Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Good perspective

When we were recruiting Barney I actually mentioned I liked Barney a bit more than Chance, granted I haven’t seen a lot of either

But that doesn’t mean we don’t really need Chance as well. Our #1 projected receiver next year is an unproven JUCO transfer…not to slight Colbie Young who I love as a prospect, but we are in South Florida, it just shouldn’t come to this
I believe Joseph is by far the most talented receiver on the roster, but he's a true freshman this year, which is always a wild card. As it stands, we really don't have a proven commodity at the position. If we had an obvious 1, 2, and 3 for '23 and '24, then who cares about losing an eventual #2/3 starter. But we are hardly anywhere near that level. That's why I wanted Barney as well, even though I think he's basically a rotational piece.

Advertisement
Ringz(The Wez recruiting Shaman) is saying Chance is gone. All in all Ringz is accurate at Dmoney.
1690833909360.gif

I believe Joseph is by far the most talented receiver on the roster, but he's a true freshman this year, which is always a wild card. As it stands, we really don't have a proven commodity at the position. If we had an obvious 1, 2, and 3 for '23 and '24, then who cares about losing an eventual #2/3 starter. But we are hardly anywhere near that level. That's why I wanted Barney as well, even though I think he's basically a rotational piece.
I can’t wait to see Joseph. He reminds me of Kam a few years back when there was attention on other guys but literally every practice report he’s just out there making plays. I think he makes a nice impact this year

I can’t wait to see Joseph. He reminds me of Kam a few years back when there was attention on other guys but literally every practice report he’s just out there making plays. I think he makes a nice impact this year

Only thing giving me pause is he plays the same position as Restrepo, and I can't see that kid coming off the field much.

I'm sure Dawson will find ways to get him the ball, but I just can't see a big snap share simply because of who is in front of him.

Advertisement
Agreed. Excited to see him play. Gives me Santana vibes

Only thing giving me pause is he plays the same position as Restrepo, and I can't see that kid coming off the field much.

I'm sure Dawson will find ways to get him the ball, but I just can't see a big snap share simply because of who is in front of him.
I was actually gonna post the exact same thing. X being injured last year was another gut shot for an offense that couldn’t afford it

I’m really curious to see how guys like Joseph and Chris Johnson get involved since they’ve just got speed we really didn’t have

I was actually gonna post the exact same thing. X being injured last year was another gut shot for an offense that couldn’t afford it

I’m really curious to see how guys like Joseph and Chris Johnson get involved since they’ve just got speed we really didn’t have
Hopefully a shot in the arm.

Advertisement

I think Restrepo catches 75 balls this year.

I think Restrepo catches 75 balls this year.
If that’s the case I think we will be cooking with gas on offense. He will hopefully open up Colbie Young and perhaps Harrell on the outside

Mallory took a lot of **** here, and we have talent at TE, but we need someone to step up and be reliable there. It’s not an all world group yet, but we’ve got some talent

If that’s the case I think we will be cooking with gas on offense. He will hopefully open up Colbie Young and perhaps Harrell on the outside

Mallory took a lot of **** here, and we have talent at TE, but we need someone to step up and be reliable there. It’s not an all world group yet, but we’ve got some talent

I think Skinner breaks out this year. I know Arroyo is the top dog, but 10 months off an ACL scares me. Skinner is going to have an opportunity to show what he can do a ton in camp and I think he’s going to seize it. He reminds me a lot of Chris Herndon, he just needed a year in the weight room. The fluidity, the slipperiness, the way he glides. And one thing that really popped to me last year was the first defender rarely tackled him. That’s a significant skill, and to be able to show it as a true freshman, I believe that will show up throughout his career and only improve as he puts on size and strength.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Remember when we were only blue chip hunting back in early a July.

The term blue chip is pretty relative these days I guess…blue chip, no chip…same thing.

Definitely don't see this…I mean if you want to say Jeremiah Smith is a better prospect, yeah I get it.

But Chance gotta be a top 20 WR in the nation?

OSU recruits plenty of WR that look (and are rated similar to Chance)? Or do you think he's just that overrated.

i don’t want to besmirch this young man further.

We can continue thru DM’s if you’d like sir

Advertisement
Back