Chaney Gone

Advertisement
Not sure I agree on Best RB. I like Chaney a bunch, but I would think Fletch is the best back on the roster and it isn't even close.
Definitely debatable, not surprising he's leaving but still would much rather have Chaney than 28

Definitely debatable, not surprising he's leaving but still would much rather have Chaney than 28

I like Chaney better than 28 as well. And although Allen had the game winning run vs. Clemson…There was a clear difference between the two when we went ground and pound that game (Chaney clearly better)

biggest hit so far, this one hurts a bit

thanks for everything Don!

Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes

I’m hurt Dawg

Advertisement
Lol so far we have lost our starting qb, best RB, 2 deep DE, and starting LB 😂. I know most were expected but still oof
Not an oof.
QB - We want to replace tVd with someone else
Rb - Chaney is way too injury prone. We're rocking with the young guys. Good decision for both parties.
DE - He's in the 2 deep, but we're also getting Nyjalik Kelly and Akheem Mesidor back. And Bain and Jayden Wayne are another year more experienced and more talented. Plus we have a pretty legit recruiting class at DE imo. Obviously you'd like to keep him, but thats exactly the type of guy you expect to leave... Just is what it is in todays game. Small impact.
LB - .... just no.

Best of luck. Not a big loss. Seems like a good kid. Hopefully he finds the right fit, has a full healthy year and good things happen.
STOP with the, "Not a big loss." He is a big loss!!! We also have depth, but make no mistake he and Parrish were the two best RBs this year. Fletcher has upside, but he's not at Chaney's level yet.

Chaney wants and needs more carries to showcase himself for the NFL. Fully understood. Wish him the best moving forward.

I'll miss him. I know I'm not alone. He was a fan favorite who produced when he could. The backfield is getting crowded and he's getting old. I hope he lands somewhere that will use him and he stays healthy.

Advertisement
Not an oof.
Rb - Chaney is way too injury prone. We're rocking with the young guys. Good decision for both parties.
DE - He's in the 2 deep, but we're also getting Nyjalik Kelly and Akheem Mesidor back. And Bain and Jayden Wayne are another year more experienced and more talented. Plus we have a pretty legit recruiting class at DE imo. Obviously you'd like to keep him, but thats exactly the type of guy you expect to leave... Just is what it is in todays game. Small impact.
LB - .... just no.
Don't forget about Acheampong. He was injured this year. I think he gets some burn next year. Likely grows into a DT. Would be massive if he does.

I expect Moss to Transfer. Hasn't put on enough weight and got passed on the depth chart by 3 younger players.

Flagg played very well this year. However, the young guys are so talented that they'd likely pass him on the depth chart next year. He can move on and be a P5 starter somewhere.

STOP with the, "Not a big loss." He is a big loss!!! We also have depth, but make no mistake he and Parrish were the two best RBs this year. Fletcher has upside, but he's not at Chaney's level yet.

Chaney wants and needs more carries to showcase himself for the NFL. Fully understood. Wish him the best moving forward.
He's not an NFL talent.

They better check his Carfax.

Availability is the best ability. Best of luck.

Advertisement

That’s fair. But at no point even this year his first “healthy” year did he have a stretch of games where everyone said wow this is the guy.

Another Sfla kid that people anointed from day onethat unfortunately got hit by some unfortunate injuries. Seems like a good kid and as I said he’s healthy now so maybe he goes somewhere and blows up. But until then replacing his 800 total yards over 4 years isn’t a big loss.

Not an oof.
LB - .... just no.
Lol i totally get it man. so far no surprises just hard off the rip im sure once the dust settles it will be all good

Advertisement
Out of all the guys that transferred , Flagg surprised me the most considering his playing time the last 2 years under Cristobal

You’ll see Citizen in the bowl.

Then let’s see how you feel about Chaney leaving then.

Out of all the guys that transferred , Flagg surprised me the most considering his playing time the last 2 years under Cristobal

He knows he’s going to have a hard time keeping the young LB’s off the field next year. I was surprised he kept Aguirre off the field like he did.

Unfortunately for Flagg, Aguirre and Pulliam are getting exponentially better in practice…and both are better athletes than Flagg.

Kids a tough SOB, I wish him the best of luck and hope one day he gives coaching a shot.

Advertisement
Back