Changes I’d like to see

Like I said..it’s baseball..you vs. use the last 10 or so years as proof to a trend after a 3 game series against another elite team..you played ball in college?

Is this a joke? Most people learn that when the same thing happens over and over and over, you can't just chalk it up to "it's baseball, relax". This happens every single year.

Yes.

Advertisement
What you aren't getting is that our performance in the second series has consistently been a microcosm of the team that we ultimately become all year. Somehow we don't ever seem to "get hot and click". We are who we are.
that is not true at all bro...u can’t use one weekend in baseball too determine that..you u just can’t..way too small of a sample size..y’all panicking based on 12-14 previous seasons

Is this a joke? Most people learn that when the same thing happens over and over and over, you can't just chalk it up to "it's baseball, relax". This happens every single year.

Yes.
NOT after 6 ******* games..bruh this is funny asf too me..i played in college also...theres proof all throughout the history of baseball of teams starting out hot and fizzled out and teams who started slow and get hot and click at the right time..baseball is about keeping pace and playing overall good ball in the long haul..no matter what a 3 game series in the 2nd week will never determine the end result of the season so u don’t go panicking and making changes off that result..ppl talking about changing the lineup after 20 ABs and changing the backend of the Pen after 4 or 5 appearances is crazy

that is not true at all bro...u can’t use one weekend in baseball too determine that..you u just can’t..way too small of a sample size..y’all panicking based on 12-14 previous seasons

No one is panicking. But people who understand baseball see the exact same issues that doom us every other year. It's the same broken record. Someone like you claims that you can't judge a team based on one weekend, then at the end of the season we lose due to the same issues that happened in that weekend. Yet you never learn.

NOT after 6 ******* games..bruh this is funny asf too me..i played in college also...theres proof all throughout the history of baseball of teams starting out hot and fizzled out and teams who started slow and get hot and click at the right time..baseball is about keeping pace and playing overall good ball in the long haul..no matter what a 3 game series in the 2nd week will never determine the end result of the season so u don’t go panicking and making changes off that result..ppl talking about changing the lineup after 20 ABs and changing the backend of the Pen after 4 or 5 appearances is crazy

Cool, next year you'll be saying the same thing even though we won't do squat in the postseason again this year. You won't learn. The sheep have literally, without exaggeration, been telling us "we're fine" for 19 straight seasons.

Advertisement
Cool, next year you'll be saying the same thing even though we won't do squat in the postseason again this year. You won't learn. The sheep have literally, without exaggeration, been telling us "we're fine" for 19 straight seasons.
First, I don’t/didn’t expect this team to go the distance In the postseason..I said it coming in. The pen and rotation would be a problem in the postseason. I don’t think that answer is on this roster. This teams formula to make run will be determined by the bats getting hot at the correct time..the 2nd weekend of the season didn’t determine that for me

First, I don’t/didn’t expect this team to go the distance In the postseason..I said it coming in. The pen and rotation would be a problem in the postseason. I don’t think that answer is on this roster. This teams formula to make run will be determined by the bats getting hot at the correct time..the 2nd weekend of the season didn’t determine that for me

Then you need to be able to evaluate the way guys approach their at bats. This has been a losing formula for a while now. It's not just a matter of "getting hot". The way we approach a game will always get beat by good pitching.

Then you need to be able to evaluate the way guys approach their at bats. This has been a losing formula for a while now. It's not just a matter of "getting hot". The way we approach a game will always get beat by good pitching.
Players who have terrible plate approaches that’s always on the player imo. And I agree with that assessment. It’s a mixture of being selfish at the plate and not understanding situational hitting. Any place u go teams work on situational hitting. I know for me my coach during BP had us put down 3 successful bunts. If U ****ed up on 2 outta the 3 u get no swings. Then get 12swings. 4 of which were situational. First swing Hit run. Next sac Fly. Then 2 oppo. Next 8 swings u were free. But if u ****ed up you were done.

Players who have terrible plate approaches that’s always on the player imo. And I agree with that assessment. It’s a mixture of being selfish at the plate and not understanding situational hitting. Any place u go teams work on situational hitting. I know for me my coach during BP had us put down 3 successful bunts. If U ****ed up on 2 outta the 3 u get no swings. Then get 12swings. 4 of which were situational. First swing Hit run. Next sac Fly. Then 2 oppo. Next 8 swings u were free. But if u ****ed up you were done.

I think you proved that it's not always on the player. DiMare chooses who to recruit, and DiMare chooses how we practice. He also chooses how to respond as the head coach when guys don't do their jobs.

