Championship Mentality Coach Kevin Beard is preaching...

GCane305

Keepin' it 💯
After conversations with HS Coaches in the neighborhood , they convinced me Coach Beard is taking this team over, the players responding to his messages, Mentoring them to become more then just football players, but being great men on and off the field. They saying Miami coming more to their schools like never before and the kids feel the south florida energy that's been missing since the early 2000's. One coach said to me, "people don't understand how big of a hire Beard is for Miami. To have him from the '01 team that knew how to win will echo and vibrate throughout the team. They expect Miami to win alot this year, if their confidence and performance is on next level status, because they have the talent to do it now and the it's a team full of pitbulls that Beard is demanding from them.

I know we all hate that Defensive scheme, and they do too, but they think Golden brought in Randy Melvin to teach them the correct fundamentals on the defensive line, so expect some movement and moves to get to the quarterback. Chad Thomas and co., they think will have a breakout year if Golden let them play to their strengths.

- They not a fan of DB Coach Williams, don't understand why Miami don't use bump and run more often.
- Said Trayone "Chocolate" Gray and Joe Yearby needs to get the ball in space to be big time playmakers for the offense, to help pick up where Duke left off.
- Jaquan Johnson is one of the best safeties they ever seen, very vocal leader and his hitting ability, ball hawking skills reminded one of them a little bit of the late great Sean Taylor. very high praise for Q. Just have to stay healthy.
- Their kids love the communication they're having with Beard, said Miami got a head coach that gets "it" that's coaching wide receivers.
- Top Elite kids at the south florida camps talking about joining forces and commiting to Miami.

We were at a pinic in the community earlier, just thought i'll pass some of the conversation we had to the board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for passing along. I am still skeptical of this team being able to do anything with Golden at the helm, but at least KB seems like a good hire from the anecdotal stories and interviews I have seen. Maybe he will prove to be a good coach/recruiter and if/when Golden is fired, the next coach can keep him on board to help transition.

That's what I was saying in my thread about Beard. I noticed him walking with a group and no one was clowning. Everyone was locked on him focusing on what he was saying, and it was only a walk to class.

Advertisement
Typical positive spring talk, but thanks for passing it along. It's good to have Beard home.

So our WR coach is taking the team over??? We're ******* doomed. Our WR coach who was w/ the team last year will not be responsible for us having any more wins this year.

Not buying the energy deal and coming by more often..what happened to the 2015 kids then you think it's changed that much in less than 2 weeks?

We're talented this year? Wake up man this is Miami we're talented every year. Watch the draft we were more talented last year and we went 6-7. Idc who is coaching DL and WRs.

I wasn't at this picnic but boy they were serving some Orange and Green kool-aid.

so golden is not changing up the defense? kiss my f**king ***.. I stopped caring a long time ago but **** how stupid can you be...

Advertisement
brick by brick, it's in u, renewed, etc. I want wins. If i wanted to fluff, i would listen to Tony Robbins.

Kevin Beard isn't calling offensive plays. Kevin Beard isn't calling defensive plays. Kevin Beard isn't making high level decisions above Golden's head.

Stop hyping the poor guy up for failure. What happens this season, one way or the other, will have about .5% to do with Beard. He's a position coach...his impact will hopefully, most likely, be felt in recruiting. Impossible to judge him on the dumpster fire of a season we're about to have under the watchful eye of the worst head coach in the country and his merry band of idiotic, underqualified coordinators

Last edited:
Op please delete this thread its a joke lol Golden is done all of this hype is for the birds the writing been on the wall years ago there is no saving nothing we will all be witness to the Great breakup of Al Folden and UM at some point this season so everyone get your popcorn ready to see Golden fall on his face and get fired is much more exciting then any news.

Advertisement
Zzzzzzz

When these dudes prove it on the field I'll debate getting a boner.

Nothing but talk coming out of Coral Gables the last 4 years and aint shlt to show for it.

If Beard is that good, the next coach will retain him.

God**** yall whine and act like bytches too mothafuking much, can't even have a discussion without yall tampons leakin'. SMFH.

Op please delete this thread its a joke lol Golden is done all of this hype is for the birds the writing been on the wall years ago there is no saving nothing we will all be witness to the Great breakup of Al Folden and UM at some point this season so everyone get your popcorn ready to see Golden fall on his face and get fired is much more exciting then any news.

^^^Seems more likely

Advertisement
Johnson should be red shirting.

I'm tired of every incoming Miami safety being compared to Sean Taylor before they have even been on the field for one real snap.

I know we all hate that Defensive scheme, and they do too, but they think Golden brought in Randy Melvin to teach them the correct fundamentals on the defensive line, so expect some movement and moves to get to the quarterback. Chad Thomas and co., they think will have a breakout year if Golden let them play to their strengths

okie doak...right there

Advertisement
Back