Rays and other teams have employed. Hopefully the guys can get the bats going and salvage one today.

Isn’t it like game 6 of the season..no reason to panic off one series

this one series has clearly shown the difference between a very good team and a great team. UF has done everything right this weekend. If we want to be like that we need to make some changes.

Advertisement
Isn’t it like game 6 of the season..no reason to panic off one series

It’s like you people all got the same talking points in an email. This “just one series” nonsense has been going on for almost 20 years. You can’t seem to understand that when we can’t hit, run bases, play defense, or close out games, that is an indicator of NOT being an elite team. We’ve seen this thing play out with early postseason exits over and over and over, but every single year people come back with “relax, it’s just one series, we’ll be fine”.

It’s like you people all got the same talking points in an email. This “just one series” nonsense has been going on for almost 20 years. You can’t seem to understand that when we can’t hit, run bases, play defense, or close out games, that is an indicator of NOT being an elite team. We’ve seen this thing play out with early postseason exits over and over and over, but every single year people come back with “relax, it’s just one series, we’ll be fine”.
We have the dumbest and softest fan base I have ever seen. These ***** just come in here with the same stupid *** responses. These responses tell us they aren’t Miami baseball fans and have been sleeping through the last 10+ years

no, my point is it’s game 6 lol..it’s baseball..you don’t flip flop guys in the lineup after what 20 ABs..you don’t flip flop your pen after 5 appearances. You don’t panic after 7 games. You lick your wounds and move forward. Florida is a great team, but you don’t use 3 games as a barometer for the rest of the season. You can’t trip over one series in the 2nd weekend of the season. Could easily have taken this early season series and get dropped in the tourney..just like you could put a bad weekend in the 2nd weekend and get hot at the right time down the stretch. Point is don’t get too high and don’t get too low.

If we went out and took 2 of 3 this weekend that doesn’t prove we are a elite team. It’s about getting hot and clicking at the right time

Advertisement
We have the dumbest and softest fan base I have ever seen. These ***** just come in here with the same stupid *** responses. These responses tell us they aren’t Miami baseball fans and have been sleeping through the last 10+ years
So you using the last 15 years as proof to ineptitude..after 6 games..in the sport of baseball

this one series has clearly shown the difference between a very good team and a great team. UF has done everything right this weekend. If we want to be like that we need to make some changes.
Bro you don’t make drastic changes after one weekend against a elite team..2-1..7-4..then whatever happens today..u have to put it behind you and move on..it’s weekend number 2..after 15-20 games are so if changes need to be made in the backend of the pen or in the lineup you make those changes..not after game 6 or 7 in the yead

Bro you don’t make drastic changes after one weekend against a elite team..2-1..7-4..then whatever happens today..u have to put it behind you and move on..it’s weekend number 2..after 15-20 games are so if changes need to be made in the backend of the pen or in the lineup you make those changes..not after game 6 or 7 in the yead

so we should hope our fielding gets better and our lack of hitting works itself out? Don’t make any adjustments?

just have faith in Federman even though he struggled last year and has blown a game and a save already in 3 appearances this year?

Plus, I can’t be totally wrong considering they made one of the changes I said, moving Jenkins up in lineup

Changes I want to see:

Get Dimare and his father the **** out of coral gables

I’m not here yet. Dimare is putting together some great recruiting classes and talent will take care of some issues.

I’m not convinced this team is as talented as some. I think a lot of players had career years last year and won’t be able to duplicate it this year.

Advertisement
I’m not here yet. Dimare is putting together some great recruiting classes and talent will take care of some issues.

I’m not convinced this team is as talented as some. I think a lot of players had career years last year and won’t be able to duplicate it this year.
I’m certain that Dimare handed each of these players in the lineup and rotation their respective positions outside of van belle. No competition throughout summer and fall ball. He maybe can recruit but he has proven to be a worse in game skipper than Morris thus far. That’s frightening in year two

i Agree Federman Should Be Midweek Starter, He Has Starter Stuff, Not Closer Material. Obvious Having Gates Close & Then Everyone Else Is Competing By Performance To Pitch The 7th & 8th - Garland,Keysor,Mcfarlane & So On

Advertisement
so we should hope our fielding gets better and our lack of hitting works itself out? Don’t make any adjustments?

just have faith in Federman even though he struggled last year and has blown a game and a save already in 3 appearances this year?

Plus, I can’t be totally wrong considering they made one of the changes I said, moving Jenkins up in lineup
After 6 games..yes..the answer is not to panic and switch everything up based on 3 games out of a 56-66 game seasom

no, my point is it’s game 6 lol..it’s baseball..you don’t flip flop guys in the lineup after what 20 ABs..you don’t flip flop your pen after 5 appearances. You don’t panic after 7 games. You lick your wounds and move forward. Florida is a great team, but you don’t use 3 games as a barometer for the rest of the season. You can’t trip over one series in the 2nd weekend of the season. Could easily have taken this early season series and get dropped in the tourney..just like you could put a bad weekend in the 2nd weekend and get hot at the right time down the stretch. Point is don’t get too high and don’t get too low.

If we went out and took 2 of 3 this weekend that doesn’t prove we are a elite team. It’s about getting hot and clicking at the right time

What you aren't getting is that our performance in the second series has consistently been a microcosm of the team that we ultimately become all year. Somehow we don't ever seem to "get hot and click". We are who we are.

Advertisement
Back