Advertisement
I think you proved that it's not always on the player. DiMare chooses who to recruit, and DiMare chooses how we practice. He also chooses how to respond as the head coach when guys don't do their jobs.
My point is, once again it’s only the 2nd weekend this won’t determine the season. That’s my point. U brought up plate approach, that’s on the player

My point is, once again it’s only the 2nd weekend this won’t determine the season. That’s my point. U brought up plate approach, that’s on the player

Well, you're wrong on both counts. The three losses don't determine the season, but the way we play baseball certainly does.

As for plate approach, if it's not the job of the coach to recruit and develop players into having the correct approach, what are we paying him for?

Well, you're wrong on both counts. The three losses don't determine the season, but the way we play baseball certainly does.

As for plate approach, if it's not the job of the coach to recruit and develop players into having the correct approach, what are we paying him for?
U said u played ball..you think a coach controls what a player decides to do at the plate? Lol really. Plenty of selfish hitters are on the next level too. As a coach u can preach, drill and speak all u want but players especially in baseball have to buy into it

U said u played ball..you think a coach controls what a player decides to do at the plate? Lol really. Plenty of selfish hitters are on the next level too. As a coach u can preach, drill and speak all u want but players especially in baseball have to buy into it

Not sure if this is real.

Why do other teams have better approaches at the plate? It's either a recruiting problem or a developmental problem, and DiMare is in charge of both.

Not joking....what do you think a hitting coach is supposed to do?

Advertisement
Isn’t it like game 6 of the season..no reason to panic off one series

At issue is not will the team have a good season and get into the regionals, probably host the first round. It is whether the team gets to Omaha. With all the talented Juniors, that has to be the expectation. It will not happen with the bullpen operating as it is. Just don't have the confidence in Federman as the closer. He is a quality arm, but I just don't see the closer mentality.

Gates definitely needs to close. He was supposed to last year but he wasn’t ready. He is now ready. Federman is a 7th or 8th inning guy. You need an arm behind him in case he gives up some hits, which he is prone to do because his fastball is straight.

Tuero needs to start at 2B and let Paige come in late defensively with a lead. We can’t give up 4 free outs a game by starting him. You always go offense early and defense late. We are doing the opposite and you definitely can’t justify that at second base. This isn’t a catcher we are talking about.

Beyond that, we need guys to hit. We have a bunch of guys around .200 or under and that will never cut it.

The coach who plays. If a player is not playing within the situation, sit them until they decide to attempt to do what is needed.

Advertisement
At issue is not will the team have a good season and get into the regionals, probably host the first round. It is whether the team gets to Omaha. With all the talented Juniors, that has to be the expectation. It will not happen with the bullpen operating as it is. Just don't have the confidence in Federman as the closer. He is a quality arm, but I just don't see the closer mentality.
Does that go out the window or is it in jeopardy after this weekend? No it’s not.

The coach who plays. If a player is not playing within the situation, sit them until they decide to attempt to do what is needed.
You not sitting guys after 20 ABs unless they ignore signs or are extremely ******* up..your not gonna risk shattering conf at the plate..plate approach always comes down to the player at the plate..look Florida is very much a top 7 team in the country and played a good series..but it’s too early to panick..even if we swept them I wouldn’t have bought into it that much

You not sitting guys after 20 ABs unless they ignore signs or are extremely ******* up..your not gonna risk shattering conf at the plate..plate approach always comes down to the player at the plate..look Florida is very much a top 7 team in the country and played a good series..but it’s too early to panick..even if we swept them I wouldn’t have bought into it that much
Did you not watch the series? How after watching the plate approaches we had this weekend from most of the lineup can you not say there needs to be changes made to the lineup? Are we going to let this garbage *** lineup top to bottom continue until ACC play? I sure hope not, I'm the kind of guy that likes a revolving lineup until you find consistency. I have always liked rewarding guys who have deserved it. If I was Gino I would make these changes for the midweek game:

1. Jenkins (Have no idea why gino hasn't rewarded this man. Besides Castillo only kid I have seen put the ball in play consistenly.)
2. Lala (He needs to do whatever he can to get on base or advance runners. He isn't the table setter at the moment.)
3. Castillo (stud)
4. Gil (still strikes out wayyyy to much but had good swings this weekend)
5. Toral (Solid plate approaches this weekend)
6. Rivera (can't hit breaking ball. I really want to move him up to 2 spot and put LaLa here but am hesitant.)
7. Gates (Team's have figured him out: can't hit the breaking ball)
8. Vilar (LOL at this kid. Been saying it since last year. Garbage)
9. Tuero (We need him in the lineup instead of Paige.)

Obviously get Federman out of closing role. It's not it. We all know it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back