Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I’m okay with losing Chance Robinson because although he’s good, he’s not really an elite talent to come in overthrown the others. However, I’d definitely
be hurt if Trader left. He’s an elite next level talent.
That is some crazy copium right there. Chance and JoJo at WR is not only a bright spot in this class that has underwhelmed thus far but from a big picture perspective, it’s even more important than that in that it helps complete the roster and was one of two spots on the team not properly addressed by the 23 class.

Stacy Coley

In the last 17 NFL drafts, we've had 6 wide receivers drafted that we signed out of HS and who stayed here through their careers.

1 first-rounder (Dorsett)
1 third-rounder (Hankerson)
4 Day 3 picks (Benjamin, Streeter, Coley, Berrios)

It's utterly pathetic.

In that same time period, Alabama has had 8 receivers drafted in the first-round alone.

Advertisement
Hey. That may be true, but ain’t getting any better here at Miami. Sometimes we gotta look at ourselves too. Miami hasn’t had a HS recruit come in and get drafted since Braxton Berrios, and I’m sure that was mostly for KR/PR. Outside of that…Leonard Hankerson??
The comparison is very unnecessary and unwarranted. We know we have sucked. We know about our draft history. Osu is KNOWN for getting Wrs drafted. but how many people know that their last two wrs from FL went undrafted??

just some advice.... it's very okay to bring up negatives about osu without trying to throw us in that same mud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the last 17 NFL drafts, we've had 6 wide receivers drafted that we signed out of HS and who stayed here through their careers.

1 first-rounder (Dorsett)
1 third-rounder (Hankerson)
4 Day 3 picks (Benjamin, Streeter, Coley, Berrios)

It's utterly pathetic.

In that same time period, Alabama has had 8 receivers drafted in the first-round alone.
And 1 QB

One

Since Dorsey was picked in the last round (IIRC) Brad Kaaya is the only Miami QB that was drafted and I don’t think he even made the team

Seems impossible

Advertisement
Lol....what? This makes no sense. Not even sure what argument you're trying to make here.
someone said Chance isnt an OSU quality recruit at WR, others somewhat echoed this and a few assume he isnt an OSU level recruit but this is some chess game where the offer helps secure J.Smiff. This poster is responding to that general statement saying Chance is higher rated than Olave and Harrison insinuating he is good enough for an OSU offer standing on his own two feet without any other conditions because they previously took guys rated lower than him.

My take, he is a good WR and a good get regardless where he goes. He may not be truly elite #1 type prospect but to say he cant play at OSU is foolish. He may bust wherever he goes but that is a risk with all "offers" I do think Chance should take exception with the fact they are only offering him 4 months before early signing period and according to their board only because they missed on another prospect.

Advertisement
Back