Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Ringz(The Wez recruiting Shaman) is saying Chance is gone. All in all Ringz is accurate at Dmoney.
Truthfully, he never seemed solid here. Someone called me out for not including him in a mock back in like June, I kept silent. He might very well stick, but he never gave me solidly committed vibes.

And if he does de-commit, maybe people will wake up and realize this class is underachieving. Big time.

Advertisement
It’s a very disingenuous post w/ severe lack of context. Stanford has only had six 5* recruits in the last 12 cycles, none since 2017. Lol. If u have small sample sizes then the #’s will be inflated.
I was thinking the same thing. If I hit on 4/8 5* but another program hits on 35/100…

It’s a very disingenuous post w/ severe lack of context. Stanford has only had six 5* recruits in the last 12 cycles, none since 2017. Lol. If u have small sample sizes then the #’s will be inflated.
lol precisely.... like I havent done the numbers but I am confident I can say the % rate of blue chip "busts" at Bama is prob top 5 in the nation. Not because they can't develop, they just get soooo many blue chip croots that a good handful either get hurt, dismissed, overrated, whatever and they have another one step in.

Advertisement
One of the biggest errors people make with stats, and this even applies to high level professionals such as Doctors is over relying on small samples sizes. Small size neglect is one of the most pertinent cognitive biases we see in society today.

Advertisement
I’m okay with losing Chance Robinson because although he’s good, he’s not really an elite talent to come in overthrown the others. However, I’d definitely
be hurt if Trader left. He’s an elite next level talent.
Robinson isn't an "elite level talent," but we sure as **** need a #2 or #3, p-5 level starting WR. Unacceptable to lose Robinson from this class.

QP asked who the last WR not named Berrios who we recruited out of high school that got drafted was.

I know; I was adding more dialogue to Coley b/c it’s frustrating how he turned out. Definition of Uber talent & just wouldn’t put it together on the field.

Truthfully, he never seemed solid here. Someone called me out for not including him in a mock back in like June, I kept silent. He might very well stick, but he never gave me solidly committed vibes.

And if he does de-commit, maybe people will wake up and realize this class is underachieving. Big time.
Nah you a pu$$y boy with no **** on his period per the astronauts in this thread

lol precisely.... like I havent done the numbers but I am confident I can say the % rate of blue chip "busts" at Bama is prob top 5 in the nation. Not because they can't develop, they just get soooo many blue chip croots that a good handful either get hurt, dismissed, overrated, whatever and they have another one step in.
The most overlooked aspect when it comes to recruiting imo.
No one has ever attempted to follow the actual number of blue chip recruits that never sniffed the nfl draft from teams like Bama and osu.

Those teams have this mystique as if everyone that has ever signed with them made the league.

Advertisement
For those saying Chance can’t play at OSU he is a higher ranked recruit than Marvin Harrison or Chris Olave.
I am not saying he "can't play" there, I am saying that they have a very crowded house at WR, while we do not. He is more needed here than there. He will play earlier here than there.

Of course he has the level to play there. As stated, he's not your world-beater #1 receiver, but he's good enough to start at the P5 level. We need him. We can't keep losing targets like this every ******* year.

If we keep an additional target of this caliber every year, that's the marginal improvement we need to win additional games.

The staff needs to win this.

So is he staying or going to OSU?
the clash GIF by Distractify

Advertisement
I am not saying he "can't play" there, I am saying that they have a very crowded house at WR, while we do not. He is more needed here than there. He will play earlier here than there.

Of course he has the level to play there. As stated, he's not your world-beater #1 receiver, but he's good enough to start at the P5 level. We need him. We can't keep losing targets like this every ******* year.

If we keep an additional target of this caliber every year, that's the marginal improvement we need to win additional games.

The staff needs to win this.
Good perspective

When we were recruiting Barney I actually mentioned I liked Barney a bit more than Chance, granted I haven’t seen a lot of either

But that doesn’t mean we don’t really need Chance as well. Our #1 projected receiver next year is an unproven JUCO transfer…not to slight Colbie Young who I love as a prospect, but we are in South Florida, it just shouldn’t come to this

It’s going to sound bad but…

Chance Robinson isn’t an OSU caliber WR.

Definitely don't see this…I mean if you want to say Jeremiah Smith is a better prospect, yeah I get it.

But Chance gotta be a top 20 WR in the nation?

OSU recruits plenty of WR that look (and are rated similar to Chance)? Or do you think he's just that overrated.

Last edited:
One of the biggest errors people make with stats, and this even applies to high level professionals such as Doctors is over relying on small samples sizes. Small size neglect is one of the most pertinent cognitive biases we see in society today.
Since you mentioned Doctors and stats. Many people simply do not understand or are misled by stats.

Here you go: A study shows that high Cholesterol increases your chance of a heart attack by 4 times. How did they come up with this number?

.3% of the group with Low cholesterol had a heart attack while 1.2% of the group with high cholesterol had a heart attack. 1.2 is 4x greater than .3 LOL

Yet nearly 99% in both groups did not have a heart attack during the 2.5 year study. This is not mentioned .

Then they do not tell you that the group with low cholesterol had a higher mortality risk in other areas.

Doctors are misled by these stats and want to put everyone on meds for cholesterol.

Advertisement
Back